What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

To borrow from The Onion, God answers old person's prayers; "No," says God. :sad:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

First: Sorry I've been away for a while. Dealing with some shit, but after many months, things are looking up.

Second: *sigh* Jesus Christ. *sigh again* Many moons ago, I broke my long standing tradition of lurking here at IMCT to finally sign up and discuss black garlic with Revbob (Oct. 6, 2020, in this thread, page 457, though I made a point of thanking Marky in another thread for his wonderful remasters first). I instructed Heston on the Maillard reaction. I even made a crack about the Clash playing their first ever gig at the Black Garlic in Sheffield (no Vampires!), which prompted a humorous emoji from Marky. Now I see I will have to come out of retirement, like the Dark Knight of Culinary Excellence, to rectify this situation. Doc: Get a black garlic maker (like a rice cooker but better), make your own black garlic (it’s easy), dry it in a dehydrator, blend it in a blender, and...presto…black garlic powder. How do you Canadians even put yer friggin’ pants on in the morning? :mrgreen:

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 12:11pm
First: Sorry I've been away for a while. Dealing with some shit, but after many months, things are looking up.

Second: *sigh* Jesus Christ. *sigh again* Many moons ago, I broke my long standing tradition of lurking here at IMCT to finally sign up and discuss black garlic with Revbob (Oct. 6, 2020, in this thread, page 457, though I made a point of thanking Marky in another thread for his wonderful remasters first). I instructed Heston on the Maillard reaction. I even made a crack about the Clash playing their first ever gig at the Black Garlic in Sheffield (no Vampires!), which prompted a humorous emoji from Marky. Now I see I will have to come out of retirement, like the Dark Knight of Culinary Excellence, to rectify this situation. Doc: Get a black garlic maker (like a rice cooker but better), make your own black garlic (it’s easy), dry it in a dehydrator, blend it in a blender, and...presto…black garlic powder. How do you Canadians even put yer friggin’ pants on in the morning? :mrgreen:

Welcome back Kimmelweck! I'm glad you're back on the board, I hope whatever you were dealing with is behind you and all is well.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kimmelweck wrote:

Great to hear things are looking up mate and great to see you back. 😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
Holy crap, you're here! You're alive! I'll be honest and say that I feared you'd had a fatal accident or something like that. I'm relieved to know I was wrong.

I'm also glad that, perhaps, my holy quest may have brought you back from hiding. I've looked into getting my own maker, but for the cost it'd be just as easy to suck up the insane shipping fees on the powder. Also, I'm lazy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kimmelweck wrote:

Hey, ho! Welcome back. Sorry to hear you've been dealing with shit but glad that there's a bit of sunshine in there somewhere.

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Pizza for me 😋
Attachments
C0A3D8AC-A7FC-4B87-8CFF-58D40339CA5D.jpeg
E442297E-9512-4111-BDCB-A79AB629A39F.jpeg

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Stefano1972 wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 7:27pm
Pizza for me 😋
Looks good, where's mine? :mrgreen:

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 12:41pm
I've looked into getting my own maker, but for the cost it'd be just as easy to suck up the insane shipping fees on the powder. Also, I'm lazy.
Black garlic making is perfect for the lazy! Just cram a bunch of raw garlic bulbs from the grocery store into the cooker, set it, and forget it for 12 days! But if you have a food dehydrator, you can just buy pre-made black garlic bulbs online for like 15 bucks (Amazon or wherever), dry it, and blend it up into powder. In fact, they probably have the black garlic bulbs at your local Asian grocery stores. You could always just mince up the bulbs/cloves of black garlic and add that to whatever dishes you'd use the powder in. That's probably better than the powder anyway.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 10:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 12:41pm
I've looked into getting my own maker, but for the cost it'd be just as easy to suck up the insane shipping fees on the powder. Also, I'm lazy.
Black garlic making is perfect for the lazy! Just cram a bunch of raw garlic bulbs from the grocery store into the cooker, set it, and forget it for 12 days! But if you have a food dehydrator, you can just buy pre-made black garlic bulbs online for like 15 bucks (Amazon or wherever), dry it, and blend it up into powder. In fact, they probably have the black garlic bulbs at your local Asian grocery stores. You could always just mince up the bulbs/cloves of black garlic and add that to whatever dishes you'd use the powder in. That's probably better than the powder anyway.
I’ll keep that in mind as a plan C or D. (You have no idea how lazy I am when it comes to food.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 10:53am
So Tom's making videos now?

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
Mm, I like the flavor ov it.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
I wonder if that's why the pilgrims set sail for America?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, I sucked it up—read: The Boss is sick of me muttering and grumbling—and ordered 9 bottles (all that was in stock) of black garlic powder as a way of countering/minimizing the horrendous shipping charges. I might rent a safety deposit box to store them once they arrive.