What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob »

Pot noodles to the rescue!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 5:56pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT3eEPLIrGH ... =copy_link
Two weeks later on IMCT, Heston announces he's eating his sink. Nobody wonders what the hell he's going on about.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:

I wonder how strong the sink patch is? Wouldn't be too worried about he cosmetic bumper fix, but a sink?
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:

Those aren't Pot Noodles, they're Supernoodles.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Just went out to the garden in the dark and picked these up off the ground by flashlight. Cape gooseberries, a type of ground cherry. Citrus taste, with maybe a hint of pineapple. Fantastic.

CapeGooseberries1.jpg
CapeGooseberries1.jpg (160.63 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Ate a bowl of Rice Chex for breakfast this morning. Holy hell. It made me high as a kite. It was like I had two cups of tea or something. It took over an hour to come off that sugar high and now I'm ready for a nap. Won't be eating that shit again.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 10:57am
Ate a bowl of Rice Chex for breakfast this morning. Holy hell. It made me high as a kite. It was like I had two cups of tea or something. It took over an hour to come off that sugar high and now I'm ready for a nap. Won't be eating that shit again.
I think Im largely immune to the effects of sugar and caffeine at this point.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
So I guess this means the Capn' Crunch with Crunch Berries is out of the question? :mrgreen:
Used to love that junk as a kid, can't eat it anymore. I actually wasn't aware of the sugar content of Rice Chex, so now I'm going to have to remember to take a better look at the cereal labels the next time I shop.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 4:55pm
Mimi wrote:
So I guess this means the Capn' Crunch with Crunch Berries is out of the question? :mrgreen:
Used to love that junk as a kid, can't eat it anymore. I actually wasn't aware of the sugar content of Rice Chex, so now I'm going to have to remember to take a better look at the cereal labels the next time I shop.
It might have just been that my blood sugar was really low this morning and the rice caused a spike. There's not much sugar in them, definitely not like capn crunch.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Mimi wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 5:54pm
Sparky wrote:
Mimi wrote:
It might have just been that my blood sugar was really low this morning and the rice caused a spike. There's not much sugar in them, definitely not like capn crunch.
Sugar makes me feel pretty shitty these days. Small amounts, like a tiny dessert, are ok but any kind of sugar bomb just gives be very brief satisfaction followed by a headache and fatigue.

BostonBeaneater

Kimmelweck wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 11:05pm
Just went out to the garden in the dark and picked these up off the ground by flashlight. Cape gooseberries, a type of ground cherry. Citrus taste, with maybe a hint of pineapple. Fantastic.

CapeGooseberries1.jpg
Those are good. I think their season is very short.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 10:12pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 11:05pm

CapeGooseberries1.jpg
Those are good. I think their season is very short.
Yeah maybe 6 weeks. A little more if I’m lucky. I wanted to plant something sweet in the garden so I went with these. Was considering making gooseberry wine but they weren’t as productive this year as in past years. I know they grow wild in some places in the northeast.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 10:10pm
Mimi wrote:
01 Oct 2021, 5:54pm
Sparky wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Sugar makes me feel pretty shitty these days. Small amounts, like a tiny dessert, are ok but any kind of sugar bomb just gives be very brief satisfaction followed by a headache and fatigue.
I'm learning this too as I get older. What a drag it is getting old.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Corned beef hash again. Grated potato, onion and crumbled corned beef, bake in the oven till... coooked. Finish with cheap lagee.
Attachments
IMG-20211005-WA0007.jpeg

BostonBeaneater

BitterTom wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 4:12pm
Corned beef hash again. Grated potato, onion and crumbled corned beef, bake in the oven till... coooked. Finish with cheap lagee.
I like this but I'd like mine crispier.