Today I learned …

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… both Hal Blaine and Charles Nelson Reilly survived the horrible Hartford circus fire of 1944.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… a group of Karens (akin to a murder of crows) is a view (i.e., The View).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 9:09am
That's PERFERCT. A friend of mine and I were trying to come up with a name for a group of Karens just the other day. I had suggested A Lululemon of Karens, but yours is better.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 1:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's PERFERCT. A friend of mine and I were trying to come up with a name for a group of Karens just the other day. I had suggested A Lululemon of Karens, but yours is better.
Lululemon is also quite good. The ones I thought of were an impatience of Karens or a scolding of Karens. But when the Boss told me that people were calling them a view of Karens, yeah, that seemed definitive to me.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 2:08pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Lululemon is also quite good. The ones I thought of were an impatience of Karens or a scolding of Karens. But when the Boss told me that people were calling them a view of Karens, yeah, that seemed definitive to me.
Based on the behavior/internet of that woman in Central Park a few weeks ago "a Murder" is perhaps more appropriate.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 2:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 2:08pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Based on the behavior/internet of that woman in Central Park a few weeks ago "a Murder" is perhaps more appropriate.
Way to get all political, Cronkite!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I like a Lululemon of Karen’s 😂
I don’t get The View :huh:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 4:17pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I really think Murder is far more appropriate. These people are dangerous.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 4:24pm
101Walterton wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
An orderly queue of Karens.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 4:30pm
revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 4:24pm
101Walterton wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
An orderly queue of Karens.
Im in one of my extremely rare serious moments.

This lady was threatening him with calling the police but not because she was in danger.

Murder is the proper term and I will use it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Chevy Chase has been married three times. Given what a dick he is, that seems surprisingly low. More surprising yet, the current marriage began in 1982.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 9:49am
… Chevy Chase has been married three times. Given what a dick he is, that seems surprisingly low. More surprising yet, the current marriage began in 1982.
Especially since he continued to be popular through the mid-late 80's. Men are more prone to cheating on career peaks/upswings vs. downswings (this is just my assumption, not based on any facts).
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 10:15am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 9:49am
Especially since he continued to be popular through the mid-late 80's. Men are more prone to cheating on career peaks/upswings vs. downswings (this is just my assumption, not based on any facts).
Maybe, but Chevy just seems like a full-on dick all the time. Regardless of cheating, he seems like a serious pain in the ass to be around.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Bob Barker is a member of the Sioux nation and was raised on a reservation in South Dakota during the Great Depression.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… the nature of the famous Rosie the Riveter illustration is much different than I understood it to be. The original RtR by Norman Rockwell was this:

The one that we all know, of course, is this:

It was adapted by Westinghouse during the war and the "we" refers to … Westinghouse, the company. Not workers or women. It was repurposed by feminists decades later.