What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 7:04pm
Kory wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 4:21pm
revbob wrote:
14 Jul 2021, 7:36pm
So I worked insane hours the past two days and came home and crashed for a few hours. I get woken up with my wife telling me my son is gonna make tacos for dinner. Sounds good. I come downstairs to see a nasty sour stout opened and sitting out. I asked why, it turns out he's following a recipe (sort of). I say not with that, its awful tasting and I should have dumped it months ago. I explain no dont use that beer it isnt gonna be good. Then I ask about the expiration date on the ground beef... 7/8/21... so two disasters avoided.

We're getting takeout.
I was just reading an article about how expiration dates are bullshit. You should have gone for it.
Nah it was definitely bad. The funny thing is when I was asking my questions I was accused of butting in, being controlling etc.
Prophets are never appreciated in their time.

I'm really bad with expiration dates. If it doesn't smell funky or have mold on it, I assume all is fine.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I'm sure I have a packet of butterscotch angel delight from 1987 in my cupboard somewhere. You never know when you might need it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 7:39pm
I'm sure I have a packet of butterscotch angel delight from 1987 in my cupboard somewhere. You never know when you might need it.
As in some kind of quick-acting suicide option?

I had an orange that was around 15 years old. It never went rotten/moldy, but gone rock hard in the peel, but super light as if the contents within had evaporated. No idea what happened to it—presumably tossed in a move.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 8:14pm
Heston wrote:

I had an orange that was around 15 years old. It never went rotten/moldy, but gone rock hard in the peel, but super light as if the contents within had evaporated. No idea what happened to it—presumably tossed in a move.
I once placed a jam sandwich inside a book when I was a kid and forgot about it for a few years. It wasn't a pretty sight when I rediscovered it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 8:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

I once placed a jam sandwich inside a book when I was a kid and forgot about it for a few years. It wasn't a pretty sight when I rediscovered it.
Had it achieved sentience? :yuck:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 8:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

I got into a habit of sorts as a kid of hiding food behind a couch. It was a room that wasn't used much and was discovered years later. I think there was some old hamburger. It looked like dried up old turds.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Horseradish cheddar is the bomb!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Been hankerin' some Ranch flavored potato chips. :approve:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

revbob wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 9:38pm
Horseradish cheddar is the bomb!
While I agree with the intent of this post I was clearly channeling my inner Heston.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Purple bell pepper from Kimmelweck’s garden in the shade….err.…sun. It’s washed, gutted, and sittin’ on top of a salami sandwich. No condiments necessary. High in vitamin purple. Picked and eaten within 5 minutes. :mrgreen:

PurpleBell1.jpg
PurpleBell1.jpg (82.91 KiB) Viewed 1111 times

PurpleBell2.jpg
PurpleBell2.jpg (78.05 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 4:58pm
Purple bell pepper from Kimmelweck’s garden in the shade….err.…sun. It’s washed, gutted, and sittin’ on top of a salami sandwich. No condiments necessary. High in vitamin purple. Picked and eaten within 5 minutes. :mrgreen:

PurpleBell1.jpg

PurpleBell2.jpg
Looks great

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Nice Pepper!

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Shopping tomorrow so there's not much in for tonight. Making do with pasta, olive oil, some suspect cheese in the back of the fridge and a fuckton of garlic. I'm sure it'll do nicely.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Inspired by Heston. (John, not Blumenthal.)
Attachments
20210609_182034.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 1:26pm
Inspired by Heston. (John, not Blumenthal.)
Chunk of meat and package of noodles.