SCIENCE!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: SCIENCE!

Post by Mimi »

Cool

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I love these kinds of stories about astronomical events with numbers and comparisons that are literally unfathomable to understand (sure, an explosion 100 times the size of the solar system?): https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... -witnessed
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Scientists Ambivalent About Breakthrough After Bringing Hitler Back To Life

STANFORD, CA—During the muted celebration that followed a successful experiment expected to revolutionize the field of bioengineering, scientists at Stanford University expressed ambivalence Friday about the breakthrough technology they used to bring Adolf Hitler back to life. “I’m proud of our team’s efforts and the unprecedented advancement we have made, but we acknowledge our work does raise valid concerns about the consequences of bringing Hitler back into the world,” said biogeneticist and project head Loren Anthony, explaining that the researchers had already been forced to weigh the value of their scientific progress against the things the genocidal dictator had shouted at them since his corpse had been reanimated and he had regained consciousness. “He’s been walking around our lab sieg-heiling and giving speeches that, even with my limited German, I know can’t be good. On the other hand, science and technology must move forward. As we speak, there are probably other scientists working to resurrect Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Leopold II, and Genghis Khan, so it’s only a matter of time. These things are inevitable.” At press time, the scientists were testifying before Congress and asking the government to regulate their research, saying they certainly had no ability to stop such work on their own.
https://www.theonion.com/scientists-amb ... 1850450938

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 6:23pm
Revbob shudders in fear...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/07/27/ ... newsletter
PETA readies a campaign celebrating tick bites.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Archaeologists discovered a 17th-century 'vampire child' with a padlocked ankle in a Polish 'necropolis' graveyard

https://www.businessinsider.com/archaeo ... 2023-8?amp

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 7:09am
Sweater? I barely knew her!
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ificial-bo
Guess I'm grateful to perspire, can't imagine being a stork.

"there are worse cooling strategies: storks defecate on their legs"
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Speaking of dinosaurs, this is pretty cool:

First tyrannosaur fossil discovered with its last meal perfectly preserved in its stomach

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/08/americas ... index.html

And some day, I hope scientists find my skeleton perfectly preserved with a belly full of Buffalo-style chicken wings.

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.