It's Always Sunny – Season 6

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Inder
corecore vanguard

It's Always Sunny – Season 6

Post by Inder »

Episode one: funny bits, but a bit blah. Quote: "You're trying to confuse me with your liberal biblicisms!" 3/5

Episode two: funnier than the first, but it feels like the season's trying to find its feet. Charlie and Frank's marriage is hilarious. Dee's been kind of forgettable these eps... Quote: "Let's get our hetero on!" 3.5/5

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: It's Always Sunny – Season 6

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:Episode one: funny bits, but a bit blah. Quote: "You're trying to confuse me with your liberal biblicisms!" 3/5

Episode two: funnier than the first, but it feels like the season's trying to find its feet. Charlie and Frank's marriage is hilarious. Dee's been kind of forgettable these eps... Quote: "Let's get our hetero on!" 3.5/5
I pretty much concur with this. I did like the duelling gag reflex in Ep1, and Dennis' drunk divorce rant and Charlie's uncle's hands in Ep2. I also love Ponderosa as a surname. Overall, subpar by Sunny's standards, but still way ahead of most sitcoms.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Three: Hilarious, on-form. Quote: "The Implication". 4/5

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:Three: Hilarious, on-form. Quote: "The Implication". 4/5
Agreed. Dee's "dance teacher" also had me guffawing.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Still my favourite scene:

[youtube][/youtube]

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

While looking for my favourite (well, one of many)—"Wild card, bitches! Yeeeee hawwww!"—I found this compilation:
[youtube][/youtube]

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:While looking for my favourite (well, one of many)—"Wild card, bitches! Yeeeee hawwww!"—I found this compilation:
[youtube][/youtube]
Awesome. The wheelchair, the duster, the sex I don't want from Dennis...

The outtakes are hilarious, too.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I love that show so fucking much. One human train wreck after the other.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Big Break — good 3.6/5
White Trash — also good 3.6/5

[youtube][/youtube]

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I rate White Trash much higher. Standard plot of social climbing delusions by all involved that gives them an opportunity to demonstrate who awful they are in a batshit manner. The takedown of Dennis as he tried to make a run for the pool was beautifully done.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:I rate White Trash much higher. Standard plot of social climbing delusions by all involved that gives them an opportunity to demonstrate who awful they are in a batshit manner. The takedown of Dennis as he tried to make a run for the pool was beautifully done.
Actually yeah — bump that up to 4. :cool:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This week's episode has a delightful white trash Golden Girls theme to it. Including an actual recitation of the theme. Tres amusing.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:This week's episode has a delightful white trash Golden Girls theme to it. Including an actual recitation of the theme. Tres amusing.
I'd give that a 3.5.

The latest one is a 5/5!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:This week's episode has a delightful white trash Golden Girls theme to it. Including an actual recitation of the theme. Tres amusing.
I'd give that a 3.5.

The latest one is a 5/5!
I'll be watching the new one tonight. The title has me very optimistic. I'm intrigued whether they have the guts to go the incest route.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just watched the new one. Hilarious. Especially the ostrich.

Also just watched the latest Todd Margaret. Much better in terms of The Funny and in movie the story forward meaningfully. I still can't recommend it, but it did make me laugh almost as much as all the previous episodes combined.