The IMCT Travel/Suggestions Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: The IMCT Travel/Suggestions Thread

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:Is it just me or does one of the girls Hoy is macking on seem a bit..."Asiatic?"
Maybe so, but she sure does seem a bit....bored.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:Is it just me or does one of the girls Hoy is macking on seem a bit..."Asiatic?"
And who is the "Swarthy Hoy" sitting behind the blond?
Haha, he's your people.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Will be over in the US in a couple of months visiting family in PA and have stupidly agreed to visit my kid brother in Orlando while I'm over, probably visit for a couple of days before I head north to PA. I don't drive, I don't want to take a bus as I've done that before across the States and as interesting as it was I'm in no hurry to repeat the experience, I'd rather not fly as I'll be doing enough of that as it is........So, that leaves the train, Orlando to New York, what's AMTRAK like?, is it worth getting a sleeping berth?, can I have a sneaky ciggy/spliff without setting off alarms?, is the bar open 24 hours?, will the train be full of loonies?, is there anywhere in-between that's worth a stopover? Any tips.....?
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

i doubt the bar is open 24 hrs, even though I don't know that for a fact. bring a bottle in your coat pocket.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:Will be over in the US in a couple of months visiting family in PA and have stupidly agreed to visit my kid brother in Orlando while I'm over, probably visit for a couple of days before I head north to PA. I don't drive, I don't want to take a bus as I've done that before across the States and as interesting as it was I'm in no hurry to repeat the experience, I'd rather not fly as I'll be doing enough of that as it is........So, that leaves the train, Orlando to New York, what's AMTRAK like?, is it worth getting a sleeping berth?, can I have a sneaky ciggy/spliff without setting off alarms?, is the bar open 24 hours?, will the train be full of loonies?, is there anywhere in-between that's worth a stopover? Any tips.....?
You've seen the films where they climb on to the roof of the train, that's where you can spliff up. Just watch out for swarthy-looking acrobatic stuntmen.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

tepista wrote:i doubt the bar is open 24 hrs, even though I don't know that for a fact. bring a bottle in your coat pocket.
Oh, I'll be carrying all my goodies with me, made the schoolboy error of packing all my "medication" in my case when I went from Scranton to Vegas on the bus, got to Pittsburgh and thought I'd grab something out of the case and the Bus Driver basically told me to fuck off, "Your case might not even be on this bus, you'll get it back in Vegas"..
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Change of plan, after much thought will be visiting PA before Florida, my Brother is married to a right moody old bag and I'll need to be perpetually stoned to put up with her crap while visiting them, so will need to load up in PA before catching the Train down. Had a bit of a nose about and I can catch the grandly named Silver Meteor from New York to Orlando, train looks like something out of Thomas the Tank engine, no wonder it takes 31 bleedin' hours... :mrgreen:

Can't wait to get wankered in the sun lounge car though..Looks rockin'...

Taking my pro-smoking on transport ideals to a possibly new all time stupid level I've looked into the idea of a transatlantic cruise across rather than flying, I'm severly tempted, wonder if I can get a standby cruise on the Queen Mary 2....

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Trip was delayed due to a few things I had to sort out, now ready to go. My US passport has expired so I thought I'd fly out on my UK one and get it renewed when I'm over, phoned the embassy to see if this was ok, I was told it's very not ok and I'd have to make an appointment to renew it at the embassy.

Getting into the Embassy took 30 minutes, place is like Fort Knox nowadays, metal detectors, various identity checks, full pat-downs etc. The guy interviewing me got very stern looking while leafing through my UK passport...."Mr ******* do you realise you've been breaking the law every time you've entered and exited the US on your British passport...?" I said that I hadn't realised this was against the law and he told me ignorance was no excuse but I must never ever do it again or I'd be in big trouble....

Passport will take 10 days or so to be renewed and returned from the States....So, early December has been penciled in for blast off :mrgreen:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Are you taking the cruise over ?
Last time I travelled from NZ to UK I left on my NZ passport but when I got to Heathrow I used my UK passport to avoid having to queue etc..caused much alarm as apparently I was still in the UK from my last visit and Mr 101Walterton was lost in airspace- just shows Big Brother is watching.

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

When I travelled to the US using my Brit passport it was always with short notice, a death in the family etc, after 9/11 renewing my US passport was not an option i had at the time, it's at least a two week process....As a US national It's illeagle to enter using a passport from another nation, I've done it 3 times and they never had a bloody clue until I tried to renew this week....Good job I'm not a fundelmentalist muslim or a mad republican Paddy... :mrgreen:

Cruise at this time of year? ......Fuckin' expensive...Xmas bollocks :(

Heston

Post by Heston »

All my papers are in order for getting into the the States, hopefully next year. Don't forget Wolt, I'm fucking hunting you down like the Soft Rock Gazelle that you are.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:All my papers are in order for getting into the the States, hopefully next year. Don't forget Wolt, I'm fucking hunting you down like the Soft Rock Gazelle that you are.
Your mutually assured destruction will inspire songs and celebration.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Heston wrote:All my papers are in order for getting into the the States, hopefully next year. Don't forget Wolt, I'm fucking hunting you down like the Soft Rock Gazelle that you are.
He won't be difficult to track down, just need to check out a few Chicago McDonald's branches when a McRib promotion is on ;)

What part of the US will you be visiting during your trip?

Checking out flights at the minute, I want a single to NY, Newark or Philly, you'd have thought it would be a lot cheaper than a return but oh no the robbing bastards want practically the same amount....Wankers :angry:

Heston

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:
He won't be difficult to track down, just need to check out a few Chicago McDonald's branches when a McRib promotion is on ;)

Checking out flights at the minute, I want a single to NY, Newark or Philly, you'd have thought it would be a lot cheaper than a return but oh no the robbing bastards want practically the same amount....Wankers :angry:
Me and the Mrs are thinking of doing a cruise, maybe Caribbean or East coast. Might have to wait til 2012 though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:

Me and the Mrs are thinking of doing a cruise, maybe Caribbean or East coast. Might have to wait til 2012 though.
Heston and Hoy finally meet …
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft