What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:07pm
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 6:37pm
Grilled tuna, grilled veggies, grilled corn.
I had a grilled cheese!
Cheese on the top or in a sandwich?

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:07pm
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 6:37pm
Grilled tuna, grilled veggies, grilled corn.
I had a grilled cheese!
Cheese on the top or in a sandwich?
Inside. I've never heard of it on top.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:07pm
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 6:37pm
Grilled tuna, grilled veggies, grilled corn.
I had a grilled cheese!
Image
I also had tomato soup, if that improves things. But I probably do grilled cheese twice a week. It's easy, tasty, and I'm not that into food.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:52pm
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:07pm
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 6:37pm
Grilled tuna, grilled veggies, grilled corn.
I had a grilled cheese!
Image
I also had tomato soup, if that improves things. But I probably do grilled cheese twice a week. It's easy, tasty, and I'm not that into food.
You know Im just kidding. Its funny because those are two things I WILL NOT eat. I suppose I would try a homemade tomato soup.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15868
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Silent Majority »

101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 6:19pm
Silent Majority wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:26am
101Walterton wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 5:04pm
Heston wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 3:24pm
revbob wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 3:17pm


Looks good, what have we got there?
Looks like raw sausages to me.
Parsnip, carrot, potatoes and graveyard? Is this is an allotment feed?
Pretty much, the sausages Heston thinks are raw were made of chicken. It was a goodie.
Not sure what graveyard is though?
Sounds like what a vegetarian would call a plate of chicken sausages.
I guessed that autocorrect turned the word gravy to graveyard. There's more of the former about me than the latter.
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:52pm
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:07pm
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 6:37pm
Grilled tuna, grilled veggies, grilled corn.
I had a grilled cheese!
Image
I also had tomato soup, if that improves things. But I probably do grilled cheese twice a week. It's easy, tasty, and I'm not that into food.
You know Im just kidding. Its funny because those are two things I WILL NOT eat. I suppose I would try a homemade tomato soup.
Heh, tomato soup is one of the most perfect dishes I can conceive of. Regular, milk, bisque, gazpacho, and all variations of spices, I love tomato soup. Since going vegetarian, I've upped both my tomato soup and grilled cheese consumption.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:50pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:07pm
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 6:37pm
Grilled tuna, grilled veggies, grilled corn.
I had a grilled cheese!
Cheese on the top or in a sandwich?
Inside. I've never heard of it on top.
It’s called Cheese on Toast! aka Welsh Rarebit

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89314
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 8:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:50pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:07pm
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 6:37pm
Grilled tuna, grilled veggies, grilled corn.
I had a grilled cheese!
Cheese on the top or in a sandwich?
Inside. I've never heard of it on top.
It’s called Cheese on Toast! aka Welsh Rarebit
Ah, okay. I was having a hard time seeing it in my head.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53523
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 9:07pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 8:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:50pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:07pm


I had a grilled cheese!
Cheese on the top or in a sandwich?
Inside. I've never heard of it on top.
It’s called Cheese on Toast! aka Welsh Rarebit
Ah, okay. I was having a hard time seeing it in my head.
I actually grew up with that instead of grilled cheese. We just called it toasted cheese. Instead of a closed sandwich cooked on a frying pan, it’s open faced and cooked under a broiler. I prefer it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 10401
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 10:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 9:07pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 8:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:50pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:43pm


Cheese on the top or in a sandwich?
Inside. I've never heard of it on top.
It’s called Cheese on Toast! aka Welsh Rarebit
Ah, okay. I was having a hard time seeing it in my head.
I actually grew up with that instead of grilled cheese. We just called it toasted cheese. Instead of a closed sandwich cooked on a frying pan, it’s open faced and cooked under a broiler. I prefer it.
So, like a bagel, english muffin, or wonder bread toaster oven 'pizza'? My mom used to take a piece of pita bread, a dollop of Ragu tomato sauce, and a healthy pitch of cheddar or mozzarella and stick it on broil in the toaster oven for a minute. Good stuff.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by 101Walterton »

Wolter wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 10:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 9:07pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 8:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:50pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:43pm


Cheese on the top or in a sandwich?
Inside. I've never heard of it on top.
It’s called Cheese on Toast! aka Welsh Rarebit
Ah, okay. I was having a hard time seeing it in my head.
I actually grew up with that instead of grilled cheese. We just called it toasted cheese. Instead of a closed sandwich cooked on a frying pan, it’s open faced and cooked under a broiler. I prefer it.
I’d call it a grill ( top part of oven) but yes same thing.
Tastes better than a toasted cheese sandwich in my book but there is room for both especially if you want extra fillings in your sandwich.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53523
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 11:16pm
Wolter wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 10:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 9:07pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 8:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 7:50pm


Inside. I've never heard of it on top.
It’s called Cheese on Toast! aka Welsh Rarebit
Ah, okay. I was having a hard time seeing it in my head.
I actually grew up with that instead of grilled cheese. We just called it toasted cheese. Instead of a closed sandwich cooked on a frying pan, it’s open faced and cooked under a broiler. I prefer it.
So, like a bagel, english muffin, or wonder bread toaster oven 'pizza'? My mom used to take a piece of pita bread, a dollop of Ragu tomato sauce, and a healthy pitch of cheddar or mozzarella and stick it on broil in the toaster oven for a minute. Good stuff.
Essentially, except it’s literally toasted bread with cheese Broiled on it. Super simple. Super tasty. Less oily than a grilled cheese because you don’t need butter or mayo or anything on the bread itself.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21725
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by 101Walterton »

Wolter wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 2:47pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 11:16pm
Wolter wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 10:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 9:07pm
101Walterton wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 8:47pm


It’s called Cheese on Toast! aka Welsh Rarebit
Ah, okay. I was having a hard time seeing it in my head.
I actually grew up with that instead of grilled cheese. We just called it toasted cheese. Instead of a closed sandwich cooked on a frying pan, it’s open faced and cooked under a broiler. I prefer it.
So, like a bagel, english muffin, or wonder bread toaster oven 'pizza'? My mom used to take a piece of pita bread, a dollop of Ragu tomato sauce, and a healthy pitch of cheddar or mozzarella and stick it on broil in the toaster oven for a minute. Good stuff.
Essentially, except it’s literally toasted bread with cheese Broiled on it. Super simple. Super tasty. Less oily than a grilled cheese because you don’t need butter or mayo or anything on the bread itself.
Exactly.
The broiled / grilled cheese also has a different taste to cheese in a toasted sandwich.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 13056
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by revbob »

Grilled/toasted/broiled cheese what are we 5. You gonna have mac n cheese and jello with that?

Grilled salmon tonight.

Wild rice, grilled corn

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4236
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by BitterTom »

Cheese on toast is a thing of beauty. Even better, beans and cheese on toast, cheese straight on buttered toast and beans on top so it goes all melty. Get a load of pepper and brown on and you've a meal for a king.

Post Reply