What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob »

Pot noodles to the rescue!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 5:56pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT3eEPLIrGH ... =copy_link
Two weeks later on IMCT, Heston announces he's eating his sink. Nobody wonders what the hell he's going on about.
That is what the elves call the justice of the unicorn. - Richard Nixon to Nikita Khrushchev, Kitchen Debate, Moscow, 1959

Sparky
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:

I wonder how strong the sink patch is? Wouldn't be too worried about he cosmetic bumper fix, but a sink?
Twenty push-ups this morning, that was half my goal
Tonight I'll be doin' pull-ups on the toilet bowl

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:

Those aren't Pot Noodles, they're Supernoodles.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kimmelweck
Long Time Jerk

Post by Kimmelweck »

Just went out to the garden in the dark and picked these up off the ground by flashlight. Cape gooseberries, a type of ground cherry. Citrus taste, with maybe a hint of pineapple. Fantastic.

CapeGooseberries1.jpg
CapeGooseberries1.jpg (160.63 KiB) Viewed 930 times
Jackrabbits. I love them…big ears and big back feet. Jackrabbits man…they’re happenin’. – Mick Jones

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Ate a bowl of Rice Chex for breakfast this morning. Holy hell. It made me high as a kite. It was like I had two cups of tea or something. It took over an hour to come off that sugar high and now I'm ready for a nap. Won't be eating that shit again.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 10:57am
Ate a bowl of Rice Chex for breakfast this morning. Holy hell. It made me high as a kite. It was like I had two cups of tea or something. It took over an hour to come off that sugar high and now I'm ready for a nap. Won't be eating that shit again.
I think Im largely immune to the effects of sugar and caffeine at this point.

Sparky
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
So I guess this means the Capn' Crunch with Crunch Berries is out of the question? :mrgreen:
Used to love that junk as a kid, can't eat it anymore. I actually wasn't aware of the sugar content of Rice Chex, so now I'm going to have to remember to take a better look at the cereal labels the next time I shop.
Twenty push-ups this morning, that was half my goal
Tonight I'll be doin' pull-ups on the toilet bowl

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 4:55pm
Mimi wrote:
So I guess this means the Capn' Crunch with Crunch Berries is out of the question? :mrgreen:
Used to love that junk as a kid, can't eat it anymore. I actually wasn't aware of the sugar content of Rice Chex, so now I'm going to have to remember to take a better look at the cereal labels the next time I shop.
It might have just been that my blood sugar was really low this morning and the rice caused a spike. There's not much sugar in them, definitely not like capn crunch.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Mimi wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 5:54pm
Sparky wrote:
Mimi wrote:
It might have just been that my blood sugar was really low this morning and the rice caused a spike. There's not much sugar in them, definitely not like capn crunch.
Sugar makes me feel pretty shitty these days. Small amounts, like a tiny dessert, are ok but any kind of sugar bomb just gives be very brief satisfaction followed by a headache and fatigue.

BostonBeaneater

Kimmelweck wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 11:05pm
Just went out to the garden in the dark and picked these up off the ground by flashlight. Cape gooseberries, a type of ground cherry. Citrus taste, with maybe a hint of pineapple. Fantastic.

CapeGooseberries1.jpg
Those are good. I think their season is very short.

Kimmelweck
Long Time Jerk

Post by Kimmelweck »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 10:12pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 11:05pm

CapeGooseberries1.jpg
Those are good. I think their season is very short.
Yeah maybe 6 weeks. A little more if I’m lucky. I wanted to plant something sweet in the garden so I went with these. Was considering making gooseberry wine but they weren’t as productive this year as in past years. I know they grow wild in some places in the northeast.
Jackrabbits. I love them…big ears and big back feet. Jackrabbits man…they’re happenin’. – Mick Jones

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 10:10pm
Mimi wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 5:54pm
Sparky wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Sugar makes me feel pretty shitty these days. Small amounts, like a tiny dessert, are ok but any kind of sugar bomb just gives be very brief satisfaction followed by a headache and fatigue.
I'm learning this too as I get older. What a drag it is getting old.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Corned beef hash again. Grated potato, onion and crumbled corned beef, bake in the oven till... coooked. Finish with cheap lagee.
Attachments
IMG-20211005-WA0007.jpeg

BostonBeaneater

BitterTom wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 4:12pm
Corned beef hash again. Grated potato, onion and crumbled corned beef, bake in the oven till... coooked. Finish with cheap lagee.
I like this but I'd like mine crispier.