SCIENCE!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: SCIENCE!

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 1:49pm
WestwayKid wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 1:35pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 11:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 10:42am
Note to self: Look up in dictionary what “distant” means after killing Kimmelweck.
Seriously though, it can be mind-blowing to contemplate what Earth was like 75 million years ago. Imagine if Kory's time-machine malfunctioned, and instead of a Clash show, he dumped us all off somewhere in the Cretaceous with no way back. :scared:

And even more mind-blowing, this is what the menu looks like at the pizza place around the corner from me:

Snack (5 Wings) - $10.49
Single (10 Wings) - $15.99
Double (20 Wings) - $28.99
Triple (30 Wings) - $41.49
Box (50 Wings) - $63.99 :scared: :scared: :scared:

I remember in the 90s, local bars and restaurants would have "10-Cent Wing Night". I haven't ordered Buffalo wings in several years. :cry:
I was recently at a place in New Orleans that advertised 1,000 pieces of chicken for $999.99!
That … does not seem like an enticing price.
https://www.melbas.com/melbas-tulane-ave#our-menu
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 2:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 10:42am
Note to self: Look up in dictionary what “distant” means after killing Kimmelweck.
Seriously though, it can be mind-blowing to contemplate what Earth was like 75 million years ago. Imagine if Kory's time-machine malfunctioned, and instead of a Clash show, he dumped us all off somewhere in the Cretaceous with no way back. :scared:

And even more mind-blowing, this is what the menu looks like at the pizza place around the corner from me:

Snack (5 Wings) - $10.49

I remember in the 90s, local bars and restaurants would have "10-Cent Wing Night". I haven't ordered Buffalo wings in several years. :cry:
I was recently at a place in New Orleans that advertised 1,000 pieces of chicken for $999.99!
Europeans could make so many "fat Americans" jokes from that.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 3:04pm
WestwayKid wrote:
13 Dec 2023, 2:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

Snack (5 Wings) - $10.49

We ended up not ordering food. They sold these obnoxious "daiquiris" which I think were just cheap, sugary slushes with cheap alcohol and the line was clogged up with people ordering those. The food did look good, however.
Europeans could make so many "fat Americans" jokes from that.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

...The gas needs a place to escape, and usually, it’s through your rectum.

When you block a fart from escaping, some of the gas can pass through your gut wall and be reabsorbed into your bloodstream. From there, it can end up being exhaled through your lungs, coming out of your mouth via exhaling...
https://www.healthline.com/health/fart- ... t-possible

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 8:08pm

When you block a fart from escaping, some of the gas can pass through your gut wall and be reabsorbed into your bloodstream. From there, it can end up being exhaled through your lungs, coming out of your mouth via exhaling...
Not the same thing, but when I was a kid I had what I think now was a case of gastritis. For whatever reason, my mother never took me to a doctor and I did get over it after several days, but it amounted to a *lot* of belching and what emerged like rotten eggs. Just horrible to taste and smell. I can't imagine ass gas coming out that way being worse.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 8:15pm
revbob wrote:

Not the same thing, but when I was a kid I had what I think now was a case of gastritis. For whatever reason, my mother never took me to a doctor and I did get over it after several days, but it amounted to a *lot* of belching and what emerged like rotten eggs. Just horrible to taste and smell. I can't imagine ass gas coming out that way being worse.
omg, I had that happen to me too. I remembered it and looked it up the other day and found that it could have been a food intolerance.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 9:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

omg, I had that happen to me too. I remembered it and looked it up the other day and found that it could have been a food intolerance.
Wretched, huh? I can appreciate now why everyone in my family was basically shunning me, but as a kid it felt cruel

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 9:20pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Wretched, huh? I can appreciate now why everyone in my family was basically shunning me, but as a kid it felt cruel
But not unusual right?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 9:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 9:20pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
But not unusual right?
Even as sixth of six, it felt worse than usual.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

3 million smart toothbrushes cause millions in damage due to DDoS attack
https://www.notebookcheck.net/3-million ... 810.0.html

Why do toothbrushes need internet connectivity?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 9:46pm

Perhaps to tattle on little Johnny or Mary when they say they brushed but didn't? :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 9:46pm

Imitation crabmeat is a very specific setting that requires internet data.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Clerk at the pet store today was wearing this: