Today I learned …

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Flex »

Huh, that's fascinating. Also, that original Rockwell version is very badass.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Stupid male gaze.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Based on this.
Attachments
Michaelangelo-Isaiah.jpg
Michaelangelo-Isaiah.jpg (138.96 KiB) Viewed 4409 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Lenin's English language teacher was Irish, so he learned to speak English with an Irish inflection [insert Vodka/potato joke to your liking].
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 May 2021, 12:41pm
Based on this.
Glad I saw this because I was about to say the same.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 May 2021, 8:04pm
… Lenin's English language teacher was Irish, so he learned to speak English with an Irish inflection [insert Vodka/potato joke to your liking].
I’m not fluent by any means, but my high school Spanish teacher learned Spanish from a Catalan man, so I often accidentally say the “ll” sound like a slurred “j” instead of a “y” to this day. (It’s sort of halfway between an “sh” and a “j” but I cannot write it so that makes sense without saying it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
29 May 2021, 8:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I’m not fluent by any means, but my high school Spanish teacher learned Spanish from a Catalan man, so I often accidentally say the “ll” sound like a slurred “j” instead of a “y” to this day. (It’s sort of halfway between an “sh” and a “j” but I cannot write it so that makes sense without saying it.
Is it not "zh?"
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
30 May 2021, 4:43pm
Wolter wrote:
29 May 2021, 8:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is it not "zh?"
MAYBE, I DON'T KNOW

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Barry "Ballad of the Green Berets" Sadler's life had some unexpected turns and results. Per Wikipedia:
On December 1, 1978, at about 11 p.m., Sadler killed a country music songwriter named Lee Emerson Bellamy with one gunshot to the head. The shooting was the culmination of a month-long dispute the men had concerning Darlene Sharpe, who was Bellamy's former girlfriend, and Sadler's lover at the time. Bellamy made many harassing telephone calls to Sadler and Sharpe, had one violent confrontation in a Nashville bar's parking lot, and threatened both their lives.

On the night in question, Bellamy made several harassing telephone calls, including one to the Natchez Trace Restaurant where Sadler and Sharpe were having dinner and drinks with two friends. That resulted in Sadler asking a bartender to telephone the police, who never responded. Bellamy later went to Sharpe's apartment complex and knocked on the door. Sadler exited through a side door. On seeing Sadler, Bellamy fled to his van. It was at that time, Sadler testified, that he saw a flash of metal. Believing it to be a gun, he fired one shot. The bullet struck Bellamy right between the eyes, and he died several hours later in a Nashville hospital. It turned out that Bellamy was unarmed. According to court records, Sadler had then placed a handgun in Bellamy's van, presumably to strengthen his claim of self-defense. After a plea bargain, on June 1, 1979, Sadler was convicted of voluntary manslaughter for the death of Bellamy, and sentenced to from 4 to 5 years in prison. His legal team worked to lower the sentence, which a judge reduced to just 30 days in the county workhouse. He served 28 days. Sadler was sued for wrongful death by Bellamy's stepson, and was ordered to pay compensation of about $10,000.

Sadler moved to Guatemala City in 1984. He continued to write and publish his Casca books, produced a never-released self-defense video, and provided free medical treatment in rural villages. On September 7, 1988, Sadler was shot in the head while sitting in a cab in Guatemala City. Witnesses said he accidentally shot himself, but his friends and family believed he was shot by a robber or an assassin. He was flown to the United States by friends in a private jet paid for by Soldier of Fortune magazine publisher Bob Brown.

He was operated on at the Nashville Veterans Administration (VA) Hospital, and remained in a coma for about six weeks. After emerging from the coma, Sadler was a quadriplegic and had suffered significant brain damage. He was finally released in January 1989, but he was reported missing by his family. A few days later, he was found, in time to be present at a competency hearing.

After being moved to the Cleveland VA Hospital for specialized treatment, he was removed from the hospital by two former Green Berets and his mother, Blanche Sadler. After a contentious court battle waged by his wife and children, a court in Tennessee ruled that Sadler be put under the care of an independent guardian. Sadler was moved to the VA Hospital in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, in February 1989, but he never recovered from his injury. He died there of cardiac arrest on November 5, 1989, four days after his 49th birthday. Sadler was survived by his wife, Lavona, a daughter, Brooke, and two sons, Thor and Baron. His son, Thor, served in the United States Army as a Military Intelligence Officer. He did his company command at Fort Jackson, South Carolina.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Holy shit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Fran Tarkenton spoke at the 2016 Republican Convention endorsing Trump. For some reason I thought FT was one of the better old football players.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 4:28pm
… Fran Tarkenton spoke at the 2016 Republican Convention endorsing Trump. For some reason I thought FT was one of the better old football players.
I thought he was dead.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 10:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I thought he was dead.
That's how I found out about the above. I saw a quiz about Super Bowl quarterbacks and wondered if he was dead.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 6:43am
revbob wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 10:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I thought he was dead.
That's how I found out about the above. I saw a quiz about Super Bowl quarterbacks and wondered if he was dead.
That's Incredible.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 5:40pm
… Barry "Ballad of the Green Berets" Sadler's life had some unexpected turns and results. Per Wikipedia:
two sons, Thor and Baron.
Trump is like "Fuck, how did I not think of Thor?"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak