What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A step further, I'll bet it's been at least three years since I've had franchise fast food of any kind. Maybe at a Quizno's beside a bar where a friend and I occasionally meet up. Zero interest in that at all.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 2:06pm
A step further, I'll bet it's been at least three years since I've had franchise fast food of any kind. Maybe at a Quizno's beside a bar where a friend and I occasionally meet up. Zero interest in that at all.
I still go when I'm in a hurry or when the chemicals they put in to make you addicted run out.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
20 May 2019, 3:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I still go when I'm in a hurry or when the chemicals they put in to make you addicted run out.
I just remembered, the Boss and I did A & W when we were in Saskatchewan last summer. It was road trippish (small town, fleeing my family) and we were kind of intrigued about the claims of their plant-based meat burgers. They were kind of expensive for fast food burgers, but, damn, it tasted and had the consistency of meat. If those things make it to grocery stores and reasonably priced, I'll be all over them.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 3:31pm
Kory wrote:
20 May 2019, 3:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I just remembered, the Boss and I did A & W when we were in Saskatchewan last summer. It was road trippish (small town, fleeing my family) and we were kind of intrigued about the claims of their plant-based meat burgers. They were kind of expensive for fast food burgers, but, damn, it tasted and had the consistency of meat. If those things make it to grocery stores and reasonably priced, I'll be all over them.
It's just a matter of time, from what I'm picking up. Are you similarly interested in eating insect-based foods?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
20 May 2019, 3:36pm
It's just a matter of time, from what I'm picking up. Are you similarly interested in eating insect-based foods?
The thought isn't appealing, but, yeah, I'd give it a shot. I'd love to cut meat out of my diet for ethical reasons, but I'm not quite strong enough, so I'm open to options that get me past beef and poultry.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 3:52pm
Kory wrote:
The thought isn't appealing, but, yeah, I'd give it a shot. I'd love to cut meat out of my diet for ethical reasons, but I'm not quite strong enough, so I'm open to options that get me past beef and poultry.
Same here. I did eat a whole bunch of grasshoppers when I was in LA a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the experience, but if they are made into flour and given another name (cows=beef, pigs=pork), I think people can get past it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Same here. I did eat a whole bunch of grasshoppers when I was in LA a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the experience, but if they are made into flour and given another name (cows=beef, pigs=pork), I think people can get past it.
As long as it doesn't seem like insects—crunchy or slimy—and made into something familiar in texture, i can convince myself. Because with me, texture is a far greater determiner of me not liking a food than taste.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:15pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
As long as it doesn't seem like insects—crunchy or slimy—and made into something familiar in texture, i can convince myself. Because with me, texture is a far greater determiner of me not liking a food than taste.
Yes. Bananas for me the perfect point. Love the taste, texture makes me want to chuck up.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Yes. Bananas for me the perfect point. Love the taste, texture makes me want to chuck up.
Substitute peaches for bananas and that's my fruit rejection.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Here’s the thing I love bananas but could not eat / drink anything banana flavoured other than a banana ( not including banana cake as it is made of banana).

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Substitute peaches for bananas and that's my fruit rejection.
Though I don't feel as strongly, I can understand this.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:21pm
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Here’s the thing I love bananas but could not eat / drink anything banana flavoured other than a banana ( not including banana cake as it is made of banana).
Opposite of me then! Love banana cake!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:22pm
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

No no no I love banana cake but that is because it is made of real banana not banana flavoured.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:25pm
BitterTom wrote:
20 May 2019, 4:22pm
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No no no I love banana cake but that is because it is made of real banana not banana flavoured.
Gotcha sorry

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

i love bananas.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak