Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10530
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 9:14pm
revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 8:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 8:16pm
revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 6:48pm
How's this gonna go over ? Credit to them for banning the shit though.

NASCAR Bans Confederate Flag
http://click.nl.npr.org/?qs=8697fd2763c ... 81d76eb48a
Last week the Marines banned the stars and bars from its bases. Which mainly made me think, you were cool with the battle flag of secessionists before? For all the deep ugliness that has been released, there have been little symbolic victories along the way.
Yeah racist tattoos should be banned from the military and all forms of public service. I will also accept amputation.
Nothing makes me trust a cop more than a vomit of tattoos covering his arms. Yeah, I'm sure there's nothing racist lurking in the ink.
When I was a kid tattoos were only sported by people on the fringe of society like bikers and junkies. When I was in my 20s tattoos became de rigueur symbols of one's rebellious phase. Today, in my 40s, I see full sleeve tattoos an immediate cue that I might be dealing with a right wing goon. The celtic wrap tat around a bicep is as conformist as Johnny Unitas' haircut.

Image
Image

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 16038
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Silent Majority »

I feel like Pete Townshend when faced with the Sex Pistols. Yes, destroy us, please.

so don't complain about your useless employment
Jack it in forever tonight


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47225
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:14am
I feel like Pete Townshend when faced with the Sex Pistols. Yes, destroy us, please.

Or at least meet me in the Speakeasy so we can all share a pint together get pissed then crash out in a Soho doorway. Who Are You?
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 16038
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:19am
Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:14am
I feel like Pete Townshend when faced with the Sex Pistols. Yes, destroy us, please.

Or at least meet me in the Speakeasy so we can all share a pint together get pissed then crash out in a Soho doorway. Who Are You?
I would love to get wrecked in a pub. But I won't til at least after the 3rd spike.
so don't complain about your useless employment
Jack it in forever tonight


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90230
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:14am
I feel like Pete Townshend when faced with the Sex Pistols. Yes, destroy us, please.

Congratulations! You've survived long enough to be sneered at by the generation following you. Take comfort that their lives will be worse than yours and that, collectively, you'll blame them for it.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90230
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 11:51pm
The celtic wrap tat around a bicep is as conformist as Johnny Unitas' haircut.
Makes me think of Jello Biafra's line about metal fans: "No gym teacher could get so many kids to dress alike." True, but don't tell me that punk communities don't have a dress code.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 16038
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:22am
Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:14am
I feel like Pete Townshend when faced with the Sex Pistols. Yes, destroy us, please.

Congratulations! You've survived long enough to be sneered at by the generation following you. Take comfort that their lives will be worse than yours and that, collectively, you'll blame them for it.
I'm looking forward to watching my generation recede into cultural irrelevancy and being baffled by the new music and clothes.
so don't complain about your useless employment
Jack it in forever tonight


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13844
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:22am
Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:14am
I feel like Pete Townshend when faced with the Sex Pistols. Yes, destroy us, please.

Congratulations! You've survived long enough to be sneered at by the generation following you. Take comfort that their lives will be worse than yours and that, collectively, you'll blame them for it.
I'm looking forward to watching my generation recede into cultural irrelevancy and being baffled by the new music and clothes.
Its like a cup of hot cocoa by the fire on a cold winter day.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90230
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:22am
Silent Majority wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:14am
I feel like Pete Townshend when faced with the Sex Pistols. Yes, destroy us, please.

Congratulations! You've survived long enough to be sneered at by the generation following you. Take comfort that their lives will be worse than yours and that, collectively, you'll blame them for it.
I'm looking forward to watching my generation recede into cultural irrelevancy and being baffled by the new music and clothes.
You'll take comfort in all kinds of Best of 2005 compilations and rom-coms set in more innocent times like the global economic meltdown of 2008.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 19196
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:24am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 11:51pm
The celtic wrap tat around a bicep is as conformist as Johnny Unitas' haircut.
Makes me think of Jello Biafra's line about metal fans: "No gym teacher could get so many kids to dress alike." True, but don't tell me that punk communities don't have a dress code.
There was literally a Riot Grrrl uniform. Army cutoff shorts, fishnets, docs and tshirts.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90230
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 1:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:24am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 11:51pm
The celtic wrap tat around a bicep is as conformist as Johnny Unitas' haircut.
Makes me think of Jello Biafra's line about metal fans: "No gym teacher could get so many kids to dress alike." True, but don't tell me that punk communities don't have a dress code.
There was literally a Riot Grrrl uniform. Army cutoff shorts, fishnets, docs and tshirts.
Heh, yup. It just screamed, "Back off, rapist."
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53665
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 1:44pm
JennyB wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 1:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:24am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 11:51pm
The celtic wrap tat around a bicep is as conformist as Johnny Unitas' haircut.
Makes me think of Jello Biafra's line about metal fans: "No gym teacher could get so many kids to dress alike." True, but don't tell me that punk communities don't have a dress code.
There was literally a Riot Grrrl uniform. Army cutoff shorts, fishnets, docs and tshirts.
Heh, yup. It just screamed, "Back off, rapist."
In Jello’s defense he said a lot of similar things about punks too.

And that’s all the defense I’ll give.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 19196
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 1:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 1:44pm
JennyB wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 1:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:24am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 11:51pm
The celtic wrap tat around a bicep is as conformist as Johnny Unitas' haircut.
Makes me think of Jello Biafra's line about metal fans: "No gym teacher could get so many kids to dress alike." True, but don't tell me that punk communities don't have a dress code.
There was literally a Riot Grrrl uniform. Army cutoff shorts, fishnets, docs and tshirts.
Heh, yup. It just screamed, "Back off, rapist."
In Jello’s defense he said a lot of similar things about punks too.

And that’s all the defense I’ll give.
He did. It's basically what Chickenshit Conformist was all about.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90230
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 1:51pm
Wolter wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 1:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 1:44pm
JennyB wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 1:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 10:24am


Makes me think of Jello Biafra's line about metal fans: "No gym teacher could get so many kids to dress alike." True, but don't tell me that punk communities don't have a dress code.
There was literally a Riot Grrrl uniform. Army cutoff shorts, fishnets, docs and tshirts.
Heh, yup. It just screamed, "Back off, rapist."
In Jello’s defense he said a lot of similar things about punks too.

And that’s all the defense I’ll give.
He did. It's basically what Chickenshit Conformist was all about.
There was an interview from maybe ten years ago (maybe more?) where he said that speed metal was about all he found interesting in new music. I believe it was in response to a question about what current punk bands he liked.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6383
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Mimi »

Well, I had my first ever tick bite, which is weird considering I grew up playing in the woods. They gave me a single does of doxycycline, but after reading up on the single-does effectiveness, I'll just wait and see.

Post Reply