It's Always Sunny – Season 6

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: It's Always Sunny – Season 6

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 6:39pm
I've been rewatching in order, and even the eps that I've seen over and over are still fantastic. Then I got to season 12, and halfway through 13, they fucking stink. These are all eps I've only seen once, and all I can think of when I'm watching "is this ovber yet?". The Gang Turns Black, horrible. Boggs female reboot, horrible. The Bathroom Situation, which I just watched a minute ago, horrible. There's some laughs, but no standout eps. I think it re-establishes itself, though, was this when everyone had a side project and maybe they were putting less effort?
Simpsons trajectory, but not nearly as devastating a collapse. I still find it all watchable, but it rarely hits the highs of the first seven or eight seasons.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

amj241
Dirty Punk

Post by amj241 »

tepista wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 6:39pm
I've been rewatching in order, and even the eps that I've seen over and over are still fantastic. Then I got to season 12, and halfway through 13, they fucking stink. These are all eps I've only seen once, and all I can think of when I'm watching "is this ovber yet?". The Gang Turns Black, horrible. Boggs female reboot, horrible. The Bathroom Situation, which I just watched a minute ago, horrible. There's some laughs, but no standout eps. I think it re-establishes itself, though, was this when everyone had a side project and maybe they were putting less effort?
I think the water park episode is pretty funny but it’s the only one out of seasons 12 and 13 that I keep in my rotation. Season 12 is when Glenn “left”, so he was working on AP Bio and I assume Rob/Charlie were starting to develop Mythic Quest around the same time. That might explain some of it.

I don’t think I’ll ever stop watching (unless they do something really drastic like recast everyone) but I definitely don’t expect to laugh as much as I did seasons 2-8 anymore.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

amj241 wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 8:18pm
I think the water park episode is pretty funny but it’s the only one out of seasons 12 and 13 that I keep in my rotation.
That was a very good ep, the little girl grifter was great, I also had a couple laughs when Frank gave Dee a Range Rover and she got got in with a rich lady clique. But Dee is too mean now, and Mac was funny as an asshole, now he's just a moron.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I thought that latest season was surprisingly good. Call it, guys, you've got a top to go out on.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Am playing catch up with this, think I'm around S8 or maybe 9 last i left it, but as a general rule, i always consider 7, or 8 at a push, to be the standard life span of any comedy series. I genuinely can't think of any show that maintained its quality beyond that plimsoll line. Red Dwarf maybe, but I'm not sure how many would agree with me on that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 5:40pm
Am playing catch up with this, think I'm around S8 or maybe 9 last i left it, but as a general rule, i always consider 7, or 8 at a push, to be the standard life span of any comedy series. I genuinely can't think of any show that maintained its quality beyond that plimsoll line. Red Dwarf maybe, but I'm not sure how many would agree with me on that.
King of the Hill was strong all the way to the end (13 seasons?).
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 6:23pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Have never watched it, but there are always exceptions! I'd offer Curb too as even though there has been a drop off in quality, I did enjoy S10 quite a lot.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 7:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Have never watched it, but there are always exceptions! I'd offer Curb too as even though there has been a drop off in quality, I did enjoy S10 quite a lot.
Curb's lost a lot of zing, imo. The last season I truly enjoyed was the first one with Leon (whatever that was).

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 7:28pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Curb's lost a lot of zing, imo. The last season I truly enjoyed was the first one with Leon (whatever that was).
Yeah, would agree on that. Think Leon came in for S6. I think there were two great series after that, 7 was the Seinfeld reunion series which are among my favourites of the entire show.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 7:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 7:28pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Yeah, would agree on that. Think Leon came in for S6. I think there were two great series after that, 7 was the Seinfeld reunion series which are among my favourites of the entire show.
I thought that was the same season. Okay, yeah, the Seinfeld fake reunion season was good, especially playing with Michael Richards' racial self-immolation.

amj241
Dirty Punk

Post by amj241 »

Is anyone else listening to the podcast? It’s been pretty enjoyable/funny. I do sometimes wish they’d focus more on the actual episodes they’re supposed to be talking about though.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

amj241 wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 8:40pm
Is anyone else listening to the podcast? It’s been pretty enjoyable/funny. I do sometimes wish they’d focus more on the actual episodes they’re supposed to be talking about though.
Yeah, it's great — I've been putting on the video version in the background and it's been a lot of fun.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Attachments
podcast.jpg
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf