What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by JennyB »

VH is going out of town for work today, so we went out to dinner last night and I ordered scallops. I rarely have them because they are so expensive, but OMG they are so good.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

I got violently ill from scallops my first year in college. Haven't touched them since. I'm kind of getting nauseous just thinking about it.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Bankrobber wrote:
20 May 2019, 10:57am
I got violently ill from scallops my first year in college. Haven't touched them since. I'm kind of getting nauseous just thinking about it.
Isn't it remarkable how that works? It's a physiological safeguard, I assume, developed so that thing that you ate that made you sick but you survived, yeah, don't eat that again, bozo. About thirty years ago, I got food poisoning after eating beef stroganoff in a restaurant. Haven't had it since. The very idea is repulsive.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Bankrobber wrote:
I hear you. I'm like that with peas.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 11:06am
Bankrobber wrote:
Isn't it remarkable how that works? It's a physiological safeguard, I assume, developed so that thing that you ate that made you sick but you survived, yeah, don't eat that again, bozo. About thirty years ago, I got food poisoning after eating beef stroganoff in a restaurant. Haven't had it since. The very idea is repulsive.
I wonder though, how that accounts for the fact that a lot of food poisoning can take a day or two to manifest, during which time you'll have eaten other things if you're a decent hunter or gatherer.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
20 May 2019, 12:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Bankrobber wrote:
I wonder though, how that accounts for the fact that a lot of food poisoning can take a day or two to manifest, during which time you'll have eaten other things if you're a decent hunter or gatherer.
Yeah, I dunno. It seems, tho, like it's an evolutionary protective device, but is rather crude in its mechanics. And how diverse was our diet hundreds of thousands of years ago?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

2 years ago I had a hangover Taco Bell vomit. Taco Bell had been my favorite fast food for my entire life, now I haven't had it for 2 years. :meh:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I can't eat ham and mushroom pizzas anymore after the time I was violently ill after eating one. I was projectile vomiting and one of the mushrooms came through my nose. I can't even think about them without feeling sick.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

I was put off doner meat after a kebab gave me gastroenteritis, probably the most pain I've ever been in. I've had one drunk since but it just didn't feel right at all .

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Bankrobber wrote:
This is what you get for trying Oklahoma scallops.

My food poisoning was from a whopper with everything.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 1:22pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Bankrobber wrote:
Yeah, I dunno. It seems, tho, like it's an evolutionary protective device, but is rather crude in its mechanics. And how diverse was our diet hundreds of thousands of years ago?
I'm not sure if Rax was around back then.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
20 May 2019, 1:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Bankrobber wrote:
Que?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 1:43pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Que?
Oh, just a restaurant chain from the 80s. I guess it must have been regional.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
20 May 2019, 1:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Que?
Ah. According to Wikipedia, there were two in Alberta, but that was the extent of their internationalization efforts.

Y'know, I'm not sure I've ever had Arby's in circumstances not involving a road trip and limited options. Arby's: Desperation Can Be Overcome.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 1:47pm
Kory wrote:
20 May 2019, 1:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Que?
Ah. According to Wikipedia, there were two in Alberta, but that was the extent of their internationalization efforts.

Y'know, I'm not sure I've ever had Arby's in circumstances not involving a road trip and limited options. Arby's: Desperation Can Be Overcome.
I've only had it once myself, as leftovers. Don't get me started.