What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Flex »

Kimmelweck wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 5:31pm
In the late 90s/early 2000s I was working for a week in Williamsport, PA, and 4 of us decided that for dinner we’d check out this small Mexican restaurant in town. We got there, and we were the only customers in the place. As we sat down, an adorable 6-year-old girl comes out from the kitchen with a little pad of paper. Her parents ran the place, and they had sent her out to take our order. We thought it was cute as hell. So first, she takes our drink orders. I forget what everyone else ordered, but my buddy Ryan asked for a Mountain Dew. So the little girl says (word for word, I’ll never forget it) “There was a guy in here earlier, and he didn’t finish his Mountain Dew. If you want, I can give you that for a reduced price.” We all looked at each other, dumbfounded, and then at Ryan. A bit confused, he stammers “Uh….no thanks….I’ll pay full price for a new one.” Ok, fine, she says with a note of disappointment, and then she goes back to the kitchen to get our drinks. We just about died laughing at the look on poor Ryan’s face. But she was 6, so whatever. Little did we know….

She comes back a few minutes later to take our meal order, which took like 10 minutes for her to write down….but again, she was 6, so whatever. So she finally brings out our meal order – basically a bunch of burritos, rice, tortilla chips, etc. Standard stuff. It….wasn’t great. The little girl comes back a few minutes later to see how everything is and asks if we wanted anything else. Ryan asks for some guacamole and salsa. She brings out a plate with little bowls of guac and salsa, with broken tortilla chips and dip-marks in them – they had obviously been served to a previous customer and were just taken from another table. With blank faces, we took one long look at it, then at each other, and at this point, about a third of the way through our meal, we collectively realize that everything we are eating is basically just combined leftovers from various previous customers. Fucking disgusting, lol. So we asked for the check and this little girl asks us if we want the leftovers wrapped up to go. Wide-eyed, :scared: , we uttered a collective “Uh….no….thanks”. Her little face lit up, and practically skipping she took the leftovers back to the kitchen, undoubtedly to be served again to the next customer. So if you’re ever in Williamsport, PA….uh.…I would recommend that you opt for the Italian restaurant.
lmao, that's a real commitment to zero waste.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
In the late 90s/early 2000s I was working for a week in Williamsport, PA, and 4 of us decided that for dinner we’d check out this small Mexican restaurant in town. We got there, and we were the only customers in the place. As we sat down, an adorable 6-year-old girl comes out from the kitchen with a little pad of paper. Her parents ran the place, and they had sent her out to take our order. We thought it was cute as hell. So first, she takes our drink orders. I forget what everyone else ordered, but my buddy Ryan asked for a Mountain Dew. So the little girl says (word for word, I’ll never forget it) “There was a guy in here earlier, and he didn’t finish his Mountain Dew. If you want, I can give you that for a reduced price.” We all looked at each other, dumbfounded, and then at Ryan. A bit confused, he stammers “Uh….no thanks….I’ll pay full price for a new one.” Ok, fine, she says with a note of disappointment, and then she goes back to the kitchen to get our drinks. We just about died laughing at the look on poor Ryan’s face. But she was 6, so whatever. Little did we know….

She comes back a few minutes later to take our meal order, which took like 10 minutes for her to write down….but again, she was 6, so whatever. So she finally brings out our meal order – basically a bunch of burritos, rice, tortilla chips, etc. Standard stuff. It….wasn’t great. The little girl comes back a few minutes later to see how everything is and asks if we wanted anything else. Ryan asks for some guacamole and salsa. She brings out a plate with little bowls of guac and salsa, with broken tortilla chips and dip-marks in them – they had obviously been served to a previous customer and were just taken from another table. With blank faces, we took one long look at it, then at each other, and at this point, about a third of the way through our meal, we collectively realize that everything we are eating is basically just combined leftovers from various previous customers. Fucking disgusting, lol. So we asked for the check and this little girl asks us if we want the leftovers wrapped up to go. Wide-eyed, :scared: , we uttered a collective “Uh….no….thanks”. Her little face lit up, and practically skipping she took the leftovers back to the kitchen, undoubtedly to be served again to the next customer. So if you’re ever in Williamsport, PA….uh.…I would recommend that you opt for the Italian restaurant.
So you think you're fuckin' royalty is what I'm reading. :rolleyes:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kimmelweck wrote:

Have you seen the movie "The Platform"?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

and also, did he get the Mountain Dew? and were the beans re-re-refried beans?

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

tepista wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 5:53pm
Have you seen the movie "The Platform"?
tepista wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 5:55pm
and also, did he get the Mountain Dew? and were the beans re-re-refried beans?
No, yes, and almost certainly. At least, he paid full price for a supposedly new Mountain Dew, don't remember if he finished it.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 5:51pm
Hey, we just wanted authentic Mexican food, but not that authentic.

In other words, we should have asked for it without the Montezuma’s revenge.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 6:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 5:51pm
Hey, we just wanted authentic Mexican food, but not that authentic.

In other words, we should have asked for it without the Montezuma’s revenge.

Skip to about 1:15

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 8:21pm

Skip to about 1:15
Ha! That’s about it. But the place I went to didn’t even make that much effort. I mean, they could have at least picked the old chips out of the used guacamole and fluffed it up a bit and we might have been fooled.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Fish finger pie.
Attachments
IMG-20220317-WA0000.jpeg

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 2:29pm
Fish finger pie.
Looks wrong but I'd cane it in a heartbeat.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BitterTom wrote:
Fish finger pie.
I really dislike the "-finger" suffix for snack foods. They are chicken STRIPS and fish STICKS, not somebody's gross finger. I don't have a replacement for ladyfingers but they can be ladybiscuits or something.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 4:57pm
BitterTom wrote:
Fish finger pie.
I really dislike the "-finger" suffix for snack foods. They are chicken STRIPS and fish STICKS, not somebody's gross finger. I don't have a replacement for ladyfingers but they can be ladybiscuits or something.
Sounds like Kory's looking to get his hands on some ladybiscuits.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 4:59pm
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Fish finger pie.
Sounds like Kory's looking to get his hands on some ladybiscuits.
Ladybiscuits sounds like the counter argument that girls don't poop.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!