What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob »

20230114_171517.jpg
20230114_175433.jpg

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 7:34pm
20230114_171517.jpg20230114_175433.jpg
Looks delicious, salivating just thinking about the aroma.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Screenshot_20230117_102302.jpg

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 11:23am
haha, I was just expressing my dislike of gourmet burgers out loud very recently
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

tepista wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 11:56am
revbob wrote:
haha, I was just expressing my dislike of gourmet burgers out loud very recently
Yes, gourmet burgers suck & whoever started that concept should be flogged.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 12:19pm
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
Why are they so fucking tall? They're not even edible in that format.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 3:05pm
WestwayKid wrote:
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
That's my chief (really, only) objection. There's a gourmet burger place that we go to because it's really fucking good, but the size leads to messiness and sadness.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 3:07pm
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
That's my chief (really, only) objection. There's a gourmet burger place that we go to because it's really fucking good, but the size leads to messiness and sadness.
They also need to have giant globs of aioli which can fuck right off.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 3:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
tepista wrote:

They also need to have giant globs of aioli which can fuck right off.
The best aspect of gourmet burger places is being able to order stuff like banana peppers as toppings.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

My issues with burgers is that the beef is so processed and minimal that it really doesn't add much. I've basically given up beef for environmental reasons, but I do make an exception maybe once a year for a fine cut of beef. Not gonna waste that shit on a burger when a turk burg pretty much tastes the same.

That being said, gourmet burgers can be made where the beef actually contributes to the overall flavor, so I'm cool with gourmet.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 4:38pm
My issues with burgers is that the beef is so processed and minimal that it really doesn't add much. I've basically given up beef for environmental reasons, but I do make an exception maybe once a year for a fine cut of beef. Not gonna waste that shit on a burger when a turk burg pretty much tastes the same.

That being said, gourmet burgers can be made where the beef actually contributes to the overall flavor, so I'm cool with gourmet.
The place we go to offers an elk meat option, which is really good. Not that I eat meat anymore. But still, back in the day it was good.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 5:14pm
matedog wrote:

The place we go to offers an elk meat option, which is really good. Not that I eat meat anymore. But still, back in the day it was good.
My college town had a burger joint called "Murder Burger*" that had ostrich burgers which were tasty. Also, I didn't know you were a vegetarian.

*the town made them change the name to Redrum Burger. Less fun, but still pretty good.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 5:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 5:14pm
matedog wrote:

My college town had a burger joint called "Murder Burger*" that had ostrich burgers which were tasty. Also, I didn't know you were a vegetarian.

*the town made them change the name to Redrum Burger. Less fun, but still pretty good.
I think I've had ostrich before. The best beef I've ever had is from my sister-in-law's farm—all organic. Incredibly lean and flavourful. The Boss and I would buy, like, a quarter cow and fill the freezer for a year.

(Quit meat maybe two, three years ago. Ethical reasons—it was a notable gap in my anti-violence beliefs. Really don't miss meat, either. But I've got no beef—ho ho—with people who eat meat. We all make our own choices.)

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
Tangentially related, but reminds me of the time i went to Katzs in NYC and had one of their "world famous" pastrami sandwiches that was so absurdly overpacked, there was more of the stuff strewn around the plate/table/floor than managed to find its way into my gob. A profoundly unsatisfying culinary experience.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I don’t understand burgers that you can’t cleanly pick up and eat with your hand. I could care less about the ethics (humanity is doomed) but I’ve cut out most red meat and pork for health reason. Turkey burgers are often moister and more flavorful anyway.