What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 8:57am
Heston wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 8:47am
I think horse meat is actually banned in the UK. I had some about 20 years ago when I tried these sausages in a shop I was working in at the time. It wasn't until I read the ingredients after eating them I saw there was horse in them. I alerted the manager who didn't seem to give a fuck.
Wasn't it in a bunch of lasagne about five, six years ago?
Might have been, my memory isn't what it was but I definitely think longer than that ago.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

There were the IKEA meatballs, too.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I personally have no issue eating horse meat any more than cow, chicken, pig, duck, fish, carrots, pasta beans etc.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 10:23am
I personally have no issue eating horse meat any more than cow, chicken, pig, duck, fish, carrots, pasta beans etc.
There's a reason we don't eat them in the UK. I don't know what it is but there is a reason.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 10:29am
revbob wrote:
There's a reason we don't eat them in the UK. I don't know what it is but there is a reason.
I think because on the human perception level they are more akin to a pet than something you eat.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 10:57am
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
I think because on the human perception level they are more akin to a pet than something you eat.
Yeah, we've imbued horses with a nobility that we don't for cows, pigs, or chickens. Perhaps related to the horse's connection to military leadership in the days of the cavalry.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 9:18am
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
I think horse meat is actually banned in the UK. I had some about 20 years ago when I tried these sausages in a shop I was working in at the time. It wasn't until I read the ingredients after eating them I saw there was horse in them. I alerted the manager who didn't seem to give a fuck.
Might have been, my memory isn't what it was but I definitely think longer than that ago.
Everything seems to have been about a month ago to me nowadays.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 11:29am
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
i just searched the board, it was hot dogs. Had to have been at least 15 years ago.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 11:21am
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yeah, we've imbued horses with a nobility that we don't for cows, pigs, or chickens. Perhaps related to the horse's connection to military leadership in the days of the cavalry.
That and they look as if they'd be as tough as old boots.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 11:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Because they're so muscular looking?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 12:48pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

Oh, to be held tenderly in the embrace of a muscular horse.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Inder wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 12:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I guarantee there’s at least 5000 people tweeting something like this right now.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 12:54pm
Inder wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I guarantee there’s at least 5000 people tweeting something like this right now.
We live in a fallen society.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Inder wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Would you accept a centaur?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 11:29am
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
i just searched the board, it was hot dogs. Had to have been at least 15 years ago.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc