What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by oliver »

WestwayKid wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 1:28pm
We eat Beyond Burgers on a regular basis (had them last night, in fact).
Same here... that number shot up though when Kroger had them on sale for $2.99 and it could be combined with the $1 off coupon Beyond always has online and $1 back from Ibotta.

https://www.beyondmeat.com/coupons/download/
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

oliver wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 1:54pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Same here... that number shot up though when Kroger had them on sale for $2.99 and it could be combined with the $1 off coupon Beyond always has online and $1 back from Ibotta.

I will definitely be using this!! We stocked up on a bunch of their products last weekend as they were on sale at a local grocery store. I think the Beyond Burger tastes better than the Impossible. Their brats are also really good. We took a chance on the Lightlife brand last weekend and they were not good.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 2:11pm
oliver wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 1:54pm
WestwayKid wrote:

I will definitely be using this!! We stocked up on a bunch of their products last weekend as they were on sale at a local grocery store. I think the Beyond Burger tastes better than the Impossible. Their brats are also really good. We took a chance on the Lightlife brand last weekend and they were not good.
I haven't been able to find the brats up here, but I'm very much intrigued. If you've never had them, the Gardein black bean burgers are excellent. All in all, I prefer them to Beyond. They don't mimic meat in any way, but they have more flavour and less fat (a bit more sodium, tho).
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

What is the story with In And Out Burgers?
Good, bad, what to try???
They are opening a pop up store in Auckland tomorrow to test the market. I know 25.25W and his mates all going.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

101Walterton wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 2:38pm
They are opening a pop up store in Auckland tomorrow to test the market. I know 25.25W and his mates all going.
Like any regional burger place, only the people from the region actually like it, and they never shut the fuck up about it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 3:45pm
101Walterton wrote:
Like any regional burger place, only the people from the region actually like it, and they never shut the fuck up about it.
Pretty much this.

That being said, it is a very solid burger at a great price. They pay their employees well above minimum wage but are a bit bible thumper-y. Some people abhor their fries, but I think they are good.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 4:15pm
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Pretty much this.

That being said, it is a very solid burger at a great price. They pay their employees well above minimum wage but are a bit bible thumper-y. Some people abhor their fries, but I think they are good.
Yeah, they're fine burgers, nothing gross or anything. But don't listen to anyone that tells you it's the greatest burger in the world.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 4:20pm
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Pretty much this.

Yeah, they're fine burgers, nothing gross or anything. But don't listen to anyone that tells you it's the greatest burger in the world.
Yeah a step above the bottom fast food tier. There's almost always a local place that will do you better and have the option of pairing it with a beer

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 6:00pm
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Pretty much this.

Yeah a step above the bottom fast food tier. There's almost always a local place that will do you better and have the option of pairing it with a beer
I like it far more than Shake Shack. My heart seizes with White Castle though.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 10:59pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:

Pretty much this.

Shake Shack while not a local place does serve adult beverages.

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 11:14pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 10:59pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:

Pretty much this.

Shake Shack while not a local place does serve adult beverages.
Please, I'm no doubt shithammed when I walk in any of these places. I don't need a beer, I need a coke or a shake.

BostonBeaneater

I'm learning Spanish specifically to learn how to make mole.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 11:21pm
Please, I'm no doubt shithammed when I walk in any of these places. I don't need a beer, I need a coke or a shake.
You and I go into these places under very different circumstances.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Pretty much this.

I do find it funny when people use their burger joints as proxy wars for east coast vs. west coast or some other bullshit. When Five Guys came to California, all my dumbass CA friends got all up in arms proclaiming how much better In N Out is than Five Guys. It probably is, but they way overdid it as some sort of local pride.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 11:49am
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Pretty much this.

I do find it funny when people use their burger joints as proxy wars for east coast vs. west coast or some other bullshit. When Five Guys came to California, all my dumbass CA friends got all up in arms proclaiming how much better In N Out is than Five Guys. It probably is, but they way overdid it as some sort of local pride.
I'll always be mystified by how invested people get with brand loyalties. It's a preference, often on the most minor superficialities, yet too many people treat it like the wars of the Reformation.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft