movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: movies

Post by tepista »

matedog wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 8:19pm
Kory wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 4:11pm
tepista wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 3:50pm
matedog wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 3:22pm
So I'm basically home alone saturday night. What's a great scary movie that came out in the last year or two that I should watch? Wife is busy so gore is not an issue.
I though Color Out of Space was really good. The Hunt was fun. Everyone who's seen Ready or Not seems to love it.
I'll add a second vote for Color Out of Space. Also, if you are a fan of over the top Cage performances, Mandy would fit the bill as well, although it's a bit older. It's got a bit of Evil Dead vibe so it's funny and "scary."
Ended up skipping on this after finishing Lovecraft Country and not being out for more Lovecraftian stuff. Was rushed for time and watched Creep 2 which was solid.
Ooh, I obtained the last 4 eps of Lovecraft Country and looking forward to finishing it. The last one I saw was with the hot Korean sex monster, I thought that was the best one of the series so far.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 1:45pm
matedog wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 8:19pm
Kory wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 4:11pm
tepista wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 3:50pm
matedog wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 3:22pm
So I'm basically home alone saturday night. What's a great scary movie that came out in the last year or two that I should watch? Wife is busy so gore is not an issue.
I though Color Out of Space was really good. The Hunt was fun. Everyone who's seen Ready or Not seems to love it.
I'll add a second vote for Color Out of Space. Also, if you are a fan of over the top Cage performances, Mandy would fit the bill as well, although it's a bit older. It's got a bit of Evil Dead vibe so it's funny and "scary."
Ended up skipping on this after finishing Lovecraft Country and not being out for more Lovecraftian stuff. Was rushed for time and watched Creep 2 which was solid.
Ooh, I obtained the last 4 eps of Lovecraft Country and looking forward to finishing it. The last one I saw was with the hot Korean sex monster, I thought that was the best one of the series so far.
It was really up and down for me. That part was great as are the creepy girls who I don't think you've seen yet.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Amityville Horror is on AMC right now. Completely failed to persuade the Boss to watch with my description of "James Brolin with curly hair." Oh well. Still, it's not very good.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 7:12pm
The Amityville Horror is on AMC right now. Completely failed to persuade the Boss to watch with my description of "James Brolin with curly hair." Oh well. Still, it's not very good.
Our bedroom was red for ten years and I called it the Amityville Horror basement. We just painted it pink a few months ago, much less hectic.
Anyway, watch Amityville 2, it's way better. And make sure you get an R rated version cuz Diane Franklin takes her top off.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 7:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Our bedroom was red for ten years and I called it the Amityville Horror basement. We just painted it pink a few months ago, much less hectic.
Whenever we've gone house hunting, every place we'd look at we'd search for the likely red room. Our first realtor got into it with us—she was a lot of fun—the second had no fucking clue what the hell we were doing.
Anyway, watch Amityville 2, it's way better. And make sure you get an R rated version cuz Diane Franklin takes her top off.
I don't think I've seen that one. Have you seen My Amityville Horror. It's a documentary (maybe ten years old?) about one of the kids who basically asserts that the whole thing is true, but it's apparent he's a deeply fucked up guy. Uncomfortable seeing such a messed up guy assert his delusions.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 7:33pm

I don't think I've seen that one. Have you seen My Amityville Horror. It's a documentary (maybe ten years old?) about one of the kids who basically asserts that the whole thing is true, but it's apparent he's a deeply fucked up guy. Uncomfortable seeing such a messed up guy assert his delusions.
I might be interetsed, i have a love/hate relationship with documenteries. Mainly I have a problem with stretching a half hour or hour story into a feature length film. I cant stand those 10 part HBO killer documentaries, get to the fucking point.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 7:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 7:33pm

I might be interetsed, i have a love/hate relationship with documenteries. Mainly I have a problem with stretching a half hour or hour story into a feature length film. I cant stand those 10 part HBO killer documentaries, get to the fucking point.
It's been awhile since I watched it, but I don't recall it being dragged out. It's mainly just sad that a guy with real psychological problems continues to cling to a bullshit story about demons.

Fun story from me as a nervous kid: I had a battery charger as a kid that could charge two sets of AAs at a time. Each set charging would trigger a red LED on the charger. Two sets, two red LEDS. I woke up in the middle of the night and say those glowing red lights and thought, "Jodie the pig!" I had a hard time falling to sleep again. In retrospect, yeah, I was a really nervous kid.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 2:17pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That is indeed the scene of which I speak.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 2:19pm
revbob wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 2:17pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That is indeed the scene of which I speak.
I went with the SFW version

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Tep, any info on this?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 10:06pm
Tep, any info on this?

Made fro TV and has Patty Duke. I saw it ages ago, I would watch it again, but of memory serves it's bad. But I love Patty Duke.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You ever watch this guy? I'm not nearly a horror afficianado as you, but I find them entertaining. Apparently the Amityville series gets REAL bad.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I don't really get in to following youtubers and podcasters. In fact my next one would be my first.