movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 12:04pm
Have a Nice Funeral, My Friend… Sartana will Pay (1970) Gianni Garko reprises his role as the bounty hunter in black in this 4th film of the series, after being recast in the 3rd to go for a more comical approach. Well Sartana is protecting a young woman from getting fleeced over her land by a crooked banker and his lackey sheriff. There’s a lot less killings in this one, though Sartana does add card throwing like ninja stars to his repertoire in this one. I think the whole spaghetti western genre was dying a slow painful death by this time. Great title, though.
It doesn't matter how good the movie is, it would always be less than that title.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I have my own batch of blurbs coming up soon-ish, but I'm following tep on his sartana watches and god are those titles great. Not all the movies could possibly live up to those titles, but most of of them come admirably close.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 12:27pm
I have my own batch of blurbs coming up soon-ish, but I'm following tep on his sartana watches and god are those titles great. Not all the movies could possibly live up to those titles, but most of of them come admirably close.
The most charming thing about Italy is their full-sentence approach to naming movies.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 12:16pm

The Devils (1971) Ken Russel’s infamously banned, and censored masterwork about a whore-mongering priest (Oliver Reed) and a hunchback nun (Vanessa Redgrave) who falsely accuses him of witchcraft, resulting in a prosecution by a corrupt state who’s intent is to take his previously protected city. So glad to finally scratch this off my list.
But was it any good? No mention of blood or nudity.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
05 May 2022, 5:37pm
tepista wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 12:16pm

The Devils (1971) Ken Russel’s infamously banned, and censored masterwork about a whore-mongering priest (Oliver Reed) and a hunchback nun (Vanessa Redgrave) who falsely accuses him of witchcraft, resulting in a prosecution by a corrupt state who’s intent is to take his previously protected city. So glad to finally scratch this off my list.
But was it any good? No mention of blood or nudity.
it's spectacular. I think there's a bit of each.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In our house, flipping thru channels, we notice Shawshank is on.
Me: A nice Mother's Day film. Has Andy been raped yet?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2022, 3:39pm
Always a mother's happiest moment.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 May 2022, 5:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2022, 3:39pm
Always a mother's happiest moment.
Trailed only by giving away a momma cat's kittens.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I can't watch anything with Kristen Stewart in it.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
12 May 2022, 8:50am
I have that affliction too but it also includes Tom Cruise, Leonardo Dicaprio and some others that escape me.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
12 May 2022, 9:32am
Mimi wrote:
I have that affliction too but it also includes Tom Cruise, Leonardo Dicaprio and some others that escape me.
Tom Cruise, yep.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I used to piss off friends with my various rules for movies I wouldn’t see because of actors. Tom Cruise was definitely one. I’m blanking on the others, but I know I was someone who made things tough for others.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2022, 10:01am
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I used to piss off friends with my various rules for movies I wouldn’t see because of actors. Tom Cruise was definitely one. I’m blanking on the others, but I know I was someone who made things tough for others.
People look at me incredulously when I say no I haven't seen X because Tom Cruise is in it. I also get odd looks when I say no I haven't seen Forrest Gump because the hype that surrounded the movie prevented me from seeing it.

Also hearing that Mimi and Doc have these rules makes me sure Im in the right place.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
12 May 2022, 10:09am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2022, 10:01am
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
People look at me incredulously when I say no I haven't seen X because Tom Cruise is in it. I also get odd looks when I say no I haven't seen Forrest Gump because the hype that surrounded the movie prevented me from seeing it.

Also hearing that Mimi and Doc have these rules makes me sure Im in the right place.
One of us, one of us, we accept you.