What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Sparky »

Wife is making stew in the crockpot, started it around 7 am this morning, whole house is filled with the delicious aroma. Going to have my dad over for dinner later this afternoon, trying not to snack now so I can gorge myself later.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 4:34pm
Wife is making stew in the crockpot, started it around 7 am this morning, whole house is filled with the delicious aroma. Going to have my dad over for dinner later this afternoon, trying not to snack now so I can gorge myself later.
I was planning to grill a couple of steaks tonight but its so fucking windy it would be impossible. Now I wish I had a beef stew going instead.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 4:43pm
Sparky wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 4:34pm
I was planning to grill a couple of steaks tonight but its so fucking windy it would be impossible. Now I wish I had a beef stew going instead.
It's pretty breezy here today and a bit on the cool side (by our standards / 64 F) so the stew just sounds like some good old fashioned comfort food. Wife just told me she's making corn bread to go with it. Can't wait for my hamstring to heal, gotta get some running in again in order to offset all the leftovers we're going to have from this.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Lemon curd sandwiches.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Last night I bought two burritos for my son and I from the brew pub down the way. They bring in local food trucks every friday so I figured I'd support a local small business. The burritos were awful and the side of rice despite having a nice color was flavorless and a bit under cooked and crunchy. Poorly cooked rice is a deal breaker for me. This is the 2nd time in like 6 months Ive gotten bad rice from a local eatery. Honestly its one of the easiest things to cook.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 3:56pm
Last night I bought two burritos for my son and I from the brew pub down the way. They bring in local food trucks every friday so I figured I'd support a local small business. The burritos were awful and the side of rice despite having a nice color was flavorless and a bit under cooked and crunchy. Poorly cooked rice is a deal breaker for me. This is the 2nd time in like 6 months Ive gotten bad rice from a local eatery. Honestly its one of the easiest things to cook.
Shame about the burritos, hope the beer was more adequate!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 1:21pm
revbob wrote:
Shame about the burritos, hope the beer was more adequate!
Beer was excellent, as expected. I thought my firend was tending bar but she wasn't. So I had a few beers anyway etc, getting the burritos seemed like a good idea since I was hanging out instead of making dinner.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 8:24am
Lemon curd sandwiches.
Splat of brown?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 12:41pm
BitterTom wrote:
Lemon curd sandwiches.
Splat of brown?
Just best butter with the curd.

Having jacket potato with beans tonight though so there will be some splat attack.

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 1:04pm
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Lemon curd sandwiches.
Splat of brown?

Having jacket potato with beans tonight though so there will be some splat attack.
Good old homemade spagbol for me tonight.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 1:35pm
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Lemon curd sandwiches.
Splat of brown?

Meatghetti and spagballs
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Lemon curd sandwiches.
Splat of brown?

Can't argue with that, top meal, any stinky feet shavings on top? That takes it to the next level.

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 2:56pm
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Lemon curd sandwiches.
Splat of brown?

Can't argue with that, top meal, any stinky feet shavings on top? That takes it to the next level.
Yes, and a Frenck stick baguette smeared in garlic butter and cooked in the oven.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
In the late 90s/early 2000s I was working for a week in Williamsport, PA, and 4 of us decided that for dinner we’d check out this small Mexican restaurant in town. We got there, and we were the only customers in the place. As we sat down, an adorable 6-year-old girl comes out from the kitchen with a little pad of paper. Her parents ran the place, and they had sent her out to take our order. We thought it was cute as hell. So first, she takes our drink orders. I forget what everyone else ordered, but my buddy Ryan asked for a Mountain Dew. So the little girl says (word for word, I’ll never forget it) “There was a guy in here earlier, and he didn’t finish his Mountain Dew. If you want, I can give you that for a reduced price.” We all looked at each other, dumbfounded, and then at Ryan. A bit confused, he stammers “Uh….no thanks….I’ll pay full price for a new one.” Ok, fine, she says with a note of disappointment, and then she goes back to the kitchen to get our drinks. We just about died laughing at the look on poor Ryan’s face. But she was 6, so whatever. Little did we know….

She comes back a few minutes later to take our meal order, which took like 10 minutes for her to write down….but again, she was 6, so whatever. So she finally brings out our meal order – basically a bunch of burritos, rice, tortilla chips, etc. Standard stuff. It….wasn’t great. The little girl comes back a few minutes later to see how everything is and asks if we wanted anything else. Ryan asks for some guacamole and salsa. She brings out a plate with little bowls of guac and salsa, with broken tortilla chips and dip-marks in them – they had obviously been served to a previous customer and were just taken from another table. With blank faces, we took one long look at it, then at each other, and at this point, about a third of the way through our meal, we collectively realize that everything we are eating is basically just combined leftovers from various previous customers. Fucking disgusting, lol. So we asked for the check and this little girl asks us if we want the leftovers wrapped up to go. Wide-eyed, :scared: , we uttered a collective “Uh….no….thanks”. Her little face lit up, and practically skipping she took the leftovers back to the kitchen, undoubtedly to be served again to the next customer. So if you’re ever in Williamsport, PA….uh.…I would recommend that you opt for the Italian restaurant.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kimmelweck wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 5:31pm
revbob wrote:
In the late 90s/early 2000s I was working for a week in Williamsport, PA, and 4 of us decided that for dinner we’d check out this small Mexican restaurant in town. We got there, and we were the only customers in the place. As we sat down, an adorable 6-year-old girl comes out from the kitchen with a little pad of paper. Her parents ran the place, and they had sent her out to take our order. We thought it was cute as hell. So first, she takes our drink orders. I forget what everyone else ordered, but my buddy Ryan asked for a Mountain Dew. So the little girl says (word for word, I’ll never forget it) “There was a guy in here earlier, and he didn’t finish his Mountain Dew. If you want, I can give you that for a reduced price.” We all looked at each other, dumbfounded, and then at Ryan. A bit confused, he stammers “Uh….no thanks….I’ll pay full price for a new one.” Ok, fine, she says with a note of disappointment, and then she goes back to the kitchen to get our drinks. We just about died laughing at the look on poor Ryan’s face. But she was 6, so whatever. Little did we know….

She comes back a few minutes later to take our meal order, which took like 10 minutes for her to write down….but again, she was 6, so whatever. So she finally brings out our meal order – basically a bunch of burritos, rice, tortilla chips, etc. Standard stuff. It….wasn’t great. The little girl comes back a few minutes later to see how everything is and asks if we wanted anything else. Ryan asks for some guacamole and salsa. She brings out a plate with little bowls of guac and salsa, with broken tortilla chips and dip-marks in them – they had obviously been served to a previous customer and were just taken from another table. With blank faces, we took one long look at it, then at each other, and at this point, about a third of the way through our meal, we collectively realize that everything we are eating is basically just combined leftovers from various previous customers. Fucking disgusting, lol. So we asked for the check and this little girl asks us if we want the leftovers wrapped up to go. Wide-eyed, :scared: , we uttered a collective “Uh….no….thanks”. Her little face lit up, and practically skipping she took the leftovers back to the kitchen, undoubtedly to be served again to the next customer. So if you’re ever in Williamsport, PA….uh.…I would recommend that you opt for the Italian restaurant.
Haha! Gross!