Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21973
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

Mimi wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:10pm
Well, I had my first ever tick bite, which is weird considering I grew up playing in the woods. They gave me a single does of doxycycline, but after reading up on the single-does effectiveness, I'll just wait and see.
Is the tick still in there?

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6383
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Mimi »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:16pm
Mimi wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:10pm
Well, I had my first ever tick bite, which is weird considering I grew up playing in the woods. They gave me a single does of doxycycline, but after reading up on the single-does effectiveness, I'll just wait and see.
Is the tick still in there?
No, they pulled it out. I can't tell what kind it is because it's so small.

oliver
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 776
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by oliver »

Nasty little things. Usually I'm all for the general eco-system but what purpose do ticks have?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13844
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

oliver wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:40pm
Nasty little things. Usually I'm all for the general eco-system but what purpose do ticks have?
Yeah and squirrels.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90230
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:45pm
oliver wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:40pm
Nasty little things. Usually I'm all for the general eco-system but what purpose do ticks have?
Yeah and squirrels.
Controlling the nut population, for one.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12427
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Kory »

oliver wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:40pm
Nasty little things. Usually I'm all for the general eco-system but what purpose do ticks have?
I'm sure they provide food for cooler animals up the food chain.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13844
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:53pm
oliver wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:40pm
Nasty little things. Usually I'm all for the general eco-system but what purpose do ticks have?
I'm sure they provide food for cooler animals up the food chain.
Killing moose
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... se/583189/

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 6383
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Mimi »

oliver wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:40pm
Nasty little things. Usually I'm all for the general eco-system but what purpose do ticks have?
Spreading disease is the only thing I can think of. Assholes.

oliver
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 776
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by oliver »

revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 5:02pm
Kory wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:53pm
oliver wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:40pm
Nasty little things. Usually I'm all for the general eco-system but what purpose do ticks have?
I'm sure they provide food for cooler animals up the food chain.
Killing moose
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... se/583189/
Well that was a thoroughly revolting read but it did take me down a parasitic rabbit hole where I found a tick that makes people allergic to meat and dairy ( https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20428608 ) so I guess I found one positive to them :)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90230
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

oliver wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 8:33am
it did take me down a parasitic rabbit hole where I found a tick that makes people allergic to meat and dairy ( https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20428608 ) so I guess I found one positive to them :)
How has PETA not promoted intentional tick bites?
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13844
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 9:37am
oliver wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 8:33am
it did take me down a parasitic rabbit hole where I found a tick that makes people allergic to meat and dairy ( https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20428608 ) so I guess I found one positive to them :)
How has PETA not promoted intentional tick bites?
You can pry my steak from my cold dead hands.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90230
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 10:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 9:37am
oliver wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 8:33am
it did take me down a parasitic rabbit hole where I found a tick that makes people allergic to meat and dairy ( https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20428608 ) so I guess I found one positive to them :)
How has PETA not promoted intentional tick bites?
You can pry my steak from my cold dead hands.
But what if they come up with a dumb idea to try to shame you? PETA wisely invested in a dumb idea machine and they can aim it your way, you know.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 19196
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 5:02pm
Kory wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:53pm
oliver wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:40pm
Nasty little things. Usually I'm all for the general eco-system but what purpose do ticks have?
I'm sure they provide food for cooler animals up the food chain.
Killing moose
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... se/583189/
That's a great EATB tune.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 47225
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 12:29pm
revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 5:02pm
Kory wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:53pm
oliver wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 4:40pm
Nasty little things. Usually I'm all for the general eco-system but what purpose do ticks have?
I'm sure they provide food for cooler animals up the food chain.
Killing moose
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... se/583189/
That's a great EATB tune.
:mrgreen:
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13844
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

IMG_20200621_200556.jpg

Post Reply