What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by BitterTom »

Bacon sarnie, splat.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Apparently not tuna if you got it from Subway:

Do people still buy their shit sandwiches?

No tuna in Subway's tuna sandwiches and wraps, lawsuit claims

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/subway ... s-lawsuit/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 6:17pm

incredibly unsurprising, but still gross
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 6:17pm

Never let it be forgotten: The food industry would fully embrace a pre-The Jungle model at first opportunity, and is always pushing the envelope in that direction. The profit motive forces it to be so.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Homemade doner kebab, I certainly look proud of it. 2nd pic is after cooking. Yes it looks like a massive turd but tastes amazing.
Attachments
IMG-20210130-WA0007.jpg
20210131_181450.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
31 Jan 2021, 2:23pm
Homemade doner kebab, I certainly look proud of it. 2nd pic is after cooking. Yes it looks like a massive turd but tastes amazing.
So what's in that?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

revbob wrote:
31 Jan 2021, 4:12pm
BitterTom wrote:
So what's in that?
Lamb mince, loads of garlic, paprika, chilli powder, oregano, salt & pepper and an egg to bind it. Slow cooked it for 9 hours and crisped it up in the oven. Got some good shavings off it and whacked it in a pitta with salad and lashings of chilli sauce. Heaven.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
31 Jan 2021, 4:43pm
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
So what's in that?
Lamb mince, loads of garlic, paprika, chilli powder, oregano, salt & pepper and an egg to bind it. Slow cooked it for 9 hours and crisped it up in the oven. Got some good shavings off it and whacked it in a pitta with salad and lashings of chilli sauce. Heaven.
Been on a healthy diet for 4 weeks now and I'm frothing at the mouth reading this.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
So what's in that?
So sort of like a meatloaf?

My son and I were watching this cooking show on Netflix with Roy Choi and Jon Favreau. They did a meatball lasagna. We decided to just do the meatballs and spaghetti. The meatballs are so damn good.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
31 Jan 2021, 5:15pm
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
So what's in that?
Been on a healthy diet for 4 weeks now and I'm frothing at the mouth reading this.
It was great but sadly we're down to the shit in the bottom of the cupboard now.
Attachments
20210202_160411.jpg

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
So what's in that?
Good doner is just something we don't have in the states. It's a damn shame. The photo didn't looks so tasty, but the recipe sounds delicious. Got any pics of the doner fully prepped?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 1:07pm
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
So what's in that?
It was great but sadly we're down to the shit in the bottom of the cupboard now.
Ah, a nice mug of pasta. That's how this thread started if you look back.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 1:30pm
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:

So what's in that?
From the upcoming Heston: A Mug's Life and a Mug of Pasta.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

matedog wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 1:28pm
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
So what's in that?
Good doner is just something we don't have in the states. It's a damn shame. The photo didn't looks so tasty, but the recipe sounds delicious. Got any pics of the doner fully prepped?
Sadly not, though the flavour was spot on, I couldn't get long nice strips from the finished product. It easily fell apart while trying to thinly cut it due to the slow cooking. That's a shame though not having good doner over there, what's the go to after too much ale?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 1:30pm
BitterTom wrote:
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
revbob wrote:

So what's in that?
Not sure about nice but glad I've navigated this thread full circle.