Star Wars

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Star Wars

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 7:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 7:49pm
We finished watching Obi-Wan Kenobi this evening. My takeaway from Revenge of the Sith was that Obi-Wan could have done a great deed with a mercy killing at the end, so he should feel great guilt for what he didn't do. Yeah, guess what asshead doesn't do when he gets another chance? Obi-Wan is the secret villain of Star Wars.
Right? Same fucking mistake twice. I want to say there's nobody but my own kids that I wouldn't cut down with a 2nd chance. But I also realize they need to shoe horn shit in to the established canon.
Everything about this series gets measured against what we know happens in New Hope, and none of it succeeds based on that standard. Continuity matters or it doesn't. They want us to think it does, but then make it impossible to accept. It's pothole filling work on a narrative that didn't require it.
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Another long weekend, another Star Wars marathon on a movie channel. I'm kinda sorta watching Rise of Skywalker for the first time since that miserable experience in the theatre when it came out. Nope, it's still fucking horrible. Easily the worst of any SW flick, out-awfulled only by the Holiday Special (which in its way demands more attention paid to what's happening). It's remarkable how Disney would wind up the saga with such an inane and disjointed piece of shit. A tell-all account of how they couldn't even deliver a mediocre final film would be satisfying to read.
"And so the sailor goes, 'I don’t know, but it’s driving me nuts!'” - Woodrow Wilson to David Lloyd George, Paris Peace Conference, 1 February 1919

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 7:28pm
No thanks.
I'm the all night drug prowling wolf
Who looks so sick in the sun

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/