Today I learned …

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 2:13pm
Kory wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 2:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 2:04pm
Kory wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Mar 2024, 7:37pm

It's really baffling what succeeds and what flops given that there doesn't seem a lot of daylight between the two. I guess you can appreciate why so much garbage gets greenlit—it might work!
Never discount the power of Bronson Pinchot.
He couldn't save Sara.
Sara failed because of its logo. That's powerful shit.
The upside down swoosh should have killed!
It killed the show!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 2:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 2:13pm
Kory wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 2:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 2:04pm
Kory wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 2:02pm

Never discount the power of Bronson Pinchot.
He couldn't save Sara.
Sara failed because of its logo. That's powerful shit.
The upside down swoosh should have killed!
It killed the show!
I maintain it was the briefcase bait-and-switch. Devoted Reaganite viewers expected briefcase hilarity, but instead they got Maher jackassery.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Ronald Reagan had an older brother, Neil Reagan. He was three years older and died in the mid-90s. No scandal attached to him, just someone who did his own thing and stayed out of the limelight.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 7:15pm
… Ronald Reagan had an older brother, Neil Reagan. He was three years older and died in the mid-90s. No scandal attached to him, just someone who did his own thing and stayed out of the limelight.
I'm surprised that you didn't know about him since you were named after him, after all. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 11:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm surprised that you didn't know about him since you were named after him, after all. :shifty:
I was actually named after my dad, Nels. (My mother soften the blow by at least anglicizing.) Apparently their was a mini-boom in the name because of the moon landing—I was born a couple months before—but I've never encountered any of them.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 11:21am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I was actually named after my dad, Nels. (My mother soften the blow by at least anglicizing.) Apparently their was a mini-boom in the name because of the moon landing—I was born a couple months before—but I've never encountered any of them.
I knew a few Neils in my day.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 11:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sad, pathetic wretches all.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 11:34am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've found that it's the Jeffs, Bens, and Travises that you need to be wary of. Neils have always been good in my book (my boss at the EBF was a sweet old nonagenarian MD named Neil, from Nova Scotia).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 1:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I've found that it's the Jeffs, Bens, and Travises that you need to be wary of. Neils have always been good in my book (my boss at the EBF was a sweet old nonagenarian MD named Neil, from Nova Scotia).
I'm wary of Todds and Kyles.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 6:14pm
Kory wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 1:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm wary of Todds and Kyles.
Oh yeah, those are definitely on the list.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… that Benjamin Bratt (Rey Curtis on Law and Order) (with his mother and siblings) was part of the group of Native American occupiers of Alcatraz Island in 69–71.