movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: movies

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 7:57pm
tepista wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 7:33pm
Harrison Ford(?) looks kind of like Bono. :yuck:
Yeah that's a weird attempt at Deckard, if that's who one of those Bono guys is supposed to be. Batty, Pris, and Rachael look somewhat better.

Funny coincidence – I’m halfway through Blade Runner (The Final Cut, which I’ve seen about 100 times) as I stumbled across this post. Maybe my favorite movie.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

The Deadly Spawn (1983) A flesh-eating space creature with no eyes, multiple heads and a mouth with hundreds of teeth finds it’s way into a family’s basement and spawns about a thousand little slugs, also with mouths full of teeth. Big brother and school friends working on a science project fight off the intruders with the help of little brother, who is a horror movie buff with knowledge of fx and explosives. One of the highlights is when the creatures crash a little old lady’s tea party. This low budget gem is funny, charming and extremely gory, and is certainly one of the great under appreciated sci-fi horrors of the 80s. I rented this often as a teenager, the VHS had the alternate title “Return of the Aliens Deadly Spawn” for what I assume would be to trick someone into thinking this was an Alien sequel. No tricks necessary, this is B-Movie Gold.

Xtro (1983) Ultra gory, bizarre Brit Sci-Fi/Horror. A ten year old boy is convinced his father was zapped into the sky three years ago, though his mother insists he walked out on them. When dad finally returns, it is in the form of a hideous alien, who mutilates several people before “impregnating” a woman which results of him being born in full grown human form several hours later! Claiming he has no recollection of the last three years, he moves back in with son and wife, who now has a live-in boyfriend. His plan is to take his son back with him, and he gives him the power to make anything he imagines come true. The boy uses this to make some of his toys come to life and murder an old lady in his apartment who was pissing him off! Not to be overlooked is the sexy au pair, played by future Bond Girl Maryam d’Abo (The Living Daylights) who delivers some A+ nudity. That, with multiple gross-out gore fx make this a must see sleaze classic. Spawned two sequels.

Hellblazers (2022) Set in the 80's, a satanic cult conjures a demon that terrorizes a small town. With appearances by Tony Todd, Adrianne Barbeau, Meg Foster and Billy Zane, but it was Bruce Dern who took the cake as a grouchy old man who described the incident to the sheriff. Not great, but you could do worse than this Tubi Original timewaster.

Habit (1995) Larry Fessenden writes, directs, and stars in this gritty New York indie about a 20-something drinker who meets a woman at a party who likes to bite him and drink his blood during sex. His already unstable life takes a turn for the worse. I liked this one.

Olivia (1983) A girl sees her prostitute mother murdered by a John through a keyhole. 15 years later she's in an abusive marriage, prompting her to sneak out in the day and turn tricks of her own, but some of the tricks she has the urge to murder! Director Uli Lommel and his beautiful wife Suzanna Love made a handful of low budget films together in the 80s, including VHS classic the Boogeyman. Some good nudity in this one from Suzanna.

Leptirica aka The She-Butterfly (1973) Yugoslavion made-for-TV vampire oddity about a wheat mill terrorized by the region's local bloodsucker, and a young man who runs away with his bride-to-be despite her father's objection. See how the two stories come together, it's only 65 minutes. The girl was exceptionally pretty.

Cruising (1980) Al Pacino is an undercover cop in New York City trying to catch a serial killer who pulls his victims from gay bars, and the lifestyle begins to take a mental toll. With Paul Sorvino, Karen Allen, Joe Spinell, James Remar, and an unforgettable depiction of police brutality when a large black man in a jockstrap and cowboy boots enters an interrogation room to rough up a suspect. Directed by WIlliam Friedkin (The Exorcist), and cool soundtrack which included Willie Nile and The Germs. This had some pretty explicit stuff for a mainstream movie of its era.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 12:41pm
Hellblazers (2022) Set in the 80's, a satanic cult conjures a demon that terrorizes a small town. With appearances by Tony Todd, Adrianne Barbeau, Meg Foster and Billy Zane, but it was Bruce Dern who took the cake as a grouchy old man who described the incident to the sheriff. Not great, but you could do worse than this Tubi Original timewaster.
So its set in the 80s but filmed present day with this cast? They must all be in their 70s

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 12:51pm
tepista wrote:
So its set in the 80s but filmed present day with this cast? They must all be in their 70s
yeah, Bruce Dern's character was in a wheelchair. Meg Foster didn't age well, I thought she didn't look too good in a Rob Zombie movie that I probably saw 5 years ago. There was a younger cast that carried the load, all the older names had about 2 scenes each, probably filmed their shit in a day or 2 and got out.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 2:50pm
Not great, but you could do worse than this Tubi Original timewaster.
Found the pull quote for the blu ray release!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 2:58pm
tepista wrote:
Not great, but you could do worse than this Tubi Original timewaster.
Found the pull quote for the blu ray release!
Like when i said Puppetmaster 13 was the best Puppetmaster since Puppetmaster 3.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 12:51pm
tepista wrote:
yeah, Bruce Dern's character was in a wheelchair. Meg Foster didn't age well, I thought she didn't look too good in a Rob Zombie movie that I probably saw 5 years ago. There was a younger cast that carried the load, all the older names had about 2 scenes each, probably filmed their shit in a day or 2 and got out.
Do you at lest get some obligatory Barbeau cleavage shots?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 3:34pm
Hall of Fame rack on her for sure. Would you believe I didn't like her when i was a kid? I'm pretty sure it was because of her villainess performance in Creepshow.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 4:30pm
revbob wrote:
Hall of Fame rack on her for sure. Would you believe I didn't like her when i was a kid? I'm pretty sure it was because of her villainess performance in Creepshow.
One for the ages.

As a kid I would get her mixed up with Barbi Benton.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 5:24pm
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
One for the ages.

I'm a Laura San Giacomo man, myself.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 5:47pm
revbob wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 5:24pm
tepista wrote:
revbob wrote:
One for the ages.

No quarrel there.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kory wrote:

hmm. I don't know that person

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 6:00pm
Kory wrote:

She was in that show with that asshole David Spade. Very short and very large breasts.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
Kory wrote:

Pretty Woman, Quigley, Just Shoot Me

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 6:58pm
tepista wrote:
Kory wrote:

She was in that show with that asshole David Spade. Very short and very large breasts.
Is he an asshole? I don't know anything about him.