movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: movies

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 10:20am
Tep has Alucarda ever been on your viewing list?
Not only has it been on my viewing list, it was the outgoing message on my answering machine once upon a time.

Alucarda (1978) low budget Mexican horror about two (often naked) cuties in an orphanage who renounce Jesus and embrace Satan (my kinda chicks) to the dismay of a bunch of nuns, who bleed, catch fire and and get chopped up with an axe. Some priceless blasphemy dialog and nearly non-stop screaming throughout, My wife thought it sucked.

That review was from 2008, about time I check it again!

edit* I'm actually surprised that my review didn't mention that its American VHS title in the 80s was Innocents From Hell, I need to rewatch it so I can re-review it

edit 2*And i didn't use the word "nunsploitation"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

That sounds like my kinda film! it's available to stream
https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/innocents-from-hell

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 11:08am
revbob wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 10:20am
Tep has Alucarda ever been on your viewing list?
Not only has it been on my viewing list, it was the outgoing message on my answering machine once upon a time.

Alucarda (1978) low budget Mexican horror about two (often naked) cuties in an orphanage who renounce Jesus and embrace Satan (my kinda chicks) to the dismay of a bunch of nuns, who bleed, catch fire and and get chopped up with an axe. Some priceless blasphemy dialog and nearly non-stop screaming throughout, My wife thought it sucked.

That review was from 2008, about time I check it again!

edit* I'm actually surprised that my review didn't mention that its American VHS title in the 80s was Innocents From Hell, I need to rewatch it so I can re-review it

edit 2*And i didn't use the word "nunsploitation"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070636/

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

here's my old review for that

Satanico Pandemonium aka La Sexorcista (1975) Love the title, both of them. Mexican Nunsploitation about a nun in the 1600s who represses her sexual thoughts bu cutting and whipping herself. She fucks another nun, then a dude that turns into Lucifer, then she kills some other nuns, rapes a 14 year old boy, stabs the shit outta him, sets his grandma on fire, then kills some more nuns, all in the name of Satan. Had a fun twist at the end. Lots of nudity. The main nun had a flat butt for a Mexican chick. I looked up the director, he made 161 movies from 1939 - 1996! Boring at times, but the action sequences were good. A similar but better movie was Alucarda (1978) also from Mexico.

here's some fun trivia, the Salma Hayak characterin Duck til Dawn was Santanico Pandimonium

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Tep might appreciate this.
Screenshot_20211102-201857_Instagram.jpg

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
02 Nov 2021, 8:50pm
Tep might appreciate this. Screenshot_20211102-201857_Instagram.jpg
:lol: :lol:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I do not remember this

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 5:45pm

I do not remember this
I've never heard of it, but it sounds like a knock 'em around laugh riot!
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 6:05pm
tepista wrote:

I do not remember this
It was the comedy caper of the year it was.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 7:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 6:05pm
tepista wrote:

I do not remember this
It was the comedy caper of the year it was.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Halloween Kills (2021) Internet buzz gave me low expectations but I had fun with it despite its problems. Looks like the teenage grand daughter may have outgrew her character in the three years off! Better film that next one quick!

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021) The 3rd in the franchise is directed by the guy who did the awful Curse of La Llorona movie, and has the Warrens help a murder defendant plead possession in court in 1981. Not very interesting, I think it’s time to lock the Conjuring series in a glass case the Warren’s basement.

the rest are repeats:

Hausu aka House (1977) Insane, Japanese cult favorite about 7 schoolgirls visiting an aunt, and being devoured by the weird mansion that they stay in. It starts out like a cartoonish comedy, and keeps the colorful fantasy-like feel all the way though, but some very weird and violent special effects are well worth a watch, even if this weirdness isn’t up your alley. The girls were all pretty cute, and had fun names that match their personalities (Gorgeous, Fantasy, Kung Fu, etc). Some surprise nudity near the end too.

Sorority House Massacre (1986) A former murder house is now a sorority house and one of the sisters is having premonitions that the killer is returning. He is. Not great, but watchable, and most of the cute girls undress. Under 80 minutes.

Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979) Werner Herzog’s fantastic adaptation of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, with Klaus Kinski in the vampire makeup made famous in the 1922 version of Nosferatu. The hideous Count leaves Transylvania for the city, and brings death, plague and thousands of rats with him. Isabelle Adjani (Possession) plays Lucy, Harker’s wife, as there was no Mina in this version. The cinematography is outstanding, the orchestral score is mesmerizing, the whole movie is like a work of art in motion. Very little blood, and much of the violence is off camera, but there are not a lot of horror movies like this one.

