Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
20 May 2019, 3:43pm
I like the fact that you did it and I hope he comes back.
Thanks, man. Even if it was one big scam—if so, well played, looking for someone up early in the morning and willing to open the door to a stranger at that time—I know my reasons were decent.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 3:56pm
101Walterton wrote:
Thanks, man. Even if it was one big scam—if so, well played, looking for someone up early in the morning and willing to open the door to a stranger at that time—I know my reasons were decent.
Was in my local cafe picking up takeaway coffee the other morning. Guy comes in and orders couple of coffees and hot chocolates I think. Goes to pay and realises he doesn’t have his wallet. He cancels the order apart from one coffee and says he will get coins out of his car as it is for his wife who is at home with the kids and will kill him if he doesn’t come home with her coffee. I told him I would pay for all the order as clearly he needed it. He was very grateful but even more surprised.
Made my day too and I got free coffee out of it next time I went in.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
For sure. I'd like to think I would do the same for someone, but I won't open my door to strangers (unless they are clearly selling Thin Mints). 98% of the time, they are serial killers. That's an empirically based statistic.

Good on you, though. Hopefully karma will pay your good deed back nicely.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
For sure. I'd like to think I would do the same for someone, but I won't open my door to strangers (unless they are clearly selling Thin Mints). 98% of the time, they are serial killers. That's an empirically based statistic.

I definitely agree that if someone comes to your door there is more chance of them being a serial killer than a thin mint seller!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Was in my local cafe picking up takeaway coffee the other morning. Guy comes in and orders couple of coffees and hot chocolates I think. Goes to pay and realises he doesn’t have his wallet. He cancels the order apart from one coffee and says he will get coins out of his car as it is for his wife who is at home with the kids and will kill him if he doesn’t come home with her coffee. I told him I would pay for all the order as clearly he needed it. He was very grateful but even more surprised.
You saved a marriage!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:31pm
101Walterton wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
You saved a marriage!
I saved another domestic violence statistic

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Most people who come to our door are looking to sign people up. If it's kids or animals, they're 90% of the way to grabbing me.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I wanna start one of those hobo handbooks where you know where to get free shit. Gas and tow in Saskatoon, and free coffee in Kiwi!

I'm usually good for a free cigarette! ;)
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:37pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Most people who come to our door are looking to sign people up. If it's kids or animals, they're 90% of the way to grabbing me.
I signed up with Amnesty Intl the other day at my door. I would have preferred something about animals but since I just got a promotion it seemed like a good time to pay it forward.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
20 May 2019, 6:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:37pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

I signed up with Amnesty Intl the other day at my door. I would have preferred something about animals but since I just got a promotion it seemed like a good time to pay it forward.
We're helping kids in the Middle East thru four different charities at this point. The Boss is in a tough spot. She hates answering the door, but she rolls her eyes at how I'll say yes to pretty much everything.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
20 May 2019, 5:39pm
I wanna start one of those hobo handbooks where you know where to get free shit. Gas and tow in Saskatoon, and free coffee in Kiwi!

I'm usually good for a free cigarette! ;)
Hobo code is wonderfully folksy yet vaguely conspiratorial.
http://www.openculture.com/2018/08/hobo ... ppers.html

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Meanwhile, in Hestonia:

Nigel Farage hit by milkshake
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Any update??
Not that it changes anything if he doesn’t (apart from your $40 obviously) I am hanging my hat on the hope he does.
This is the first time I have ever told Mrs Walterton any story that has come from this community.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
21 May 2019, 2:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Any update??
Not that it changes anything if he doesn’t (apart from your $40 obviously) I am hanging my hat on the hope he does.
This is the first time I have ever told Mrs Walterton any story that has come from this community.
Nope, nothing.

So Mrs101 has now been exposed to Canadian gullibility/skullduggery? I'm going to get scolded by the diplomatic corps for this one!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2019, 6:20am
101Walterton wrote:
21 May 2019, 2:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Any update??
Nope, nothing.

So Mrs101 has now been exposed to Canadian gullibility/skullduggery? I'm going to get scolded by the diplomatic corps for this one!
Nah she agreed with me and liked the fact that you took a punt and did it. The outcome not important.