Shamerd my assgerfed

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Shamerd my assgerfed

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 4:46pm
BitterTom wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 3:43pm
I thankfully know when to stop now before the next day is a hungover one. The headaches and nausea I can deal with, but the fucking anxiety is unbearable.
Yeah, the anxiety is what gets me more toward the end of the following day. I usually just have a couple shots.
Anxiety? From drinking? I don't think I've experienced that. I have plenty of other sources for it though so maybe that's why. Like Tom, I know when to stop (and usually do) before I run into hangover territory.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 4:55pm
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I thankfully know when to stop now before the next day is a hungover one. The headaches and nausea I can deal with, but the fucking anxiety is unbearable.
Yeah, the anxiety is what gets me more toward the end of the following day. I usually just have a couple shots.
Anxiety? From drinking? I don't think I've experienced that. I have plenty of other sources for it though so maybe that's why. Like Tom, I know when to stop (and usually do) before I run into hangover territory.
I was just reading an article that claimed that hangover anxiety is a prime motivator of alcoholism. The best cure for next-day anxiety is to drink some more to level it out, so it just perpetuates. I can see it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 4:58pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I was just reading an article that claimed that hangover anxiety is a prime motivator of alcoholism. The best cure for next-day anxiety is to drink some more to level it out, so it just perpetuates. I can see it.
So you're anxious about having a hangover? Or something else?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 5:05pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
It's generalized. A feeling of unease that's not necessarily tied to anything (though of course if it is, then it's even worse). But from what I understand it's a fairly common hangover effect. As I recall from the article I read, it has something to do with the increased dopamine from the drinking going back down to normal levels that creates the anxiety. It's like a mini-withdrawal.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 5:18pm
revbob wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 5:05pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:

It's generalized. A feeling of unease that's not necessarily tied to anything (though of course if it is, then it's even worse). But from what I understand it's a fairly common hangover effect. As I recall from the article I read, it has something to do with the increased dopamine from the drinking going back down to normal levels that creates the anxiety. It's like a mini-withdrawal.
Ok interesting. Like I said I am anxious about any number of things from one moment to the next. Not to blame my kids, but its my kids.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kaleb + GF at the gas station (no wonder he gets so many photos of ones that are burnt down!)

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
My physiology would never allow it. When I got a bad hangover, I could barely keep down water. More alcohol would be up in a heartbeat. My hangovers were spent sweating, regretting, and hoping for death's release. It's why I quit drinking altogether for several years and why I've done my best not to get seriously drunk since starting up again.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 8:10pm
Kory wrote:
My physiology would never allow it. When I got a bad hangover, I could barely keep down water. More alcohol would be up in a heartbeat. My hangovers were spent sweating, regretting, and hoping for death's release. It's why I quit drinking altogether for several years and why I've done my best not to get seriously drunk since starting up again.
Yeah this describes my experiences. Ive gone like a whole month of not drinking if I get a moderate to severe hangover.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 8:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2019, 8:10pm
Kory wrote:
Yeah this describes my experiences. Ive gone like a whole month of not drinking if I get a moderate to severe hangover.
One upside of making my own wine and building up a big supply is that I drink wine pretty much every night and have built up a good tolerance, so on nights out when I drink a bit more than I normally would, the effects aren't traumatic. But that fear of a hangover that will destroy an entire day never leaves.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Pretty sure I'm drinking tramp cider but it's bitter and sharp as hell, just how I like it. Bloody strong too, good job I'm off tomorrow. End of a shit week, things can only go on the up. That begins now, just got back off a long walk with dog, in the garden now with said cider. It's pretty much pitch black but cool and the breeze is just enough to be calming. Got Tighten Up Vol. 88 on the headphones, it's a nice evening.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 4:04pm
Pretty sure I'm drinking tramp cider but it's bitter and sharp as hell, just how I like it. Bloody strong too, good job I'm off tomorrow. End of a shit week, things can only go on the up. That begins now, just got back off a long walk with dog, in the garden now with said cider. It's pretty much pitch black but cool and the breeze is just enough to be calming. Got Tighten Up Vol. 88 on the headphones, it's a nice evening.
All told, that seems pretty decent (minus the job shit).

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 4:42pm
BitterTom wrote:
It's been one of the best nights in a while, just chilling out listening to good music and having a drink. To be relaxed these days comes very rarely.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 5:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
It's been one of the best nights in a while, just chilling out listening to good music and having a drink. To be relaxed these days comes very rarely.
I expect the baby is quiet when you have the headphones on 😂

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 5:35pm
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I expect the baby is quiet when you have the headphones on 😂
Thankfully she's asleep by 9, usually. Far too late for her age but at least I get to see her when I come in from work. Then it's chill out time. Up at 5 no doubt though!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Change drink to drinks and this was how I spent most of my summer. I really would lose my mind without music.