Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 May 2019, 4:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2019, 1:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 May 2019, 1:51pm
revbob wrote:
11 May 2019, 1:15pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 May 2019, 1:12pm

Hmm, how much will that cost.
More than your missus. ;)
$1000 according to the manufacturer's site: https://foldimate.com. Definitely something that one could rationalize the cost of.
I'm a bit of cheapskate by nature. I could be convinced to do half of that. With monthly no interest payments. My dryer is probably 20 years old and my washer 10 to 15. I fear having to get a new washer because the new ones have all these stupid sensors in them and it takes way too long to just run a wash.
The most off-putting part to me is the size. We don't have a laundry room—we have a closet on the top floor where the washer and dryer are—so that thing would have to sit out in the open somewhere. Mind you, I can come up with a better use of $1000.

We had to get a new washer and dryer a couple years ago. The old washer developed some kind of problem and the repair guy said, yeah, he could fix it, but there's no guarantee it'd last much longer. The new one, tho, is crazy fast—maybe twice as quick as the old one. You'll be blown away by how much better washing machines are now.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2019, 4:10pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:

$1000 according to the manufacturer's site: https://foldimate.com. Definitely something that one could rationalize the cost of.
I'm a bit of cheapskate by nature. I could be convinced to do half of that. With monthly no interest payments. My dryer is probably 20 years old and my washer 10 to 15. I fear having to get a new washer because the new ones have all these stupid sensors in them and it takes way too long to just run a wash.
The most off-putting part to me is the size. We don't have a laundry room—we have a closet on the top floor where the washer and dryer are—so that thing would have to sit out in the open somewhere. Mind you, I can come up with a better use of $1000.

We had to get a new washer and dryer a couple years ago. The old washer developed some kind of problem and the repair guy said, yeah, he could fix it, but there's no guarantee it'd last much longer. The new one, tho, is crazy fast—maybe twice as quick as the old one. You'll be blown away by how much better washing machines are now.
I just have the basement and I'd have to make room for such a contraption. And yeah could easily find a better use for 1000. Like my wife told my neighbor who wanted us to chip in to cut down a big old tree at the corner of our lots. It would have been at least a few thousand each. She politely told them they should take a trip to Hawaii.

As for new washers I'd bought one a few years back and it would sit there and put in a little bit of water and then sit there some more and fuck if you wanted to add something once it finally got going the whole fucked up process would start from the beginning. I wanted to kill every engineer and ever manager that approved the decisions that lead to that piece of shit going to market. Fuck now I'm pissed just thinking about it

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 May 2019, 4:44pm
As for new washers I'd bought one a few years back and it would sit there and put in a little bit of water and then sit there some more and fuck if you wanted to add something once it finally got going the whole fucked up process would start from the beginning. I wanted to kill every engineer and ever manager that approved the decisions that lead to that piece of shit going to market. Fuck now I'm pissed just thinking about it
Then my work here is done!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2019, 4:54pm
revbob wrote:
11 May 2019, 4:44pm
Then my work here is done!
Thanks that got me a genuine good laugh.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

When we moved into this house, we inherited the washer. It's one of those fancy-schmany things. I hate it. It takes so freaking long to do a load, even a small one, and (I think) it doesn't get the clothes nearly as clean as one that has the agitator in the middle. We have very little control over the settings even if you do program it. What's wrong with knobs?, she yells at the sky.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mimi wrote:
12 May 2019, 8:10am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:

When we moved into this house, we inherited the washer. It's one of those fancy-schmany things. I hate it. It takes so freaking long to do a load, even a small one, and (I think) it doesn't get the clothes nearly as clean as one that has the agitator in the middle. We have very little control over the settings even if you do program it. What's wrong with knobs?, she yells at the sky.
They're just complete knobs. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
11 May 2019, 12:11pm
Washing machines and dryers are great, now can someone invent a fucking machine that folds that laundry too. I will often leave my work clothes in the laundry area so I can just blast them in the dryer for a minute instead of folding or ironing.
Does it come with an "origami" setting, or does that cost extra?
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JoseUnidos wrote:
12 May 2019, 4:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Does it come with an "origami" setting, or does that cost extra?
Take that Japanese culture—robots are coming for you now!

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Mowing the lawn is one of the most annoying yet most satisfying jobs in one.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

BitterTom wrote:
15 May 2019, 9:24am
It truly is. I really don't like doing it - but once it's done it can be quite satisfying.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
15 May 2019, 9:26am
BitterTom wrote:
It truly is. I really don't like doing it - but once it's done it can be quite satisfying.
I find that it’s fairly satisfying when your landlord pays someone else to do it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
The only satisfaction I get from it is having a few beers afterwards while I listen to a baseball game.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
15 May 2019, 10:28am
WestwayKid wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I find that it’s fairly satisfying when your landlord pays someone else to do it.
Renters of the World Unite
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Kory wrote:
15 May 2019, 4:02pm
Wolter wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Bah, last place we rented made sure we mowed it pretty much every week during the summer. Hated seeing their garden in a 'mess'

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

BitterTom wrote:
15 May 2019, 4:29pm
Kory wrote:
15 May 2019, 4:02pm
Wolter wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Bah, last place we rented made sure we mowed it pretty much every week during the summer. Hated seeing their garden in a 'mess'
I should point out we’re renting from my in-laws so it’s not too shabby.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"