This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 35011
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by tepista »

not very good
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90286
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
30 May 2019, 12:11am
not very good
Last night? I thought it was okay. It was a set-up episode, so I judge it on that.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13909
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by revbob »

I forgot to watch. This is how Danger Island started for me too

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90286
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Renewed for another season, plus he's finally waking up from the coma.
https://screenrant.com/archer-renewed-season-11/
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 35011
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 11:54am
Renewed for another season, plus he's finally waking up from the coma.
https://screenrant.com/archer-renewed-season-11/
The one with the clones in the cave had us laughing, but overall I just wish they'd get back to reality. What they're doing with the characters is fun for one-offs, but not entire seasons, what is this the 3rd season of that now?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90286
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 12:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 11:54am
Renewed for another season, plus he's finally waking up from the coma.
https://screenrant.com/archer-renewed-season-11/
The one with the clones in the cave had us laughing, but overall I just wish they'd get back to reality. What they're doing with the characters is fun for one-offs, but not entire seasons, what is this the 3rd season of that now?
When I rewatched the last two seasons, the noir one and the South Pacific adventure one, they were better than on first viewing, but, yeah, the longer they stray from the core concept, the harder it is to stay invested in what's happening.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13909
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 12:05pm
tepista wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 12:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 11:54am
Renewed for another season, plus he's finally waking up from the coma.
https://screenrant.com/archer-renewed-season-11/
The one with the clones in the cave had us laughing, but overall I just wish they'd get back to reality. What they're doing with the characters is fun for one-offs, but not entire seasons, what is this the 3rd season of that now?
When I rewatched the last two seasons, the noir one and the South Pacific adventure one, they were better than on first viewing, but, yeah, the longer they stray from the core concept, the harder it is to stay invested in what's happening.
I never made it thru Danger Island. I thought the noir one was pretty good at the time and I haven't tried the new one quite yet.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 16048
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by Silent Majority »

Does this get better after season one?
so don't complain about your useless employment
Jack it in forever tonight


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 35011
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by tepista »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 3:12pm
Does this get better after season one?
once you get to know the characters, maybe. the first few seons are the same tone.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90286
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 3:15pm
Silent Majority wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 3:12pm
Does this get better after season one?
once you get to know the characters, maybe. the first few seons are the same tone.
Yeah, if the show hasn't grabbed you by at least season 2, it ain't gonna appeal.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 16048
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by Silent Majority »

Yeah, I'm into season 2 now and with the show for the long haul.
so don't complain about your useless employment
Jack it in forever tonight


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90286
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 3:53pm
Yeah, I'm into season 2 now and with the show for the long haul.
Glad to hear it. Once you come to love the characters, plot really does dissolve in favour of interactions.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13909
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by revbob »

I still haven't watched the last 2 seasons.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 90286
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 4:56pm
I still haven't watched the last 2 seasons.
Far from essential, but I thought they were still entertaining enough to justify watching.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13909
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 5:02pm
revbob wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 4:56pm
I still haven't watched the last 2 seasons.
Far from essential, but I thought they were still entertaining enough to justify watching.
I may have found the time to watch these.

Post Reply