Byzantium (2012) Two vampire “sisters” make ends meet for the last 200 years as the old one turns tricks to support and protect the younger one. Their back story is slowly revealed through storytelling and flashbacks. Directed by Neil Jordan (The Crying Game, Interview with a Vampire). Gemma Atrerton was a pleasure to look at as the older of the two, and Caleb Landry as a busboy who takes interest in the younger one. I liked this a lot.

Count Dracula (1970) Christopher Lee plays Dracula for Jess Franco in his faithful adaption of Bram Stoker’s novel. Klaus Kinski is the fly-eating Renfield, Herbert Lom Professor Van Helsing and the beautiful Soledad Miranda is the ill-fated Lucy. See Dracula’s mustache and hair gradually go from white to black as he feeds. Certainly one of Franco’s best.

Trick ‘r Treat (2007) Four interwoven stories on Halloween night in small town Ohio. A grade-school principal has a secret life as a killer, sexy college students seek dates for a Halloween party, a group of kids play a practical joke, and a mean old man deals with a vicious child intruder with a pumpkin head! All of the stories are entertaining, and Anna Paquin (True Blood, X-Men) was one of the college girls. The kids story was probably the best, as it included a flashback of the towns dirty little secret; the “disposal” of the town’s special needs children, dressed in creepy old-timey costumes. Nice and tight at 82 minutes, the film never drags, this is an instant yearly classic. Worth multiple viewings.

Out of the Dark (1988) Fun slasher about the girls of a phone sex company being stalked and killed by a killer in a clown mask. Loaded cast includes Karen Black (Trilogy of Terror) as the owner of the phone sex company, Bud Court (Harold & Maude) as the creepy guy down the hall and Geoffrey Lewis (any number of Clint Eastwood movies) as a jilted photographer. In smaller roles are Paul Bartel (who produced this), Tab Hunter, and his last role, Lanie Kazan, and the great Divine (this was his last role, and not Hairspray). What was this, a Lust in the Dust reunion? No shortage of pretty girls or nudity either. Find this one if you can.

Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966) Christopher Lee reprises the role of Dracula for Hammer Films after 8 years. Two stranded couples are taken into Castle Dracula, and a servant ties one of the men up and bleeds him into the Count's ashes to revive him. Barbara Shelley spends the whole first half being an uptight bitch who's afraid of everything. I guess she was right though, she was one of the first to go. Once she was transformed, she really shined as a vamp chick. Christopher Lee had no dialog in this one, but was very menacing with his bloodshot eyes. Lee and Shelly would co-star in Rasputin in their very next film.

Jason X (2001) Jason Voorhees, now imprisoned in a study lab, escapes, kills nearly everyone and is cryogenically frozen along with a pretty doctor who was about a split second from death herself. Fast-forward over 400 years in the future, a spaceship salvages the two frozen bodies and transports them to Earth 2 (1 is no longer inhabitable) but manage to unfreeze the bodies on the way and the carnage continues. Arguably the best kill in the series occurs here where Jason sticks a girl’s head in a sink of liquid nitrogen then smashes it like a bloody ice cube. Jason also fights a sexy cyborg and a team of space commandos, and gives a brutal sleeping bag beating to promiscuous teens in a hologram. Lexa Doig is one of the more memorable final girls, and this entry was one of the more entertaining entries in the bunch.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 11:52am
Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979) Werner Herzog’s fantastic adaptation of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, with Klaus Kinski in the vampire makeup made famous in the 1922 version of Nosferatu. The hideous Count leaves Transylvania for the city, and brings death, plague and thousands of rats with him. Isabelle Adjani (Possession) plays Lucy, Harker’s wife, as there was no Mina in this version. The cinematography is outstanding, the orchestral score is mesmerizing, the whole movie is like a work of art in motion. Very little blood, and much of the violence is off camera, but there are not a lot of horror movies like this one.
I rewatched this a couple weeks ago and was not impressed by the soundtrack. I thought it was a little corny considering the subject matter, especially the scenes where Harker is traveling to the castle. I'd like to see the movie rescored with a lot more abstract strings.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kory wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 4:13pm
tepista wrote:
I rewatched this a couple weeks ago and was not impressed by the soundtrack. I thought it was a little corny considering the subject matter, especially the scenes where Harker is traveling to the castle. I'd like to see the movie rescored with a lot more abstract strings.
I liked the rats

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 4:55pm
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:
I liked the rats
Of course, that was the high point. Who doesn't like rats?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 6:02pm
tepista wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 4:55pm
Kory wrote:
tepista wrote:
I liked the rats
Of course, that was the high point. Who doesn't like Ratt?