The IMCT Travel/Suggestions Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The IMCT Travel/Suggestions Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 10:38am
Sorry it was such a stressful process, Doc. That really stinks. Hoping things can get better now. It sounds like the whole situation was no-win.
And that's the dumb thing about it—it should have been win-win. Either way, B and I were both going to be more secure in our employment and the household income increasing by a decent chunk. But the conflict between work and life, and my own … peculiarities … turned it into a situation where misgivings and, in my case, guilt would become prominent. So, fudge.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 10:56am
JennyB wrote:
Sorry it was such a stressful process, Doc. That really stinks. Hoping things can get better now. It sounds like the whole situation was no-win.
And that's the dumb thing about it—it should have been win-win. Either way, B and I were both going to be more secure in our employment and the household income increasing by a decent chunk. But the conflict between work and life, and my own … peculiarities … turned it into a situation where misgivings and, in my case, guilt would become prominent. So, fudge.
Anxiety is a heartless bitch.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 10:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
But she's my oldest, most trusted companion and adviser!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
and my own … peculiarities …
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 11:01am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Oh man. This hits close to home. Especially the whole...needing to do things outside of the house...
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Oh man. This hits close to home. Especially the whole...needing to do things outside of the house...
I told the Boss that it can't be an accident that most of my friends have anxiety issues. Weirdos just understand each other.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:18pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I told the Boss that it can't be an accident that most of my friends have anxiety issues. Weirdos just understand each other.
Every time Ali wants me to do something social, I always want to ask "you do know how this will end, right?"
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I'm in the same boat but I guess my wife is still young enough to put up with it. A few more years, and we'll see...sorry about the stress, Doc. I suggest taking more drugs (kratom, pills, etc make me more effortlessly social) when these things come up. You can hold up your end of the bargain but not sober!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Every time Ali wants me to do something social, I always want to ask "you do know how this will end, right?"
Scott thinks it's strange that I would rather stay at home and watch tv than go out.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Which is why B always asks me with the option, "but you don't have to come if you don't want to." But I agreed to make a greater effort going forward.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 2:54pm
I'm in the same boat but I guess my wife is still young enough to put up with it. A few more years, and we'll see...sorry about the stress, Doc. I suggest taking more drugs (kratom, pills, etc make me more effortlessly social) when these things come up. You can hold up your end of the bargain but not sober!
IMCT after school special of the day: do drugs, kids.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
The two big glasses of wine I have in the evening are, no lie, medicinal. I don't *need* it, but, man, I enjoy the relaxing effect it has.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:29pm
Kory wrote:
The two big glasses of wine I have in the evening are, no lie, medicinal. I don't *need* it, but, man, I enjoy the relaxing effect it has.
Yup yup yup.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:29pm
Kory wrote:
This for me, too. Also, bourbon.

Slightly serious question Doc - how do you manage anxiety in relation to teaching? Do you approach teaching as a performance (like, playing the role of a teacher) to give you some distance, or something else?
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/