What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob »

Hmm lots of ground to cover here...
Scallops are awesome. Like Kory said, are you sure it was the scallops that got you sick? Most things if cooked properly will be fine, I think more often than not its the salads that get people sick due to improper found handling.

Grilled cheese or toasties, I would never consider this a substitute for a proper meal, never eat it.

I try and avoid fast and franchise food for the past 20+ years, but did stop at a Nathan's Famous for a hot dog and fries recently off the NYS Thruway.

Dont want to eat bugs nor bananas but I will eat plantains.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

It was a pasta dish. It wad definitely the scallops. Though I guess it could have been the tomato sauce. Considering that the closest body of salt water is a state away, I'm betting on the scallops.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Bankrobber wrote:
20 May 2019, 5:14pm
It was a pasta dish. It wad definitely the scallops. Though I guess it could have been the tomato sauce. Considering that the closest body of salt water is a state away, I'm betting on the scallops.
I hear you but they probably just get them frozen. But they may have had them sitting out for too long...

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Worth the health kick in mind I'm cutting back on crap food and booze and this morning's breakfast is a nice bowl of muesli.

Sorry did I say nice? I meant fucking dull.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I’m traveling through Utah. I’ve had two burgers, two steaks, and a corned beef Rueben in the last 60 hours. My middle hurts.
Attachments
A2062D90-DBA2-4C90-883D-D470F4B08E2F.jpeg

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Bankrobber wrote:
I have a rule to never eat seafood at a non-seafood restaurant, and especially nowhere landlocked.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I haven't been much of a cereal eater for the last 20 years, but this looks....interesteng

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

tepista wrote:
21 May 2019, 2:44pm
I haven't been much of a cereal eater for the last 20 years, but this looks....interesteng

Certainly beats my muesli.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
21 May 2019, 2:44pm

"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
21 May 2019, 12:35pm
Bankrobber wrote:
I have a rule to never eat seafood at a non-seafood restaurant, and especially nowhere landlocked.
Reminds me of my pal Jay’s rule: never order pizza at a place who doesn’t specialize in pizza and never order anything but pizza from a place that does.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Wolter wrote:
21 May 2019, 3:29pm
Kory wrote:
21 May 2019, 12:35pm
Bankrobber wrote:
Reminds me of my pal Jay’s rule: never order pizza at a place who doesn’t specialize in pizza and never order anything but pizza from a place that does.
Sound advice.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Advice for Brits, don't get a Chinese takeaway from a 'Chinese' that also sells fish and chips, half a chicken or T bone steak.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
21 May 2019, 3:49pm
Advice for Brits, don't get a Chinese takeaway from a 'Chinese' that also sells fish and chips, half a chicken or T bone steak.
I remember when I was a kid that fish and chips shops were always closed on Mondays and was apparently because you couldn’t get fresh fish?? Don’t know if that was a true.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
21 May 2019, 4:00pm
BitterTom wrote:
21 May 2019, 3:49pm
I remember when I was a kid that fish and chips shops were always closed on Mondays and was apparently because you couldn’t get fresh fish?? Don’t know if that was a true.
Certainly sounds plausible if not probable.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

There are decent Thai restaurants here now but for a while the only one around here served both Thai and Italian food. I gave it a wide berth.