Drummer joke

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Drummer joke

Post by Heston »

I once read an article on how to become a drummer, and it went something like this.....

1. Get a drum kit
2. That's it, you're a drummer.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

True story, I bought a new tap on Saturday. I asked the guy if he could recommend anyone to instal it for me and he thought about it for a while then said “a plumber”.
I beat him to death with the tap.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Grading term papers right now and a student argued that singers, because they don't play musical instruments, are considered lesser figures. I responded that singers aren't the second-class citizens of the music world; that would be drummers.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 11:14am
Grading term papers right now and a student argued that singers, because they don't play musical instruments, are considered lesser figures. I responded that singers aren't the second-class citizens of the music world; that would be drummers.
Also, their voice is an instrument! But, yes, you are right about drummers.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 11:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The singer is also the one who almost everyone stares at. It's not a bad position.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 11:27am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The singer is also the one who almost everyone stares at. It's not a bad position.
Singing is fucking hard. It's not like you know you'll hit the right note because your finger is depressing the string at the right point. I guess brass instruments are similar. When I listen to demos of shit that I record, I can always hear my voice bend to be in tune on the first note. I guess you can train yourself to not be that way, but it's not natural for me.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 11:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Singing is fucking hard. It's not like you know you'll hit the right note because your finger is depressing the string at the right point. I guess brass instruments are similar. When I listen to demos of shit that I record, I can always hear my voice bend to be in tune on the first note. I guess you can train yourself to not be that way, but it's not natural for me.
You have to achieve a Neil Young/Frank Sinatra bliss of turning your off-key croaking into a virtue.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 11:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You shouldn't bother trying to sing in tune if you can't. Just let what ever naturally comes out come out and work with that. Because this is how you sound.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Dec 2018, 7:37am
Because girls can't play drums?

I'm horrible
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
17 Dec 2018, 11:11am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm horrible
No because Ann Frank marched to the beat of her own drum.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Dec 2018, 11:34am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm horrible
Ba dum ching

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
17 Dec 2018, 2:24pm
Marky Dread wrote:
17 Dec 2018, 11:34am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm horrible
Ba dum ching
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal