Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Mimi »

tepista wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 9:44am
State Farm
Yeah, those have gotten annoying.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Mimi wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 10:07am
tepista wrote:
State Farm
so the pizza girl and the butcher will steal from their jobs for Jake. I guess the sex is implied.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

tepista wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 10:20am
Mimi wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 10:07am
tepista wrote:
State Farm
so the pizza girl and the butcher will steal from their jobs for Jake. I guess the sex is implied.
Like a good pimp, State Farm is there.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 10:06am
revbob wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 9:39am
Mimi wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 9:24am
gkbill wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 11:32pm
Mimi wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 11:23pm
There aren't enough words to convey the hate I have for Liberty Mutual commercials.
Hello,

Agreed. They're second only to Peleton on my hate list.
Annoying and I hate the fact that they appeal to a very specific demographic -- rich people.
Doc isn't that bad.
:oops:

Does Doc own a Peleton?
Nah he just aspires to.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 11:08am
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
gkbill wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 11:32pm

Hello,

Agreed. They're second only to Peleton on my hate list.
Annoying and I hate the fact that they appeal to a very specific demographic -- rich people.
Doc isn't that bad.

Does Doc own a Peleton?
Nah he just aspires to.
:angry: We have a Bowflex … which is exactly like a Peloton except it doesn't come with a monitor (and is much cheaper than a Peloton). And we got it because the Boss was interested in a spin bike.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 11:23pm
There aren't enough words to convey the hate I have for Liberty Mutual commercials.
Amen to that. Doug & LiMu Emu give me a rash!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 11:52am
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Doc isn't that bad.

Does Doc own a Peleton?
Nah he just aspires to.
:angry: We have a Bowflex … which is exactly like a Peloton except it doesn't come with a monitor (and is much cheaper than a Peloton). And we got it because the Boss was interested in a spin bike.
Hello,

I'm waiting for the rumble between the Peleton gang and the Bowflex crew. There's going to be spilt Chai tea all over the place.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

gkbill wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 1:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:

Doc isn't that bad.

Does Doc own a Peleton?
Nah he just aspires to.
Hello,

I'm waiting for the rumble between the Peleton gang and the Bowflex crew. There going to spill Chai tea all over the place.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:

Doc isn't that bad.

Does Doc own a Peleton?
Nah he just aspires to.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

gkbill wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 1:19pm
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Does Doc own a Peleton?
Nah he just aspires to.
Hello,

I'm waiting for the rumble between the Peleton gang and the Bowflex crew. They're going to spill Chai tea all over the place.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:

Doc isn't that bad.

Does Doc own a Peleton?
Nah he just aspires to.
Hello,

I'm waiting for the rumble between the Peleton gang and the Bowflex crew. There's going to be spilt Chai tea all over the place.
I always kinda wanted a Bowflex gym, but neither of our houses have had a deep enough basement. Tho I'm also getting to be too old, I think, for that kinda stuff. :meh:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 1:50pm
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Does Doc own a Peleton?
Nah he just aspires to.
Hello,

I always kinda wanted a Bowflex gym, but neither of our houses have had a deep enough basement. Tho I'm also getting to be too old, I think, for that kinda stuff. :meh:
Hello,

Resistance training is important as we age. We lose muscle mass/lean tissue and this may bring functional as well as health problems. Lean tissue burns calories constantly and helps with a lot of other health concerns such as glucose tolerance and blood pressure. No one is suggesting you enter the Mr. Canada bodybuilding competition but retaining a decent amount of muscle mass would be healthy. Body weight exercises can do so but if a Bowflex would motivate you more, great!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 1:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Nah he just aspires to.
Hello,

Hello,

Resistance training is important as we age. We lose muscle mass/lean tissue and this may bring functional as well as health problems. Lean tissue burns calories constantly and helps with a lot of other health concerns such as glucose tolerance and blood pressure. No one is suggesting you enter the Mr. Canada bodybuilding competition but retaining a decent amount of muscle mass would be healthy. Body weight exercises can do so but if a Bowflex would motivate you more, great!
Oh yeah, of course. But I'm still rowing and biking 5/6 days a week, so it's not like I'm wholly ossifying. And I do have a basic bench and dumbbells that I can get back to. I suspect as much as anything I'm attracted to just having a complete package with lots of options. But, as I said, our basement isn't deep enough, so it's a moot point.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 3:06pm
gkbill wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 1:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

Oh yeah, of course. But I'm still rowing and biking 5/6 days a week, so it's not like I'm wholly ossifying. And I do have a basic bench and dumbbells that I can get back to. I suspect as much as anything I'm attracted to just having a complete package with lots of options. But, as I said, our basement isn't deep enough, so it's a moot point.
Exactly, it's a guy thing, lots of gadgets and gizmos make everything better!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Does Doc own a Peleton?
Nah he just aspires to.
Hello,