movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: movies

Post by BostonBeaneater »

tepista wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 11:25pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 11:21pm
I want Tep’s review of The Stuff.

The Stuff (1985) Americans can't get enough of the Stuff, the addictive desert item that ends up mind-controlling anyone who eats it. Young Jason defies his family by NOT eating it after he's sees it move in the refrigerator. Why he saw it move and 50 million other people didn't is beyond me. Director Larry Cohen employs his favorite actor once again, Michael Moriarty is a "industrial saboteur" hired by Big Ice Cream to get to the bottom of it, and he quickly finds that there's something wrong as well. Also with Garret Morris, Paul Sorvino and Danny Aiello.
Thanks!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

The Stuff (1985) Americans can't get enough of the Stuff, the addictive desert item that ends up mind-controlling anyone who eats it. Young Jason defies his family by NOT eating it after he's sees it move in the refrigerator. Why he saw it move and 50 million other people didn't is beyond me. Director Larry Cohen employs his favorite actor once again, Michael Moriarty is a "industrial saboteur" hired by Big Ice Cream to get to the bottom of it, and he quickly finds that there's something wrong as well. Also with Garret Morris, Paul Sorvino and Danny Aiello.
This is probably racist but having Paul Sorvino AND Danny Aiello is too much Italian American for me.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

matedog wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 1:44am
tepista wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

This is probably racist but having Paul Sorvino AND Danny Aiello is too much Italian American for me.
Oh!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
tepista wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

You'd never notice it with having the pure insanity of Moriarty in there. Tho maybe he hadn't gone nuts at that point.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

matedog wrote:
tepista wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

:angry: :shifty:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

matedog wrote:
tepista wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

If Marty Scorsese wrote the dialog:

Person 1:Are you sayin ther'es too much Italian American in this movie
Person 2: Yeah, that's what I'm sayin
P1: So you think, there's too much Italian American in this movie
P2: A little bit, yeah, a little too much
P1: So you think it could use less Itaian American, that's what you're sayin
P2: Look, I'm just sayin a little less Italian American wouldn't be a bad thing
P1: It wouldn't, that's what you're sayin?
p2: That's what I'm sayin

and on for three more pages
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 10:48am
matedog wrote:
tepista wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Until one of them kills the other.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 1:21pm
tepista wrote:
matedog wrote:
tepista wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Now hand over that Oscar.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 1:41pm
revbob wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 1:21pm
tepista wrote:
matedog wrote:
tepista wrote:

Now hand over that Oscar.
Then go out and celebrate with some nice gobbagool.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

The Invisable Man (2020) Cecilia (Elizabeth Moss) escapes an abusive relationship and hides at a friends house. She becomes so paranoid she fears going outside until her sister brings news that the boyfriend has killed himself. Slowly she gains her confidence, but again fears for her life as
strange things start to happen. There are a bunch of tense moments and a couple of good jump scared in this. One kill scene was pretty danm shocking. Only downside is you know what is going to happen in the end.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

daredevil wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 7:15pm
The Invisable Man (2020) Cecilia (Elizabeth Moss) escapes an abusive relationship and hides at a friends house. She becomes so paranoid she fears going outside until her sister brings news that the boyfriend has killed himself. Slowly she gains her confidence, but again fears for her life as
strange things start to happen. There are a bunch of tense moments and a couple of good jump scared in this. One kill scene was pretty danm shocking. Only downside is you know what is going to happen in the end.
I just don't like that Mad Men lady. I'll see the movie when it comes to home vid.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I'm excited as hell for Antebellum.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Silent Majority wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 2:20pm
"Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no antebellum"

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

tepista wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 2:01pm
daredevil wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 7:15pm
I just don't like that Mad Men lady. I'll see the movie when it comes to home vid.
Its making great ticket sales, but I'm thinking if it had Scarlet Johanssen, or other higher profile star in the lead, the box office would've been double or triple by now. There was a short scene where it almost clarified why this billionare guy was attracted to a plain Jane type, but it didn't follow through.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 2:42pm
Silent Majority wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 2:20pm
"Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no antebellum"

Hee!