Hey Limeys...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Hey Limeys...

Post by Sparky »

ArmagideonTim wrote:
15 May 2022, 8:46am
Low Down Low wrote:
15 May 2022, 6:12am
New definition of optimism just landed...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lin ... e-61455387
That first picture makes it look like she's got the lynching she deserved.
Funny, I thought it the same thing. :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 May 2022, 2:31pm
Tenner an egg and they seem to be selling like, um, hot cakes. The old battleaxe would heartily approve.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

One of the follow up tweets:
I have had to mute this thread for my own sanity. If you wish to use the picture, please ask via DM. Unless you’re The Sun, The Mail or The Telegraph. In which case you can fuck right off.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I mean, strikes me young go getter Blair has a point here. Why bother heading to uni, racking up possibly huge lifelong debt in the process, when you can simply have stinking rich tax dodgers as parents who will buy you a £3m penthouse in central London when you come of age, just to give you the most gentle of shoves up the property ladder? I don't know what the fuck I was doing tbh.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Locust-Swarmed Queen Elizabeth Announces 1,000-Year Reign Of Chaos During Brimstone Jubilee
LONDON—Locusts swarming behind Buckingham Palace to blot out the sun as an infernal fanfare heralded her appearance, Queen Elizabeth II reportedly celebrated her Brimstone Jubilee this week with an announcement that one thousand years of chaos would reign upon the blighted earth. “Pestilence shall prevail upon these ruinous times! All shall rot, all shall rot, all shall rot, and the centuries hence will be of filth and madness!” said the fly-covered monarch in a statement inaugurating the Brimstone Jubilee, her eyes turning black to the horror of spectators as maggot-covered viscera unfurled from the palace balcony, rivers of scalding bile swept through the royal gardens, and foul-smelling flames spat up from cracks below to consume her fleeing subjects before the Queen reportedly turned to place her hands around the neck of nearby Meghan Markle and physically tear the shocked duchess’s head from her body. “For too long I have played the role of the doddering fool. But now I shall descend to my piss- and shit-covered throne to oversee the spread of a pestilence from which the idiot vassals in this Putrid Kingdom will never escape. In nomine dei infernalis. In nomine dei infernalis. In nomine dei infernalis.” At press time, the regent’s eyes had rolled back in her head as she emitted a piercing scream that caused the skulls of every nearby observer to simultaneously explode.
https://www.theonion.com/locust-swarmed ... 1849002777
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I've been watching the This is England series after liking the movie, and it's the first time in my life I've ever had problems understanding English accents (unlike my baffling friends and family who report an inability to even understand something like Downton Abbey). I'm reading it's supposed to take place somewhere in the Midlands but a lot of the accents sound really northern to my non-native ear. Are the Midlands known for impenetrable accents? I don't recall having this issue with the movie so I'm wondering if it's just bad sound mixing or something.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Kory wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 6:31pm
I've been watching the This is England series after liking the movie, and it's the first time in my life I've ever had problems understanding English accents (unlike my baffling friends and family who report an inability to even understand something like Downton Abbey). I'm reading it's supposed to take place somewhere in the Midlands but a lot of the accents sound really northern to my non-native ear. Are the Midlands known for impenetrable accents? I don't recall having this issue with the movie so I'm wondering if it's just bad sound mixing or something.
Not an expert on accents by any means but my memory of it is being a melange of lots of different accents, from scouse to mancunian to yorkshire and probably more. I'd imagine one or two of them could easily have been challenging enough alright.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Low Down Low wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 7:32pm
Kory wrote:
Not an expert on accents by any means but my memory of it is being a melange of lots of different accents, from scouse to mancunian to yorkshire and probably more. I'd imagine one or two of them could easily have been challenging enough alright.
Ah that makes more sense, thanks. I wasn't sure if they were all supposed to be from Nottingham or something.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Kory wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 3:22pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Kory wrote:
Ah that makes more sense, thanks. I wasn't sure if they were all supposed to be from Nottingham or something.
If you want to hear the most Nottingham accent ever, give Sleaford Mods a listen.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Kory wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Kory wrote:
I'm not even sure where it's supposed to be set tbh, somewhere midlands or further north? I guess it's not so important when you dig into it, it's England and the characters could be from any part of it, any town or village. That's the sense I get anyway. Combo is pretty thick scouse accent and is probably the trickiest, especially when he's picking on some poor unsuspecting immigrant and not so fussy about his ps and qs!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 4:44pm
Kory wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Kory wrote:
I'm not even sure where it's supposed to be set tbh, somewhere midlands or further north? I guess it's not so important when you dig into it, it's England and the characters could be from any part of it, any town or village. That's the sense I get anyway. Combo is pretty thick scouse accent and is probably the trickiest, especially when he's picking on some poor unsuspecting immigrant and not so fussy about his ps and qs!
Looking more into it, it's filmed in Nottingham, but there's some seaside shots so I guess it's probably supposed to be somewhere in Lincolnshire.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

oliver wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 3:51pm
Kory wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Kory wrote:
If you want to hear the most Nottingham accent ever, give Sleaford Mods a listen.
I can only listen, I really don't like looking at that guy.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Speaking of the Sleaford Mods, I caught a bit of their set at Glastonbury last night and have to say they're not the smoothest looking bunch alright. But I definitely don't dislike them, not sure I'd stay the distance for a whole set, but 15-20 minutes was pleasant enough. Great energy about them.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 6:18am
Speaking of the Sleaford Mods, I caught a bit of their set at Glastonbury last night and have to say they're not the smoothest looking bunch alright. But I definitely don't dislike them, not sure I'd stay the distance for a whole set, but 15-20 minutes was pleasant enough. Great energy about them.
I love their energy and they have some good tunes. But their constant use of profanity becomes too much at times.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia