Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 8:08am
Mimi wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 10:28pm
I didn't know where to pit this. https://www.artofmanliness.com/living/l ... r-created/

Elle oh elle fer shure
That prostate warmer sure would be nice during the winter months.
I see that I should have put this in the butt plug thread.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 10:03am
This doubtless reflects my ignorance of those huge cargo ships, but how does one of those things end up so close to a bridge support? They aren’t going that fast at that point, no? You steer for the middle, right? Given that these things don’t happen often, it must be kinda hard to do that.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 10:21am
revbob wrote:
This doubtless reflects my ignorance of those huge cargo ships, but how does one of those things end up so close to a bridge support? They aren’t going that fast at that point, no? You steer for the middle, right? Given that these things don’t happen often, it must be kinda hard to do that.
He was probably texting and oopsy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 10:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
He was probably texting and oopsy.
Placing a bet for Shohei.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I've seen longer clips where the power goes out on the ship a few times beforehand. Apparently fucked with the controls. I'm similarly ignorant, but that's the only additional insight I got.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

There are a couple of old lift bridges around me. Not sure if they are still operational, but I remember as a kid in the 70s seeing the bridges lift up to allow large boats to pass by. I had nightmares about them for years. I'd wake up from dreams where I was falling into the water a couple hundred feet down. My earliest dreams were about falling from the sky into freezing water. Horrible shit.
Shoot straight for once, you Army pukes. - Lt. Col. Andrew Tanner, USAF

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 10:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I've seen longer clips where the power goes out on the ship a few times beforehand. Apparently fucked with the controls. I'm similarly ignorant, but that's the only additional insight I got.
I've seen a similar video that appears to show the ship losing power at least two times, followed by the engine(s) restarting and black smoke coming from the smokestack as if they were trying to rev the engines to course correct.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 10:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Ah, okay, that would be a plausible explanation.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

They issued a Mayday call before hitting bridge.
https://www.npr.org/live-updates/baltim ... e-collapse

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

This provides a pretty good visual summary:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4-i7SorF0Q/?img_index=1

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

How does this get spun by the right? Wokeness on ships instead proper training? Big government interfering with the market forces that would have kept the power going? Pedophile ring on the ship? NATO whores seducing the crew? (Sorry, that last one is on the left.)

edit: Obvious omission: Chinese Communists and Muslim Muslims.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

I saw a video on youtube maybe 7 or 8 years ago that showed a guy who swam into the Niagara River a few miles away from me. His buddy had gone into the swirling currents to grab a piece of driftwood - they made furniture out of driftwood. I might have done the same thing myself. Anyway, the first guy struggled in the current, his friend dove in after him, and the undercurrent dragged them both down. Black guy and a white guy. They died together as friends. My best friends knew one of them. Still kinda shocked that youtube allowed the vid, but my lasting memory is of the second guy's white t-shirt disappearing under the waves as they both drowned, bystanders filming, scrambling for rope, but unable to do anything. I used to swim in the river, but I'll never go in the water again. :cry:
Shoot straight for once, you Army pukes. - Lt. Col. Andrew Tanner, USAF

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 12:05pm
How does this get spun by the right? Wokeness on ships instead proper training? Big government interfering with the market forces that would have kept the power going? Pedophile ring on the ship? NATO whores seducing the crew? (Sorry, that last one is on the left.)

I think we've got your answer Doc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/marjo ... 0aba&ei=15
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 2:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 12:05pm

I think we've got your answer Doc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/marjo ... 0aba&ei=15
Woke terrorists?...again ?