What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 5:11pm
Well, you'll all be pleased by the potential hilarity that another Asian grocery store not only has none on the shelves but the staff person I spoke to acted like I was making it up. :disshame:
They dont sell it to white people.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 5:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Well, you'll all be pleased by the potential hilarity that another Asian grocery store not only has none on the shelves but the staff person I spoke to acted like I was making it up. :disshame:
They dont sell it to white people.
I'm one of the good ones, tho! :shifty:
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

revbob wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 5:25pm
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 4:14pm
revbob wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 3:45pm

Im envisioning a Larry Davidesque scenario where they have it but wont sell it to you. Everything was going fine until you made that crack about Mao's little red book

You grab it anyway throwing a handful of loonies at the guy and run and are then you fear you might be targeted by the Chinese mafia at every turn.

Make it happen
If i recall correctly, Seinfeld was actually conceived in an Asian foodstore. This sounds like it could be pitched as a long lost episode.
As long as it leads to Doc being blacklisted by the local Chinese community Ill be happy
He's had to stop going to his favourite Chinese restaurant because everytime he went, they would make him wait ages for a table.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 5:38pm
revbob wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:

Im envisioning a Larry Davidesque scenario where they have it but wont sell it to you. Everything was going fine until you made that crack about Mao's little red book

You grab it anyway throwing a handful of loonies at the guy and run and are then you fear you might be targeted by the Chinese mafia at every turn.

Make it happen
If i recall correctly, Seinfeld was actually conceived in an Asian foodstore. This sounds like it could be pitched as a long lost episode.
As long as it leads to Doc being blacklisted by the local Chinese community Ill be happy
He's had to stop going to his favourite Chinese restaurant because everytime he went, they would make him wait ages for a table.
My god, it all makes sense now!
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 5:48pm
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:

Make it happen
To be honest, we were all a bit surprised the penny didn't drop that time you ordered the Kung Pao take away and only got 5 shrimp instead of 11.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 5:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 5:48pm
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

To be honest, we were all a bit surprised the penny didn't drop that time you ordered the Kung Pao take away and only got 5 shrimp instead of 11.
The veil … it has been lifted from my eyes.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I was at our local Albertsons today, looked at all the spices, no black garlic anywhere to be found. I'm starting to think this black garlic is something like Big Foot or the Chupacabra. :question:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 7:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I was at our local Albertsons today, looked at all the spices, no black garlic anywhere to be found. I'm starting to think this black garlic is something like Big Foot or the Chupacabra. :question:
Rod Serling's going to show up and explain how some sin of mine is being repaid.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 7:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mine is due to arrive on Thursday

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss has promised to take me on a blitz of Chinatown grocers this weekend. After that, seemingly, I'm allowed to declare war on humanity.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 8:53pm
The Boss has promised to take me on a blitz of Chinatown grocers this weekend. After that, seemingly, I'm allowed to declare war on humanity.
I see hijinks ahead.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 9:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I see hijinks ahead.
The possibility that a city of 1M doesn't not offer this item is profoundly depressing.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 10:05pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I see hijinks ahead.
The possibility that a city of 1M doesn't not offer this item is profoundly depressing.
20221207_184436.jpg
Is this the spice you seek?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I see hijinks ahead.
20221207_184436.jpg

A different brand, but, yes, that is what I seek.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I see hijinks ahead.
20221207_184436.jpg

Is there any fine print on the label about it not being legal in Canada? :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung