Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
19 May 2023, 8:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2023, 6:36am
matedog wrote:
19 May 2023, 1:05am
Not sure there’s a better thread for this but TIL that Charlie starkweather’s murder spree girlfriend/companion is still alive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caril_Ann ... prov=sfti1
Years ago I created a TIL thread: https://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewto ... 5&p=212443

I always wonder about people who survive those kinds of famous moments of madness. Of course they aren't going to dwell on it every second going forward, but memories must bubble up every so often.
Not a serial killer but the kid that received and exorcism and was the inspiration for the book/movie died like three years ago; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism_ ... prov=sfti1

Doesn’t sound like there was much else notable about his life. Went to work for NASA, estranged from his kids at the time of his death. Nothing too satanic.
If you've never seen it, check out My Amityville Horror, about Danny Lutz. The guy was well fucked up by the whole experience.
https://tubitv.com/movies/684132/my-amityville-horror
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Well, my Tidal just randomly played Space Oddity and Ashes to Ashes back to back. The sentient being uprising is starting. Flex, you are behind this, aren't you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
19 May 2023, 9:50am
Well, my Tidal just randomly played Space Oddity and Ashes to Ashes back to back. The sentient being uprising is starting. Flex, you are behind this, aren't you.
No, then you have gotten that Smash Mouth/DMB/Exploited/"Kokomo" (extended mega-mix) combo from hell.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2023, 9:58am
JennyB wrote:
No, then you have gotten that Smash Mouth/DMB/Exploited/"Kokomo" (extended mega-mix) combo from hell.
I'm going to go vomit now.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

JennyB wrote:
The first & last Bowie songs.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2023, 8:58am
matedog wrote:
19 May 2023, 8:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2023, 6:36am
matedog wrote:
Not sure there’s a better thread for this but TIL that Charlie starkweather’s murder spree girlfriend/companion is still alive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caril_Ann ... prov=sfti1
Years ago I created a TIL thread: https://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewto ... 5&p=212443

I always wonder about people who survive those kinds of famous moments of madness. Of course they aren't going to dwell on it every second going forward, but memories must bubble up every so often.
Not a serial killer but the kid that received and exorcism and was the inspiration for the book/movie died like three years ago; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism_ ... prov=sfti1

Doesn’t sound like there was much else notable about his life. Went to work for NASA, estranged from his kids at the time of his death. Nothing too satanic.
If you've never seen it, check out My Amityville Horror, about Danny Lutz. The guy was well fucked up by the whole experience.
https://tubitv.com/movies/684132/my-amityville-horror
I'll see if I can watch it piecemeal soon.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So I'm trying to string a bamboo blind. The instructions are garbage but there's a video. The video has fucking jump cuts in it. One moment I'm seeing the string go in a hole and then it's somewhere else. How did it get there? Am I supposed to hire a magician?

edit: Finally figured it out via other people's videos and text. But even there the descriptions left a lot to be desired. They make sense once you've done it, but the first time it's confusing as fuck.
Last edited by Dr. Medulla on 19 May 2023, 3:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
I’d be more worried if it played Blackstar right after those two.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

matedog wrote:
Following her release, Fugate worked as a janitorial assistant and a nanny. She has since retired.
Someone hired her as a nanny. It’s wild out there.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I watched My Amityville Horror this morning. It’s really uncomfortable seeing someone who has been abused and traumatized as a child then aggressively, defensively build a narrative to explain it all.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2023, 10:26am
I watched My Amityville Horror this morning. It’s really uncomfortable seeing someone who has been abused and traumatized as a child then aggressively, defensively build a narrative to explain it all.
It's a hard watch.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I'm pretty sure nobody needs the Extra Double Large Big Gulp. I'm not sure if 7-Eleven has international locations, but if they do - I'm certain they only market this product in the United States.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
20 May 2023, 11:18am
I'm pretty sure nobody needs the Extra Double Large Big Gulp. I'm not sure if 7-Eleven has international locations, but if they do - I'm certain they only market this product in the United States.
Related content, I saw an ad where 7-11 says they'll deliver your slurpee to your door. (a) No way it won't be partly melted by the time it arrives; and (b) Who the fuck needs a slurpee so bad they get it delivered?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2023, 11:20am
WestwayKid wrote:
Related content, I saw an ad where 7-11 says they'll deliver your slurpee to your door. (a) No way it won't be partly melted by the time it arrives; and (b) Who the fuck needs a slurpee so bad they get it delivered?
Perhaps too stoned to drive? :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
20 May 2023, 11:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2023, 11:20am
WestwayKid wrote:
Perhaps too stoned to drive? :lol:
Do people get slurpee cravings when stoned? I dunno, maybe? I get a slurpee craving once a summer that has to be satisfied, and halfway thru it's always confirmed, nah, I really don't like them much. But every summer, when it gets stupid hot, I think, huh, I'd like that. Dumb.