What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 10:52pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 10:46pm
revbob wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 10:45pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 7:46pm
Kory wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 5:10pm

I had a double whammy of jerk chicken with rice and beans AND black beans with pork and sausage on the side. Didn't turn out too bad.
I've only ever done it with sausage tbh. I feel like jerk chicken is something I would severely mess up...
I find a lot of people do.
There's this Caribbean place near me open until like 3 am. 3 pieces of jerk chicken and a heaping serving of beans and rice for 5 dollars. Can't be beat.
Yeah that sounds good. We did a vacation in Jamaica a few years back and there was a guy who would bring a cart down to the beach he would cook the chicken, rice and beans in the morning and then show up for lunch every day and it would be sold out in less than an hour it was so damn good.
Jerk chicken is the shit.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I think I ate jerk chicken like 3 times a day the week I was in Jamaica.

That sounds like I had it breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but it would be more accurate to say I had three separate jerk chicken lunches in addition to regular breakfasts and dinners.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 10:46pm
revbob wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 10:45pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 7:46pm
Kory wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 5:10pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 3:07pm
Beans and Rice. Lots of sodium. Lots of flatulence. No regrets.
I had a double whammy of jerk chicken with rice and beans AND black beans with pork and sausage on the side. Didn't turn out too bad.
I've only ever done it with sausage tbh. I feel like jerk chicken is something I would severely mess up...
I find a lot of people do.
There's this Caribbean place near me open until like 3 am. 3 pieces of jerk chicken and a heaping serving of beans and rice for 5 dollars. Can't be beat.
There’s a spot in Camberwell I always make sure to hit multiple times whenever I’m in London. Untouchable.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sadly jerk chicken isn't really an option around here. We tried a new Caribbean place that opened recently and it was a disappointment.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I got an embarrassment of jerk riches here in Birmingham. I had some mutton goat curry just on Friday.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 12:25am

That sounds like I had it breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but it would be more accurate to say I had three separate jerk chicken lunches in addition to regular breakfasts and dinners.
As well you should have. Everyone knows that vacation eating doesn't count.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 11:48am
Wolter wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 12:25am

As well you should have. Everyone knows that vacation eating doesn't count.
Exactly.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 10:17pm
Found a recipe for Heston. http://www.helengraves.co.uk/horse-meat ... es-recipe/
I once ate horse meat, it was fine.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Back in the early 1970s, the US experienced a dramatic spike in the price of beef (can't recall the reasons), which, not surprisingly, led to a number of immediate responses. More people started eating poultry for their meat, some went meatless (there are suggestions that vegetarianism got a real kickstart from this event), and some returned to eating horse meat. It was startling how quickly the taboo—that eating horse was for lesser people—was dropped.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 6:39am
Back in the early 1970s, the US experienced a dramatic spike in the price of beef (can't recall the reasons), which, not surprisingly, led to a number of immediate responses. More people started eating poultry for their meat, some went meatless (there are suggestions that vegetarianism got a real kickstart from this event), and some returned to eating horse meat. It was startling how quickly the taboo—that eating horse was for lesser people—was dropped.
Eating horse meat was a storyline in All in the Family once.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Little fact I learned recently in a deep dive into Icelandic sagas: when Iceland was officially converted to Christianity in AD 1000, one of the rules that was enacted was the banning of eating horse meat in public, because that was seen as a pagan practice.

Like all pagan practices for a while after the conversion, it was still technically legal, you just couldn't do it in public.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 7:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 6:39am
Eating horse meat was a storyline in All in the Family once.
Right! That was drawn from the meat crisis of the period. Damn Nixon!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I think horse meat is actually banned in the UK. I had some about 20 years ago when I tried these sausages in a shop I was working in at the time. It wasn't until I read the ingredients after eating them I saw there was horse in them. I alerted the manager who didn't seem to give a fuck.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 8:47am
I think horse meat is actually banned in the UK. I had some about 20 years ago when I tried these sausages in a shop I was working in at the time. It wasn't until I read the ingredients after eating them I saw there was horse in them. I alerted the manager who didn't seem to give a fuck.
Wasn't it in a bunch of lasagne about five, six years ago?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/