Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20929
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by matedog » 08 Feb 2019, 2:22pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:12pm
Just tried to show The Boss and the picture is gone. Thanks, Obama.
They changed the write up first. It had some 50 Shades reference and explicitly said "this home comes with a wonderful sex dungeon."
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 51300
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Wolter » 08 Feb 2019, 2:23pm

matedog wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:12pm
Just tried to show The Boss and the picture is gone. Thanks, Obama.
They changed the write up first. It had some 50 Shades reference and explicitly said "this home comes with a wonderful sex dungeon."
YIKES.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2322
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 08 Feb 2019, 2:33pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:12pm
Just tried to show The Boss and the picture is gone. Thanks, Obama.
Yeah, I was scrolling through and couldn't figure out what all the excitement was about... :mrgreen:

I did find their bear skin rugs offensive, however!
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Feb 2019, 3:04pm

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:12pm
Just tried to show The Boss and the picture is gone. Thanks, Obama.
Yeah, I was scrolling through and couldn't figure out what all the excitement was about... :mrgreen:

I did find their bear skin rugs offensive, however!
Ha! So did the Boss.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Feb 2019, 3:14pm

So, I was at the optometrist for a check-up and about a partial blur in my one eye. I only wear drugstore reading glasses, which only came to be needed a couple years ago. Which is to say, for 45+ years I had perfect vision. And now I have a goddamned cataract developing. It's a less common kind, but it's there (and my other eye is showing some evidence of the same). So I'll be visiting an opthamologist in the next couple months and surgery sometime this year. I fuckin' old. :sad:
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33255
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by tepista » 08 Feb 2019, 3:49pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:14pm
I have a goddamned cataract developing
Medulla drove up with a Brand New..........
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Feb 2019, 3:54pm

tepista wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:14pm
I have a goddamned cataract developing
Medulla drove up with a Brand New..........
Balls to you, big werewolf …
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40304
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Feb 2019, 4:40pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:14pm
So, I was at the optometrist for a check-up and about a partial blur in my one eye. I only wear drugstore reading glasses, which only came to be needed a couple years ago. Which is to say, for 45+ years I had perfect vision. And now I have a goddamned cataract developing. It's a less common kind, but it's there (and my other eye is showing some evidence of the same). So I'll be visiting an opthamologist in the next couple months and surgery sometime this year. I fuckin' old. :sad:
Sorry to hear that mate. Join the club.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Feb 2019, 5:06pm

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 4:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:14pm
So, I was at the optometrist for a check-up and about a partial blur in my one eye. I only wear drugstore reading glasses, which only came to be needed a couple years ago. Which is to say, for 45+ years I had perfect vision. And now I have a goddamned cataract developing. It's a less common kind, but it's there (and my other eye is showing some evidence of the same). So I'll be visiting an opthamologist in the next couple months and surgery sometime this year. I fuckin' old. :sad:
Sorry to hear that mate. Join the club.
I wanted to be old and crotchety, not old and decrepit.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 51300
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Wolter » 08 Feb 2019, 5:10pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 5:06pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 4:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:14pm
So, I was at the optometrist for a check-up and about a partial blur in my one eye. I only wear drugstore reading glasses, which only came to be needed a couple years ago. Which is to say, for 45+ years I had perfect vision. And now I have a goddamned cataract developing. It's a less common kind, but it's there (and my other eye is showing some evidence of the same). So I'll be visiting an opthamologist in the next couple months and surgery sometime this year. I fuckin' old. :sad:
Sorry to hear that mate. Join the club.
I wanted to be old and crotchety, not old and decrepit.
I’ve had glasses since I was 17 (and needed them for years before that), but occasionally needing reading glasses as well was a surprising shock over the last few months.

I’m also at the point where my hair loss is noticeable enough that I’m leaning into it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15431
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Rat Patrol » 08 Feb 2019, 5:10pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:12pm
Just tried to show The Boss and the picture is gone. Thanks, Obama.
The sellers forgot that they listed it on MULTIPLE realtor sites before it went viral: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... ch#photo30

Image
Image

:ugeek:
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17550
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by 101Walterton » 08 Feb 2019, 5:19pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 5:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:12pm
Just tried to show The Boss and the picture is gone. Thanks, Obama.
The sellers forgot that they listed it on MULTIPLE realtor sites before it went viral: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... ch#photo30

Image
Image

:ugeek:
$750,000!!!!! you are having a Turkish. Where the fuck is that downtown Mexico?

JoseUnidos
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1228
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 8:52am

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JoseUnidos » 08 Feb 2019, 5:22pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 5:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:12pm
Just tried to show The Boss and the picture is gone. Thanks, Obama.
The sellers forgot that they listed it on MULTIPLE realtor sites before it went viral: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... ch#photo30

Image
Image

:ugeek:
AH! Now I see what all the fuss is about. I thought maybe it was over the blobby bearskin rugs or the Jimmy Durante quote on the wall of the (other) exercise room.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://rjmiller.myportfolio.com

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Feb 2019, 5:29pm

Wolter wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 5:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 5:06pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 4:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:14pm
So, I was at the optometrist for a check-up and about a partial blur in my one eye. I only wear drugstore reading glasses, which only came to be needed a couple years ago. Which is to say, for 45+ years I had perfect vision. And now I have a goddamned cataract developing. It's a less common kind, but it's there (and my other eye is showing some evidence of the same). So I'll be visiting an opthamologist in the next couple months and surgery sometime this year. I fuckin' old. :sad:
Sorry to hear that mate. Join the club.
I wanted to be old and crotchety, not old and decrepit.
I’ve had glasses since I was 17 (and needed them for years before that), but occasionally needing reading glasses as well was a surprising shock over the last few months.

I’m also at the point where my hair loss is noticeable enough that I’m leaning into it.
*silent but knowing sympathy* It's a good thing the Xer mentality prepared me for an inevitable and miserable dotage.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Feb 2019, 5:30pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 5:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:12pm
Just tried to show The Boss and the picture is gone. Thanks, Obama.
The sellers forgot that they listed it on MULTIPLE realtor sites before it went viral: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... ch#photo30

https://ap.rdcpix.com/1432662145/15adb5 ... 70_q80.jpg
https://ap.rdcpix.com/366315621/15adb5a ... 70_q80.jpg

:ugeek:
You continue to do god's work, Ratty.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests