Today I learned …

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… in 1992, as Riot Grrrl reached its mainstream media peak (and the group decided to shun the media because of its predatory distortions), Disney contacted them, interested in making a cartoon called Riot Grrrl. There has to be a German word for being simultaneously disgusted yet sad that that same something didn't happen.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 1:38pm
… in 1992, as Riot Grrrl reached its mainstream media peak (and the group decided to shun the media because of its predatory distortions), Disney contacted them, interested in making a cartoon called Riot Grrrl. There has to be a German word for being simultaneously disgusted yet sad that that same something didn't happen.
I believe that’s the Jodorowsky’s Dune Paradox.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 1:38pm
And they fight crime and castrate rapists in public during their shows.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 2:03pm
I believe that’s the Jodorowsky’s Dune Paradox.
Isn't that the ELP box set?
revbob wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 2:26pm
And they fight crime and castrate rapists in public during their shows.
That's the thing—my mind went into overdrive thinking about what could be done with a RG cartoon. Somewhere between the Monkees and Scooby Doo. "And we would have shut down this Planned Parenthood clinic if not for those meddling Riot Grrrls!" Cut to an animated Bratmobile playing "Fuck Yr Fans."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… that it was North American indigenous people, not French Canadians, who first made maple syrup from maple tree sap.

Okay, I didn't learn this, but a grad student did in a class that the Boss is teaching. Imagine being in your 20s, educated, and living in maple syrup country and not knowing something like that. I think the Boss wants to start drinking at school.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 9:17am
… that it was North American indigenous people, not French Canadians, who first made maple syrup from maple tree sap.

Okay, I didn't learn this, but a grad student did in a class that the Boss is teaching. Imagine being in your 20s, educated, and living in maple syrup country and not knowing something like that. I think the Boss wants to start drinking at school.
So you actually learned that some dumb shit in your wife's class had no clue.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 11:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2019, 9:17am

So you actually learned that some dumb shit in your wife's class had no clue.
Less learned in that case than confirmed.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… that Priscilla Barnes, the last of the blonde roommates on Three's Company, was a Penthouse Pet in the 1970s. Also, they sure loved soft-focus photography back then.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 4:32pm
… that Priscilla Barnes, the last of the blonde roommates on Three's Company, was a Penthouse Pet in the 1970s. Also, they sure loved soft-focus photography back then.
I've seen her tits in a few movies, Tintorera (1977), in fact she was sitting directly in front of me at the screening. Then again in Devil's Rejects (2005), I just watched thata few days ago.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 4:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've seen her tits in a few movies, Tintorera (1977), in fact she was sitting directly in front of me at the screening. Then again in Devil's Rejects (2005), I just watched thata few days ago.
Also in Mallrats.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I think she may have been my least favorite. I wasn't a big Suzanne Sommers fan either. My teen hormones raged for Joyce DeWitt.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 8:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I think she may have been my least favorite. I wasn't a big Suzanne Sommers fan either. My teen hormones raged for Joyce DeWitt.
I know I watched the show at the time, but I remember so little of it besides Norman Fell grinning at the camera and Don Knotts' lemur eyes.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 9:02pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I know I watched the show at the time, but I remember so little of it besides Norman Fell grinning at the camera and Don Knotts' lemur eyes.
That and bouncy boobs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 9:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That and bouncy boobs.
I associate that with Charlie's Angels. “This week, Angels, you're going undercover at a trampoline and hot pants factory.”

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 9:35pm
revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 9:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That and bouncy boobs.
I associate that with Charlie's Angels. “This week, Angels, you're going undercover at a trampoline and hot pants factory.”
Talk about must see TV.