NCAA Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

NCAA Football Thread

Post by tepista »

for me and rcs, and whoever else wants some.

Chico, are Ole Miss or Miss St, I forgot? Masoli got his eligibility, that's some bullshit, but it should make them awesome. It should also make local residents install security systems in their homes.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

TJM
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: NCAA Football Thread

Post by TJM »

Florida should drop a few spots after nearly choking on their opening cupcake. Wipe out 2 big plays, an outright lucky fluke catch and a questionable unsportsman call and Urban's boys were outplayed.
LSU may drop as well. Although none of the down the depth chart players for NC were scrubs or whatever. D1 schools don't recruit people to never play, they are there for a reason. It's not like high school where you pay your fee and you're on the team.
It pains me to say it but Michigan looked pretty good. Once they get into the league play with D linemen who weigh 385 and bench 500 it won't be so easy to break off a bunch of 30 yard runs.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Boise benefited on a non holding call on that last punt return. But cool w/ me, I did well in my pool this week.

LSU pissed me off the most, blowing a 20 point lead to a team w/ 13 players suspended.

My 'Masoli will make Ole Miss great' prediction was a bad call. They had the most embarrassing loss of the week.

Looking forward to Oregon playing a rougher sched. The loss of Masoli doesn't seem to hurt.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

My Aggies got stomped by Cal. No earth shattering upset like we had against Stanford back in 06.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

matedog wrote:My Aggies got stomped by Cal. No earth shattering upset like we had against Stanford back in 06.
Did you go to UC Davis?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:
matedog wrote:My Aggies got stomped by Cal. No earth shattering upset like we had against Stanford back in 06.
Did you go to UC Davis?
Yep yep.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

TJM
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by TJM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/f ... index.html

He will drown his sorrows with many women with large breasts and glorious asses. Oh, and that mountain of cash.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

fun

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/ ... inners-hof

I got 4 of 8, shoulda been 5, but i misspelled. then I slapped myself for forgetting 2 of them.

TJM
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by TJM »

tepista wrote:fun

I got 4 of 8, shoulda been 5, but i misspelled. then I slapped myself for forgetting 2 of them.
I kept trying to put in Howard Cassady (Ohio State bias), Jim Plunkett and John Cappelletti and I almost missed Allen by trying to put in Charles White. Looking at the stats I guess they aren't HOF numbers. I could have sworn Cappelletti had a few 1000 yd seasons with the Rams. When I was a kid one of my favorite OSU players was Bob Brudzinski so when he went to the Rams I became a Rams fan. Unless they would have played the Cardiac Kids.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

TJM wrote:

I kept trying to put in Howard Cassady (Ohio State bias), Jim Plunkett and John Cappelletti and I almost missed Allen by trying to put in Charles White. Looking at the stats I guess they aren't HOF numbers. I could have sworn Cappelletti had a few 1000 yd seasons with the Rams. When I was a kid one of my favorite OSU players was Bob Brudzinski so when he went to the Rams I became a Rams fan. Unless they would have played the Cardiac Kids.
I always thought Hornung was Horning. Until a half hour ago.

I also tried to guess Billy Sims!

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

tepista wrote:
TJM wrote:

I always thought Hornung was Horning. Until a half hour ago.

I also tried to guess Billy Sims!
BIlly Sims! There's a name I never expected to see outside of Oklahoma. Fucker's got a BBQ joint in Norman. I haven't paid attention to OU or OSU (OKlahoma State) this year. The only way I knew the season started was traffic was a nightmare last Saturday.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Bankrobber wrote: BIlly Sims! There's a name I never expected to see outside of Oklahoma. Fucker's got a BBQ joint in Norman.
And Earl Campbell sells sausages in Texas.

TJM
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by TJM »

tepista wrote:
Bankrobber wrote: BIlly Sims! There's a name I never expected to see outside of Oklahoma. Fucker's got a BBQ joint in Norman.
And Earl Campbell sells sausages in Texas.
Eddie George has a place in Columbus "27 Grille" Sort of a higher end Appleby's or something. The battered and deepfried cheeseburger sounds gross but really packs an artery. I've heard it's part of a chain with Jerome Bettis having "36 Grille." It's cool to see the stuff on the walls but the huge crowds, not enough parking and rookie drunks acting like assholes really makes me crave a red onion and feta stuffed burger I made myself in my back yard. I've officially become my father; bring on the vericose vein support socks and sandals.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

They remain #3, but if I were a voter, I'd drop Boise after VT's horrible home loss to a D-II. (I know they don't call it D-I and D-II anymore, but I hate change.)

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:I hate change.
No way.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"