movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 4:08pm

Boy, someone really liked My Stepmother is an Alien
But it's running at the same time as Watchers. O cruel scheduling demon!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 5:40pm
But it's running at the same time as Watchers. O cruel scheduling demon!
Man do I miss theater jumping. That and sneaking food into the theater was wife and I's favorite date night/day.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Last Night in Soho (2021) A shy young lady (Thomasin McKenzie) goes to a fashion college in London and finds herself in a fantasy/dreamworld where she’s a beautiful aspiring pop singer (Ana Taylor-Joy) in the early 60s. Then it gets dark. With British veterans Diana Rigg and Terence Stamp. Great soundtrack and visuals from director Edgar Wright that grabs you pretty much from the start, maybe gets a bit muddled by the end. Good movie.

Antlers (2021) Keri “Felicity” Russel is a rural schoolteacher who takes interest in a 12 year old student whom she suspects is living in an unsafe environment. His dad is some sort of infected cannibal who is morphing into a horned creature and is kept locked in a closet, yeah, I’d call that unsafe. Call child services? No, why would anyone do that. About as mediocre as a movie can be.

Top Sensation aka The Seducers (1969) The wealthy mother of a mentally handicapped adult son hires a couple of swingers and a prostitute to accompany them on a yacht, thinking that getting her son laid will cure him of his malady. When the boat breaks down on the shore of a small island, a pretty peasant woman and her drunk husband join the fun. Fun which includes murder! When Rosalba Neri and Edwige Fenech aren’t in bikinis, they’re in less. An Ultra sleazy, goat molesting gem, with a wild 3rd act. Fans of Eurosleaze do not miss!

Puzzle (1974) An amnesiac wakes from an accident, and after 8 months in Italy, he is informed that his identification papers are forged and he he has a wife missing him in London. When he returns home, he also finds he has a tremendous debt to the mob, immediately putting his wife in danger. Not a sleazy as I like my giallo, but entertaining just the same. Lovely leading lady Senta Berger is still going strong in her 80s, with over 150 movie credits, mostly in Germany.

What the Peeper Saw aka the Night Child (1972) The beautiful Britt Eklund is the second wife of a rich widower. She spends a lot of time at home with her 12 year old stepson, a peeping tom who has been expelled from school for numerous offenses. She wonders why the boy seems so unaffected by his own mother’s death two years prior. Light on the violence, but heavy on the naked lady in a room with a 12 year old boy factor. Nice thriller, I give a thumbs up.

Malatesta's Carnival of Blood (1973) Carnival patrons (what few there are) and employees alike disappear at a carnival, either devoured by the vampire manager, Mr. Blood, or the hoard of zombie-ghouls that live underground and spend the day watching silent horror films on a projection screen. Weird, low budget indie with a fever dreamlike atmosphere, filmed at an amusement park in Pennsylvania. I came close to turning it off in the first 20 minutes, but then it grabbed me, like a highway accident. Watch at your own peril!

Diabolique (1955) Classic French thriller about a boarding school principal who physically abuses both his wife and mistress until they conspire to get rid of him. Of course, there's no such thing as a perfect crime. Black & White, and in French with subs. Highly recommended.

Evil Ed (1995) Ed is a mild-mannered film editor who get transferred to the "Splatter & Gore Department" (that's what they call it!) and grows increasingly hallucinogenic and violent after spending hour upon hour editing the "Loose Limbs" gore films. Some sex and plenty of gore in this oddball Swedish satire that delivers the goods. I can't believe I was unaware of this film for 25 years. I thought it was going to be a cheap Fright Night rip off.

Psychos in Love (1987) Home made horror comedy that is pretty good considering the budget. A serial killer bar owner meets a serial killer manicurist, both with an abnormal hatred of grapes, and they find happiness. That is until the inevitable meeting with the serial killer plumber. The lead chick is very personable, and nudity from several women and a bunch of gore. Not laugh out loud funny, but it works.

The Case of the Scorpion's Tail (1971) Giallo mainstay George Hilton is an insurance investigator checking in on a widow who just received a million dollar payout. When she turns up dead and the cash missing, he becomes the top suspect, and he and his new girlfriend, a newspaper reporter played by another giallo mainstay, Anita Strinberg, find their lives in danger. Not my favorite from the Sergio Martino cannon, as it was a bit light on the nudity and kill count, but entertaining nonetheless.

The Pyjama Girl Case (1977) When an unidentified young woman is found on the beach, police allow retired detective Ray Milland to work the case. He has old fashioned ways, which include undermining the work of the active detectives! Meanwhile, a young, unhappy wife tries to fill her void with multiple affairs. See how the two stories come together in this different type of giallo, which was an Italian production filmed in Australia. The nudity was good, the gore was also, except there wasn't a lot of it. Also with Mel Ferrer.

Screams of a Winter Night (1979) Very amateurish Louisiana indie anthology, where five dull adult couples in a cabin tell scary stories. They dicked around in the car and the kitchen for 28 minutes before the first story was told, and I was ready to pull my own hair out. The stories were nothing special (haunted hotel, killer on the road, cemetery witch, shy girl turns killer), and the actors in the cabin doubled in the "dramatic reenactments". I didn't enjoy this at all, and it was two hours!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 12:05pm
Last Night in Soho (2021)
How did you watch this? I can't find it streaming anywhere.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kory wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 3:07pm
tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 12:05pm
Last Night in Soho (2021)
How did you watch this? I can't find it streaming anywhere.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I've been on a 50s pirate movie binge lately, no idea how that came about.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Olaf wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 4:36pm
You arrr, arrr you?

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 4:46pm
Olaf wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 4:36pm
You arrr, arrr you?
Can't make my mind up between Anne of the Indies and the Buccaneer's Girl.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Olaf wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 4:54pm
Buccaneer's Girl.
...and she used to be mine

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 5:03pm
Olaf wrote:
Buccaneer's Girl.

Ben Orr's hair was glorious in that picture.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 5:03pm
Olaf wrote:
Buccaneer's Girl.

Just goes to show there's always room for improvement. I'd love to see the video too.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 5:17pm

what a rock star. i think it's the back of Candy-O he has the lollipop

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 5:35pm
JennyB wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 5:17pm

what a rock star. i think it's the back of Candy-O he has the lollipop
As he SHOULD.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://thehardtimes.net/blog/we-ranked ... -grown-up/

What's funny is that I pretty much agree with the conclusions and rankings, tho I'll say that I hated Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when I first saw it.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 1:43pm
https://thehardtimes.net/blog/we-ranked ... -grown-up/

What's funny is that I pretty much agree with the conclusions and rankings, tho I'll say that I hated Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when I first saw it.
Dogma might be the one I would willingly watch again.