movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4661
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by daredevil » 16 Feb 2019, 1:34pm

I really liked [Glass (2019)] too. It was a great way to end the trilogy.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34026
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: movies

Post by tepista » 16 Feb 2019, 8:34pm

Silent Majority wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 5:00am
I liked Ghost Stories a lot myself
I wonder if the Britishness turned me off? It shouldn't but ya never know
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34026
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: movies

Post by tepista » 16 Feb 2019, 8:35pm

daredevil wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 1:34pm
I really liked [Glass (2019)] too. It was a great way to end the trilogy.
Yeah, Shamalan has been on a little roll since some of his early duds. The Visit was good too.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34026
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: movies

Post by tepista » 18 Feb 2019, 1:05pm

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34026
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: movies

Post by tepista » 20 Feb 2019, 8:50pm

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43306
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: movies

Post by Marky Dread » 20 Feb 2019, 10:39pm

tepista wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 8:50pm
Image
What about an evil witch with two faces?
Image
Image

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4661
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by daredevil » 24 Feb 2019, 7:50pm

Alita -Battle Angel (2019) - A doctor (Christopher Waltz) finds pieces of a female robot and decides to bring it back to life. As the story unfolds the past of the robot (Alita) and the doctor is revealed. Lots of bad reviews from critics, but it's really good imo. The city scenes are in the style of the 5th element. Loved Jeff Fahey's cameo.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34026
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: movies

Post by tepista » 24 Feb 2019, 9:18pm

daredevil wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 7:50pm
Alita -Battle Angel (2019) - A doctor (Christopher Waltz) finds pieces of a female robot and decides to bring it back to life. As the story unfolds the past of the robot (Alita) and the doctor is revealed. Lots of bad reviews from critics, but it's really good imo. The city scenes are in the style of the 5th element. Loved Jeff Fahey's cameo.
The big eyes is what's keeping me away
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9562
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: movies

Post by revbob » 24 Feb 2019, 9:30pm

tepista wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 9:18pm
daredevil wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 7:50pm
Alita -Battle Angel (2019) - A doctor (Christopher Waltz) finds pieces of a female robot and decides to bring it back to life. As the story unfolds the past of the robot (Alita) and the doctor is revealed. Lots of bad reviews from critics, but it's really good imo. The city scenes are in the style of the 5th element. Loved Jeff Fahey's cameo.
The big eyes is what's keeping me away
This.

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4661
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by daredevil » 24 Feb 2019, 10:01pm

revbob wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 9:30pm
tepista wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 9:18pm
daredevil wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 7:50pm
Alita -Battle Angel (2019) - A doctor (Christopher Waltz) finds pieces of a female robot and decides to bring it back to life. As the story unfolds the past of the robot (Alita) and the doctor is revealed. Lots of bad reviews from critics, but it's really good imo. The city scenes are in the style of the 5th element. Loved Jeff Fahey's cameo.
The big eyes is what's keeping me away
This.
I know. I was thinking about waiting for TV or cable. Its a distraction, but you get used to it.

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5837
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: movies

Post by Mimi » 25 Feb 2019, 8:23am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 8:01pm
The Boss has dialed up the 1976 version of A Star is Born. I will never ever gain the insight to understand Barbra Streisand's appeal.
What is it with that movie that they keep remaking it? Gah! Just stop already.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43306
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: movies

Post by Marky Dread » 25 Feb 2019, 8:47am

Mimi wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 8:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 8:01pm
The Boss has dialed up the 1976 version of A Star is Born. I will never ever gain the insight to understand Barbra Streisand's appeal.
What is it with that movie that they keep remaking it? Gah! Just stop already.
I'm with Mimi.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84243
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Feb 2019, 9:23am

Mimi wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 8:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 8:01pm
The Boss has dialed up the 1976 version of A Star is Born. I will never ever gain the insight to understand Barbra Streisand's appeal.
What is it with that movie that they keep remaking it? Gah! Just stop already.
Because stars need to keep being born. Otherwise there'll be no stars. They'll be extinct. Is that what you want? The extinction of stars!?
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43306
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: movies

Post by Marky Dread » 25 Feb 2019, 10:16am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 9:23am
Mimi wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 8:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 8:01pm
The Boss has dialed up the 1976 version of A Star is Born. I will never ever gain the insight to understand Barbra Streisand's appeal.
What is it with that movie that they keep remaking it? Gah! Just stop already.
Because stars need to keep being born. Otherwise there'll be no stars. They'll be extinct. Is that what you want? The extinction of stars!?
Define stars?
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84243
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Feb 2019, 10:19am

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 10:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 9:23am
Mimi wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 8:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 8:01pm
The Boss has dialed up the 1976 version of A Star is Born. I will never ever gain the insight to understand Barbra Streisand's appeal.
What is it with that movie that they keep remaking it? Gah! Just stop already.
Because stars need to keep being born. Otherwise there'll be no stars. They'll be extinct. Is that what you want? The extinction of stars!?
Define stars?
The people who twinkle and glow and who will surely ascend to heaven to sit with Jesus in judgement of all humanity for all time. Like Rob schneider and Tim Allen.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests