What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by BitterTom »

Kimmelweck wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 6:30pm
BitterTom wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 5:33pm
Roast beef sandwich tonight with cheese and picallicii. Spot on but feel the heartburn coming already.
That sounds great. I can't resist asking....what kind of bread? Roast beef on a kimmelweck roll, or “beef on ‘weck” (I’m obviously a big fan ;) ), is a local Buffalo, NY, specialty. The late night bar food of choice around these parts. Haven’t had one in a while but maybe I’ll have to run out for one this weekend. Best served au jus and with enough horseradish on it that your nose feels like it’s on fire.
Sad to say it was plain Jane white loaf. That beef roll looks fantastic! Totally with you on the condiment strong enough to burn the nose, though I love horseradish, I'd have to go for good old English mustard.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:51pm
though I love horseradish, I'd have to go for good old English mustard.
What's English mustard?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Roast beef sandwich tonight with cheese and picallicii. Spot on but feel the heartburn coming already.
That sounds great. I can't resist asking....what kind of bread? Roast beef on a kimmelweck roll, or “beef on ‘weck” (I’m obviously a big fan ;) ), is a local Buffalo, NY, specialty. The late night bar food of choice around these parts. Haven’t had one in a while but maybe I’ll have to run out for one this weekend. Best served au jus and with enough horseradish on it that your nose feels like it’s on fire.
Sad to say it was plain Jane white loaf. That beef roll looks fantastic! Totally with you on the condiment strong enough to burn the nose, though I love horseradish, I'd have to go for good old English mustard.
Yeah there's this local sandwich place run by an Englishman. I mainly went with coworkers. Id ask for roast beef with horseradish and he would offer English mustard in its place, no thanks. I'll have turkey instead Id say. This was a somewhat regular thing til I stopped going.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 5:01pm
BitterTom wrote:
What's English mustard?
Strong as fuck.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 5:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
What's English mustard?
Strong as fuck.
Smart arse! ;)
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 5:14pm
BitterTom wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Yeah there's this local sandwich place run by an Englishman. I mainly went with coworkers. Id ask for roast beef with horseradish and he would offer English mustard in its place, no thanks. I'll have turkey instead Id say. This was a somewhat regular thing til I stopped going.
English mustard or even horseradish mustard would be acceptable to me as well in a pinch, though I definitely prefer straight up horseradish on a roast beef sandwich if it's available. Something nice and spicy anyway. Enough horseradish just about gets me high. A dill pickle on the side wouldn’t hurt either.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Bit heavy on the carbs, but needed to empty some shit out the freezer. Splat of brown, naturally.
Attachments
20201124_203259.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 4:34pm
Bit heavy on the carbs, but needed to empty some shit out the freezer. Splat of brown, naturally.
I recognize beans...

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
What's English mustard?
Good stuff

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 1:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
What's English mustard?
Good stuff

The best, just having some in a ham sandwich now, overdone it slightly, nostrils burning nicely.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Ok cooks, what's a good size for a ditch oven ? Don't want one too small nor too big.

Any advice?

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 12:28pm
Ok cooks, what's a good size for a ditch oven ? Don't want one too small nor too big.

Any advice?
Le Creuset is expensive as hell but its one of those once per lifetime purchases. The 2.75 quart is the perfect size for most roasts. I do chicken, lamb and beef roasts, and make a killer risotto with it,

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/le-c ... D=11683241

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Big old pork chops with mash for tea. Cooked slightly slower so the meat was falling off the bone, whacked the oven up at the end though for that delicious crackling.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 4:35pm
Big old pork chops with mash for tea. Cooked slightly slower so the meat was falling off the bone, whacked the oven up at the end though for that delicious crackling.
I love pork chops, it's been a while.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 7:06pm
BitterTom wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 4:35pm
I love pork chops, it's been a while.
Are pork chops expensive over there? You can usually get them pretty cheap here. There's a brew pub in DC that does a great pork chop that I love going to.

"10 oz. grilled, bone-in pork chop. Served with tangy amber mustard sauce, smashed potatoes, and veggies."