FAO Kory

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12305
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 1:32pm
Kory wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 1:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 7:26pm
They're no more? I didn't know that. I was pretty positive to them after Kory suggested I listen.
I remember you being a little lukewarm initially, I'm glad you warmed up to them.
Yeah, enough that if they were still going I'd be checking out new records.
Perhaps, perhaps...
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13112
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: FAO Kory

Post by revbob »

Don't know if this is your cup of tea, Flex and I will be there in spirit.


Friday 07 December 2018
Angry Snowmans
The Funhouse, Seattle, WA,

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 29250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 2:41pm
Don't know if this is your cup of tea, Flex and I will be there in spirit.


Friday 07 December 2018
Angry Snowmans
The Funhouse, Seattle, WA,
KORY MUST GO
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12305
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Kory »

I dunno, the Funhouse is like the worst venue in town.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89385
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12305
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Kory »

Oooh this looks cool! But:
No one becomes a bass player willingly, I don't think. You get voted to be the bass player when the bass player that was chosen originally quits.
This is totally false for a select few.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89385
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 3:38pm
Oooh this looks cool! But:
No one becomes a bass player willingly, I don't think. You get voted to be the bass player when the bass player that was chosen originally quits.
This is totally false for a select few.
He's generalizing his own experience to rationalize how unlikeable he was/is.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12305
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 3:49pm
Kory wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 3:38pm
Oooh this looks cool! But:
No one becomes a bass player willingly, I don't think. You get voted to be the bass player when the bass player that was chosen originally quits.
This is totally false for a select few.
He's generalizing his own experience to rationalize how unlikeable he was/is.
I can't understand being a bassist of reasonable caliber and not caring about the instrument itself. So weird. Why is he so weird?
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89385
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 3:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 3:49pm
Kory wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 3:38pm
Oooh this looks cool! But:
No one becomes a bass player willingly, I don't think. You get voted to be the bass player when the bass player that was chosen originally quits.
This is totally false for a select few.
He's generalizing his own experience to rationalize how unlikeable he was/is.
I can't understand being a bassist of reasonable caliber and not caring about the instrument itself. So weird. Why is he so weird?
Ayn Rand fucked him up. Or fucked him up worse.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15881
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Silent Majority »

The bass is a great instrument, but if you only play rock music, you may well think it's shit.
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12305
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 5:35pm
The bass is a great instrument, but if you only play rock music, you may well think it's shit.
You may, but that's up to the player to make it not shit. There's all sorts of ways to make the bass matter in rock.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89385
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 6:40pm
Silent Majority wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 5:35pm
The bass is a great instrument, but if you only play rock music, you may well think it's shit.
You may, but that's up to the player to make it not shit. There's all sorts of ways to make the bass matter in rock.
Image
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15881
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 6:40pm
Silent Majority wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 5:35pm
The bass is a great instrument, but if you only play rock music, you may well think it's shit.
You may, but that's up to the player to make it not shit. There's all sorts of ways to make the bass matter in rock.
Sure. I doubt the guy from Rush has heard them.
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12305
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: FAO Kory

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 6:54pm
Kory wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 6:40pm
Silent Majority wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 5:35pm
The bass is a great instrument, but if you only play rock music, you may well think it's shit.
You may, but that's up to the player to make it not shit. There's all sorts of ways to make the bass matter in rock.
Sure. I doubt the guy from Rush has heard them.
I'm not the world's biggest Rush fan, but I'd say the bass matters more in that band than most rock bands.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21976
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: FAO Kory

Post by matedog »

Image
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Post Reply