movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 8:50am
Dances With Wolves beat that for Best Picture. :ohboy:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 9:36am
revbob wrote:
The fix was in, Costner is part of the conservative Hollywood elite.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 10:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
That looks more like a fan made trailer, not "official", but that's my only problem. I'll dig this up to watch and review very soon.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 1:53pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
That looks more like a fan made trailer, not "official", but that's my only problem. I'll dig this up to watch and review very soon.
Shakma is on Tubi. free with ads. I will watch within a week or 2, if not sooner.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 1:02pm
tepista wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 1:53pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Shakma is on Tubi. free with ads. I will watch within a week or 2, if not sooner.
Thanks for the tip

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ben Affleck's a legit lousy actor, right? I like a number of movies he did in the 90s, but for the last 20 years or so, whenever I see him in a movie I'm honestly incredulous that he gets starring roles. He exudes joylessness and seems incapable of any other emotion.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 4:09pm
Ben Affleck's a legit lousy actor, right? I like a number of movies he did in the 90s, but for the last 20 years or so, whenever I see him in a movie I'm honestly incredulous that he gets starring roles. He exudes joylessness and seems incapable of any other emotion.
Huge pile of crap.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I haven't watched this in years but it does often hit the mark.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 5:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I thought he was good in Chasing Amy but that's about it. I think he'd much prefer to direct these days and takes acting jobs to pay the bills or whatever.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 5:37pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I thought he was good in Chasing Amy but that's about it. I think he'd much prefer to direct these days and takes acting jobs to pay the bills or whatever.
Never saw Chasing Amy. I liked him fine in Dogma. I cant think of any really memorable role Ive seen him in. But maybe I don't get out much.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 6:06pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Never saw Chasing Amy. I liked him fine in Dogma. I cant think of any really memorable role Ive seen him in. But maybe I don't get out much.
Chasing Amy is Kevin Smith's high water mark. I'm also good with Affleck in Good Will Hunting and Dazed and Confused (as well as Dogma and Mallrats).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 6:09pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Chasing Amy is Kevin Smith's high water mark. I'm also good with Affleck in Good Will Hunting and Dazed and Confused (as well as Dogma and Mallrats).
Dont recall him in those. But what Kory says makes sense.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:

Small role in Dazed and Confused. He's one of the pricks trying to paddle the one kid. In Mallrats, he's the prick menswear sales guy who's stealing Shannen Doherty from Jason Lee. He also has a blink-and-you-miss-him role in School Ties.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 6:35pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:

Small role in Dazed and Confused. He's one of the pricks trying to paddle the one kid. In Mallrats, he's the prick menswear sales guy who's stealing Shannen Doherty from Jason Lee. He also has a blink-and-you-miss-him role in School Ties.
His best roles, because he was playing himself.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 12:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 6:35pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

His best roles, because he was playing himself.
Ya kinda wonder, eh?